Sudden onset of skin wrinkling and sagging in arms
Hi all. New to this. I am a 44 year old woman who is physically fit (gym 5 days a week) and eats pretty well.

Approx 5 weeks ago I developed veins showing on both hands. They have not gone away and infact they are bulging most times, and I can "feel them". They have increased and I can see some starting to climb up my forearm now. Before this, my veins barely ever showed.

Approx 2 weeks ago, I developed wrinkling (crepe paper look) on my forearms (near connection of elbow) and on my upper arms. My arms have gone from 44 years old to looking like those of a 60 year old woman.

Approx 5 days ago my skin started sagging and I have now developed that "flap" by my triceps. My arms have always been my pride and joy..I work so hard at them, and they have been so tone,..now they look flabby and sagging with wrinkles.
I am in a panic. Have a doctors appointment for Friday.

Yes, I am fair, Yes, I have been sunburnt many times over the years. My mother had wrinkles also, but to have this come on so very sudden, I don't know what to think.

As far as periomenopause, it sounds like this shouldn't happen so suddenly and usually the elasticity is after menopause. I don't have any symptoms yet, except for my period being early once in a while.

I am 44 years old, and have gone, in 2 weeks, from having 44 year old skin to skin of a 60 year old. Could someone please help? I'm very distressed.
You're right in saying that these changes shouldn't be quite so sudden and that tells me that it's not likely to be due to menopausal changes as much as possibly something else going on.  

I'm wondering if perhaps, you may be chronically dehydrated in recent weeks?  Since water makes up a good portion of our body and fills out our skin, I'm wondering if this why your skin has suddenly become so drawn?  

Try keeping yourself very well hydrated (not overly as that can create some really bad problems in and of itself...perhaps, 8 oz per hour for a bit).  Perhaps, something with electolytes in it like a sports drink (NO cafeine).  Gatoraide or one of those might work.  Don't overdo those either.  One or two per day and lots of water.

Please keep us updated as to how you are doing.  
Thank you, nice to have someone acknowledge my post.......it has been the hottest summer on record...and I have definitely suffered sun damage over the years but to have this sagging come on so suddenly! I've been to the doctor and she has basically said "welcome to old age". I lost 25lbs over 6 years ago and toned my arms up completely as I go to the gym faithfully. Why is this happening?? My arms under my biceps have dropped dramatically, to the point where I am covering up my arms. My veins bulge all the time....I'm panicked...my skin is so loose. I just want to curl up in bed and cry and cry.
Hi - Even though I'm a little older than you and am in menopause, I had very similar issues with my skin and muscles, seemingly overnight.  I have yet to find a definite answer, though I have had my hormones tested and discovered all of my hormones are out of balance.  I'm in the process of trying bioidentical hormone replacement to see if that helps.  Hope you find some answers.
I hope I do too. I just noticed tonight that my upper thigh area is starting now.  I need to cope with this, and I am not doing a great job at the moment. I lay in bed and cry. :(
I'm so sorry that you're suffering so.  I know that "out of control of the body" feeling, and it *****!  I hope you have people in your life that you can talk to, because support from loved ones can go a long ways.
I know the feeling. I am 51 and have recently lost about 25 pounds, but have consisently exercised and taken buku supplements. I have noticed my tricep skin puckering at different angles as well as my thighs. You feel like "this is the thanks I get for watching my weight and taking so many supplements that my stomach is screaming!" Forgive me, but at least on a forum, I can be a "crybaby" rather than put up the good front that I do throughout my real day. I have a doctor's appointment today to discuss this as well as mood swings, hot flashes, zero libido and any other symptom one can think of that is associated with menopause. I don't want to think that I must start covering up my arms and legs like the "sterotypical older woman". I hate to think of surgery as the only alternative, as in the past I considered this option as vanity. I guess it's vanity when it's everyone else! LOL
Hi Jnine...  I, too am 44 yrs old and have had the EXACT same issues you're sharing about with sudden sagging and crepey skin in arms, then starting in uppper thighs.  I, too have been physically fit with a very active job, so lack of activity cannot be the culprit. I wanted desparately to share that it's happening identically to me to let you know you're not alone... but other than the fact that we're the same exact age, I've just started investigating what we're dealing with. I have heard DMAE supplements are helpful, as well as MSM and vitamin E. I'm ordering them now. Have you had any developments since your posts here?  Please let me know. The "curl up and cry feeling" IS huge and overwhelming isn't it? .  (((BIG HUGS)))  B
I am very sorry to hear about your unhappy experience—I have been dealing with similar vein and skin issues.

