Menopause Community
Skin Crawling Sensation at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Skin Crawling Sensation at night

For the last 2-3 months I've noticed what seemed to be bedbugs or some kind of bug that attacks me while I'm sleeping.  Typically it happens at around 2:30 am till about 5 am.  I've used a bedbug fogger, sprayed my mattress and box springs, twice.  I've vacuumed and cleaned every corner of this apartment and I've exhausted all other means of "capturing" these bugs. To no avail.
It was suggested that it could be delusional, but I am not a delusional type of person.  I have no anxiety that I can pinpoint.  So I thought maybe there is a skin condition that can be easily (or not) treated.
Although I feel them crawling and often biting once I rub the area, it goes away.  I have a few "bites" here and there but no rashes and no itching.  It happens in various parts of my body including my head and creeps down my forehead.  I've gotten up in the middle of the night to check my skin and bed and I don't find anything.  
I own a cat, and she has been treated and continues to be treaed for fleas and has been pronounced clear of them.
This is the first time in my life that I've lived alone and I truly have enjoyed it till now.  
Am I going crazy??  
Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thank you.