Premenopausal?
I am almost 51 and wonder what is going on with my body. About 8 months ago I skipped a period for almost 3 months. When it started again I would bleed for 2-3 weeks at a time. Stop for a few days then start bleeding again. Occasionally i would stop for as long as 2-3 weeks and then start again. I am overdue for a pap but can't schedule an appointment due to the bleeding.  This has been going on for months now. This last period, I bled for over 4 weeks, stopped for 2 days and am bleeding again, going on 2 weeks now. I am also passing very large clots. When I was younger I was diagnosed with dysmenorrhea and would go through a pad and a tampon every hour and a half or so the first two days. I have an appt coming up to see my ob/gyn, but not for 2 more weeks. I know I must be anemic, and I'm worried this is more than just premenopause.

A y ideas what this may be?
HI,
Such type of irregular and excessive is definitely not normal and needs immediate attention. Internal examination, ultrasound scan of the pelvis, pap smears, and blood work need to be done to make the diagnosis. Consult a gynaecologist for a thorough evaluation. Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.