Menopause Expert Forum
Post menopause bleeding
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post menopause bleeding

I am a 58 yr old white female, 3 living children, 5;10" and nearly 300 lbs. I do not and have never smoked or drank alcoholic beverages. Major weight gain following back injury and while bedridden,  & degenerative arthritis. Completed menopause at 56, no period for a year or more. Mother died in June 06 and I had a period, thought it to be stress. Nothing again until my only sister died in Sept 06, bleeding again just as when I was having a *normal* period. In the past few months I have had irregular spotting with cramping, more recently it is a daily occurence, some days just faint show, others perhaps a teaspoon..bright red. Can my overweight, stress be causing this? We moved and have no insurance, husband has been in and out of hospital this year and the bills are mounting. He is self employed so when he doesn't work the bills don't get paid..and I can't find any clinics locally. Can stress and overweight cause the bleeding?
Cancers in my family: my baby sis was a smoker (I am not). She had breast, lung, brain and lymphoid cancer however died of congestive heart failure. Paternal Grandmother died of cancer but not sure what..I think mother said stomach cancer but I was a child and there is no one left to tell me now. Thanks