Menopause Community
Post-menopausal bleeding after chemotherapy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 44; 6 rounds of Cytoxan and Taxotere followed by radiation.  My periods stopped after the 3rd round of chemotherapy (January, 2011).  I was on Tamoxifen for a year but didn't handle it so well so my Dr. tested me and levels showed that I was in menopause.  I then was able to switch to Femara.  I just started "bleeding" last week (2 years later).  Is it possible that I am menstruating?  Is this cause to worry?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
This bleeding which has occurred after two years needs further investigations. To be on the safe side it will be better to get an ultrasound scan done to see for the thickness of the endometrium. D&C may be necessary. Consult your gynaecologist for an examination.
Hope this helps.