Menopause Expert Forum
Prometrium question

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Prometrium question
I am 37 years old and was found to be very progesterone deficient. My dr put me on prometrium 200mg days 5-29 of my cycle. I find that on the "week off" I feel awful and it is making me very uncomfortable. I get anxious, irritable, etc.

Would it be safe to take it every day? Is there a risk if I don't take my "week off"??

Samantha
It is difficult to answer your question without more information. There are a number of ways to treat your problem. Prometrium can be taken daily without a week off. Though that is not the most common way, it should be safe to take daily. If you make changes, be sure to let your doctor know.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD