Premenopause
I'm 47, I still have regular periods lasting about 5 or 6 days. But usually, almost like clockwork a couple of days before I start my period I have horrible nightsweats. I wake up completely soaked from head to toe. I talked to my doctor and she said to drink soy milk everyday. Has anyone else experienced this? When will my PMS and periods stop? How much longer should I expect to have to deal with this? If it were just PMS or Menopause symptoms I had to deal with it wouldn't be so bad, but BOTH? It's totally not fair.
As you are 47 years of age and having these symptoms,so the chances of premenopause are more.The normal age range for the occurrence of menopause is somewhere between the age of 45 and 55. Symptoms of premenopause are irritability and mood swings,hot flashes,night sweating,irregular periods,decreased blood loss during periods,dry vagina,breast heaviness and tenderness and joint and muscle pain.

I feel that an evaluation by a gynecologist will be helpful and if premenopause is confirmed then you may need hormonal replacement therapy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.