Aa
A
A
Close
Strange feelings
Does anyone have these strange feelings that they can't explain to anyone. I'm 53 menopausal and these feelings sometimes scare me. Is this part of menopause.
Cancel
9 Answers
Page 1 of 1
875426_tn?1325532016
Not sure if you mean emotion feelings or physical feelings, but as a person in surgical menopause, I have down swings in emotion and I have what I described as a jelly like flaccid feeling before I get a hot flash.  When I heard a description of a sinking feeling before a hot flash, I thought it was a good description.  
Comment
Cancel
875426_tn?1325532016
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
That's it but also sometimes feel as if i might pass out. Never have and hope i don't. But you hit the nail on the head thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
   Yes I did have that happen 2 tiimes. Alll of a sudden I thought I was going to faint,drop like a stone on the spot. I was just standing talking to someone and I did have that sinking feeling and I got weak kneed and reached out for support, but never a real hot flash occuring.
   I have never fainted and that was as clode a feeling that I had but it was strange.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
875426_tn?1325532016
I wonder if you had an issue where your body was having trouble maintaining your blood pressure rather than a pre-hot flash symptom because of your weak knees and lack of hot flash afterward.  And I wonder if like aura without the ensuing migraine, a person can get an aura without the hot flash.
Comment
Cancel
875426_tn?1325532016
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1579662_tn?1296373559
I have had this .... im peri menopausal ..... try black cohosh , fishoil , praying , and trust in the Lord is what helps me , But I hate these feelings also and I know what you mean , It will be ok
Hugs
Comment
Cancel
1579662_tn?1296373559
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1741930_tn?1311058069
I have felt strange and it s scary , sometimes I wonder if its just me or perimenopause , I pray alot it helps me
Comment
Cancel
1741930_tn?1311058069
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am 52, very fit and in menopause.  I have strange feelings and I can't even describe them to anyone other than saying that I get a full body strange sensation and I try to put a name to it but, I can't decide if I am anxious or upset or something -- then the feeling disappears.  It lasts for about 10-20 seconds but it feels so real.  I just tell myself that it will stop.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I like your description of the feeling I get.  It is a "jelly like flaccid feeling".  But unlike some others I never feel faint or weak in the knee.  I
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am 51 years old and I am going through hell with this thing called menopause.  Always feeling dizzy, sometimes I feel like my head is sinking in.  Blurred vision sometimes and always anxious.  Please someone tell me when does this end?  I feel like I will never feel normal again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Strange feelings
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources