Aa
A
A
Close
Post-menopausal endometrial thickening.
I have a question about the thickness of my endometrial lining.  I've been looking things up on the internet tonight, and it seems like I rarely come across anyone who has a lining as thick as mine.  I just had an US that showed an 16mm lining.  I am 52, and been having irregular periods for quite some time, and more recently, some spotting.  3 years ago, an US showed a lining of 9mm, at which point I had an endometrial biopsy, which was benign.  Is it possible this could still be a benign condition, at 16mm, or does that amount make cancer the more likely cause?  I am going in for a hysteroscopy, D & C, and biopsy on Wednesday.  I am also overweight, but don't know if that could cause the lining to go all the way to 16mm.  Basically, I'm just wondering then if the thickenss of my lining relates to the chances of it being cancer, or could it still be benign, as it was at 9mm?  Thanks so much!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
HI,
An endometrial lining of 16mm does not necessarily mean cancer. It can well be a benign condition for you may not need to do much. The D&C and hysteroscopy needs to be done for diagnostic purposes and to rule out the smallest chance of cancer. Hope this helps.
Take care & good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources