Menopause Expert Forum
Safe to take progesterone tablets?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Safe to take progesterone tablets?

Thanks for the response to my earlier question detailed below.
I have one more question and that is about progesterone tablets - is it safe to take these (in terms of hormone balance) and is it now worth doing as the diagnosis has eliminated perimenopause to explain the bleeding.
I haven't taken them yet (although I have them here) and am not sure what to do as I cannot afford to be light-headed on hormone tablets as I work for myself. I tried the Pill around 20 years ago and never again due to that experience!  Many thanks, M
-------------
Hi - I hope someone can help me with figuring this out.
I have been bleeding more or less continuously since end April this year and thought I was in perimenopause as I had the horrible clots etc. However since then there has been a reduced number of episodes like that - but the bleed continues with only around 3 weeks in total scattered throughout the last 4-5 months where there was no bleeding.
I had an untrasound and there is 1 tiny 2cm anterior fibroid ( a red herring according to my consultant as it is on the outsidee wall of the womb) and an indication of polyp through hyperplasia on the inside top of the womb.
My bloods (FSH and Oestrogen) returned a verdict of me not being in perimenopause and I am due a hydroscopy early October. I am still bleeding.
What could be the reason? I am 44, somewhat overweight (but not obese) and was under huge stress at the time it started. The stress has diminished since.
Many thanks