Profuse sweating from the top of my head
I'am a 67 yr old female who sweats profusely from the top of my head. I do suffer with menopause as I get so hot at times but, the sweating from the top of my head I'am not sure is related to menopause. The only time I'm not sweating like that is when I'm idle. Can someone help me?
Corky
Have you had your thyroid and those adrenal hormones: epinephrine, norepinephrine, metanephrine and normetanephrine levels checked?  Do you have any additional symptoms that you think might be unrelated to menopause, such as shortness of breath with exertion?
I have had my thyroid checked very recently and everything was o.k. I don't know about the adrenal hormones. When they check the thyroid, does that include the adrenal hormones? I do have shortness of breath with exertion. I had allergy tests done and the Dr. said I have asthma along with possibly some copd. I'am about 50 lbs overweight.
Corky
No, the adrenal hormones would not be checked necessarily with the thyroid.  Specifically, you might want to get your epinephrine, norepinephrine and plasma free metanephrines checked.  Also, have you had your heart checked lately?  Perhaps you have a tachycardia issue (rapid heartbeat) that is causing the sweating and and some of the shortness of breath.  At any rate, it might be worth checking out.  As you probably  know, extra pounds can be hard on the heart, can be a risk factor for diabetes, etc..  I know it can be harder with menopause to lose the pounds.