Postmenopausal syptoms or something else
I a 55 and maybe just postmenopausal. I am wondering if getting so hot and my heart rasing to the point I feel like I am going to black out is normal. I have been to the Doc's but, it doesn't happen whn I am there so they don't know what I am talking about
Welcome to the wonderful world of hot flashes.  When I was taken suddenly off all hormones at the end of my last IVF, my estrogen level dropped so fast that I would lie awake and just feel waves of heat and almost like seasickness, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.   Mercifully, it stopped (the hormones you are on with IVF are quite excessive) but I made the mental note that if it was like that when I finally did go through genuine menopause, HRT was going to be my new best friend.  Talk to a doctor who knows a lot about hormone replacement therapy, and describe what you are going through, and I'll bet you that he or she will know exactly what you are talking about.