Menopause Community
Rapid Heart Rate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rapid Heart Rate

I'm 49, had surgery two years ago removing scar tissue caused by a hystorectomy 13 years ago.  They also removed both overies.  I immediatly started having hot flashes after the surgery, and memopause kicked in without ever having symptons before the surgery.  I recently noticed my heart rate is increased which is been happening now for serveral weeks.  More so durning a hot flash.  I have been treating the flashes with natural creams and supplements but this rapid heart beat isn't going away.  Could it be from the menopause?  Thank you for your advise
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
332074_tn?1229564125
It could be. I think it is pretty common for your heart rate to increase during hot flashes, but if you are concerned about it you should see your doctor.
Blank
Hi!
I have had exactly the same symtons, i am 46 and they started about three years ago, I woke up one night really hot and my heart jumped and started to race, it went on for a few hours, then it happened againa fter about 6 weeks, and then it happended again last week,when i was in the car, that lasted for three hours.
I am pleased i have found someone else wiith the same symptons.
i hope u r ok now.
From
Golly
Blank
155701_tn?1230050701
I am 48 and also have a rapid heartbeat. I thought it was from my hysterectomy (hormone imbalances and all).  However, it's actually from my thyroid.  I have hyperthyroidism (overactive) which causes your metabolism to speed up.  It can cause rapid heartbeat (tachycardia), weight loss, muscle weakness, etc.  If I were you, I'd have my dr pull some thyroid bloodwork just to be sure. Can't hurt.
Blank
i have all those things rapid hearbeat, weightloss, muscle weakness , sweats....but was just checked for Thyroid and it was neg........
so could this be peri menopause? i am 39 going to be 40 this yr.

thanks Mel
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank