Menopause Community
Strange feelings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Strange feelings

Does anyone have these strange feelings that they can't explain to anyone. I'm 53 menopausal and these feelings sometimes scare me. Is this part of menopause.
Not sure if you mean emotion feelings or physical feelings, but as a person in surgical menopause, I have down swings in emotion and I have what I described as a jelly like flaccid feeling before I get a hot flash.  When I heard a description of a sinking feeling before a hot flash, I thought it was a good description.  
That's it but also sometimes feel as if i might pass out. Never have and hope i don't. But you hit the nail on the head thanks.
   Yes I did have that happen 2 tiimes. Alll of a sudden I thought I was going to faint,drop like a stone on the spot. I was just standing talking to someone and I did have that sinking feeling and I got weak kneed and reached out for support, but never a real hot flash occuring.
   I have never fainted and that was as clode a feeling that I had but it was strange.
I wonder if you had an issue where your body was having trouble maintaining your blood pressure rather than a pre-hot flash symptom because of your weak knees and lack of hot flash afterward.  And I wonder if like aura without the ensuing migraine, a person can get an aura without the hot flash.
I have had this .... im peri menopausal ..... try black cohosh , fishoil , praying , and trust in the Lord is what helps me , But I hate these feelings also and I know what you mean , It will be ok
Hugs
I have felt strange and it s scary , sometimes I wonder if its just me or perimenopause , I pray alot it helps me
I am 52, very fit and in menopause.  I have strange feelings and I can't even describe them to anyone other than saying that I get a full body strange sensation and I try to put a name to it but, I can't decide if I am anxious or upset or something -- then the feeling disappears.  It lasts for about 10-20 seconds but it feels so real.  I just tell myself that it will stop.
I like your description of the feeling I get.  It is a "jelly like flaccid feeling".  But unlike some others I never feel faint or weak in the knee.  I
I am 51 years old and I am going through hell with this thing called menopause.  Always feeling dizzy, sometimes I feel like my head is sinking in.  Blurred vision sometimes and always anxious.  Please someone tell me when does this end?  I feel like I will never feel normal again.