Menopause Expert Forum
Progesterone type is Medroxyprogesterone 10 mgs.

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Didn't know if I should repost to your question as to what type of progesterone I was on. It's Medroxyprogesterone, 10 mgs. and the patch is Vivelle .1, But, I only use either 1/4 to 1/2. I seem to need 1/2 when I'm on the Medroxyprogesterone because sometimes the night sweats come back during those 10 days.

I also have Prometriu which I don't use. Can someone switch from Medroxyprogesterone to Prometrium. My girlfriend takes the Prometrium every day instead of Medroxyprogesterone for 10 days. I would like to use something natural instead of synthetic. Thanks
Thanks for the clarification. You can switch to Prometrium. If you take the prometrium every day, it will likely cause you to not have a period or to have light, occasional breakthrough bleeding. Typically, a 100mg dose is enough for daily treatment, a 200mg daily dose for 10-14 day treatment.

If you stay on the Provera (medroxyprogesterone) you should not need more than 5 mg.

Machelle M. Seibel, MD
This is the first time that I took my Medroxyprogesterone and got my period on the 7th day when I was taking the pills for Days 1-10.Do I continue and finish them off or stop?