Menopause Community
Post Menopause spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Post Menopause spotting

I have been post menopoause for years and years.  A little over 4 weeks ago I started spotting for about a week followed by cramps then the spotting stopped. I made an appt with my gynocologist who did a pap and ordered a ultra sound. The exam showed a smnall tear inside which appered to be almost healed.The pap came  back fine and the ultra sound showed my endometrial lining to  be high but in normal range. The gynocologist said I shoud get retested in 6  months. 2 days after the ultrasound I started spotting again. I only see blood after voiding and wiping. I am worred that the dr is dismissing this too soon/easy. I lost both parents to cancer and I am terrified. I must also add that my ovaries could not be found on the ultrasound which I  understand is a good thing since they supposivley light up when there is cancer. I am almost 57So what about kidneys or any other organs that could be causing bleeding?
Would you feel comfortable getting a second opinion?  It could very well be endometriosis as your doctor suspects, but it pays to go further just to put your mind at ease.  It's your body and you know when something's not right.  It pays to be persistent until you are comfortable with what they're telling you.

Post menopausal vaginal bleeding isn't normal, but it could be from a lot of things.  I think you need to get a definitive diagnosis.  Not to scare you, but poke around the ovarian cyst and ovarian cancer forums.  You can get a lot of information there.