Menopause Expert Forum
Stopping HRT
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stopping HRT

I am 53 yrs. old and was receiving monthly depo-estradiol injections and taking prometrium (100mg) 3x/week.  I decided to stop all hrt - my last injection was 10/12/07 and one month later I stopped taking the prometrium also.  About 2 weeks after stopping the prometrium I began bleeding and 10 days later I am still bleeding.   What could be causing the bleeding?  When stopping estrogen, do you still need progesterone?  I had a vaginal ultrasound done for some light bleeding before my injection and it showed that my uterine lining was thin, which my dr. said was good.