Menopause Expert Forum
Strep B

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Strep B
I am 57 years old and menopausal.  I have been using the Combipatch.  I am plagued with recurrent strep B vaginal infections which make the genital area very raw and painful. My Dr. treats with clindamycin which often causes a yeast problem.
My question: why do I keep recurring Strep B?  Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
A. Group B strep is different from Group A strep that is the cause of strep throat. If you are continuing to get an infection with Group B Strep, it is possible the clindamycin is the wrong drug for you and the strep isn