I would like to know whether In the weeks, months, or even a year or so before this happened had you been prescribed one or more of these antibiotics— Cipro, Levaquin, or Avelox?
Just discovered this thread as exactly the same is now happening to me. I'm very depressed about it as I've always been slim,fit and had enviable arms. I've now moved to a hot climate where long sleeves are out of the question. My face looks young but now the granny arms are getting worse - don't even get me started about additional sagging and ugly elbow skin.
Is any of this reversible,do any supplements or hormones help? Notice his thread is old, did things deteriorate further or did anyone find any solutions - help please.
Ughhh dont get me started on Levoquin or Avelox and Cipro. Dreadful Antibiotics and they should be taken off the market.. I only took one  Avelox and experienced some alarming side effects.levoquin was a littel easier but after 5 days i could hardly get out of bed because i hurt so much and the nightmares where just alarming.Ok nothing to do with Menopause i know..sorry..I,m also going through Meno and my skin has gotten very dry and kinda saggy... Miserable isnt it.
I know, menopause is not fun...but it is a natural progression.  I think of the pains as growing older pains, much like growing pains when we were kids.  It will pass as our growing pains did.  Then we will be feeling great...it just takes some time to get here.  We are in the 3rd stage of our lives and we have to go through crap to get there.  I, too, cannot WAIT for it to be over.  But, I'm trying my best to put a positive and humorous spin on it...or else I may have to bite someone's head off!
Sorry for making light, it's the way I can get through the body aches, mood swings, etc.  However, I have been on Menersa for about 5 or 6 months now and it has made a DRAMATIC difference in how I feel.  It is all natural and that, for me, is a good thing.

Best to everyone,
Kesta
BTW...my skin is doing the same thing.  Yuck!  I'm going to try Gold Bond's cream.  They have something for, what sounds like, that kind of thing.  I know that hydration and using lotion everyday seems to help some.  I am trying to make friends with my older self...it's the only way I'll ever be happy!  It's not easy. :)
OMG I just had the same thing happen! I was unhappy, lost weight but now am ok, just a few pounds under still and thin BUT whoa, what is up w/ the sagging skin by the elbows?? I HATE IT. Seems like it happened overnight!!  I am 49. Used to work out a ton but stopped so it is good to hear that it happens to those that still work out. It has to be hormonal? UGH UGH UGH. Loose skin even though I have always had thin arms. Is it lack of estrogen? Will hormone replacement drugs make  it tighten up?  Please post if you find out!
I don't have a solution for sagging skin, but I did try the Gold Bond lotion and it works wonders!  The crepe-like skin is nearly gone!  Hydration was what my skin needed.  I've also been using it on my chest area and it is working great.
If I come across something for the loose skin I will certainly share.
Good luck ladies. :)
OMG!!  46, will be 47 in June.  Can't even tell you how everything seems to be failing, wrinkling, etc. & yes, it seems like it happened overnight.  Perimenopausal as well.  Had complete check up recently & no major health issues. However, my gyno has me hrt's(which I REALLY want to get off of).  Added into the mix of all the skin issues mentioned, I am losing my hair like CRAZY.  Anyone else having hair loss issues?  Thought it might be a thyroid thing, but had full work-up done on thyroid & apparently it is functioning normally.  
Yes! All of this - and glad to hear about the Gold Bond, which is an ancient product someone gave me while I was in the hospital and I couldn't believe how great it worked and smelled great!  I've just recently noticed the elbow thing and am FREAKED OUT! I do believe it's related to hormones but could also be illness and weight loss... But the good news is that I do find that my hands really respond when I moisturize and - a big help - use gloves when I wash dishes.

The other thing is I recently lost a bunch of weight too, and that's when I noticed the skin on my elbows. I think at least some of the problem is from the weight loss, which makes some sense. I figure if I exercise my arms, it'll "pick up" some of the slack, so to speak!

As far as cipro and levaquin - have you been really sick lately? These antibiotics are often given for heavyduty infections. So maybe your issues will resolve when your body regains balance?
RE: Cipro & Levaquin:

No, I was given a heavy-duty dose as a prophylactic against a possible infection and was in excellent health, which is no longer the case since I got hit with systemic damage from these meds. I started noticing what had always been relatively oily skin drying out — permanently — within two weeks  of finishing the drug and within a year I had gone from having very youthful skin to extremely dry, loose skin everywhere: face, neck, elbows, hands, knees, eyelids, you name it. Awful. Vein and joint damage too.  I remain interested in knowing whether anyone else reporting skin problems here was prescribed a quinolone within the year or so before they surfaced.  These drugs attack collagen, elastin, and apparently send free radical formation into overdrive, all of which contribute to aging. These effects are all documented; wish I'd known, not to mention my doctor, before I took the meds.
Ladies, I empathize with all of you completely. I am a post-menopausal 60 yr old who, I am told by everyone I know & many I don't, that I look 45 - which is great to hear, but when the summer clothes come out I could just cry (and do). Weigh 112, but my butt, thighs and upper arms are a disaster. The saggy skin, dry wrinkly skin, bumpy skin....where did it all come from? I'm actually embarrassed to show myself naked in front of my husband of 29 years, who assures me I'm still gorgeous - until I see his eyes sneak to my upper arms or thighs and quickly away. I'm due back to my naturopath to have another hormone balance test - but am stopping at the drug store this evening to get some Gold Bond - have heard it does help a lot and all these lotions I spend a fortune on don't seem to help much. I do know that hydration is extremely important - evening primrose oil taken in capsule form (be careful of too much tho; can cause diarrhea) can help somewhat. I refuse to accept this as part of the aging - I've had fantastic skin, legs, arms all my life so this is really really hard to take. Guess it's a fight that will continue to the end of our days!!! I say, accept who you are but by god, if you're not happy with how you look, keep active, eat organic, drink lots of water (I'm working on the no caffeine) and above all, a positive outlook is huge! I still go sleeveless and it's not easy but I refuse to do the "mature woman" look. The thighs are another story....
hi ladies,
anyone have issues with excessive hair loss during all this???  losing it like crazy & no drs. can figure out why!!  HELP!!!
Stress will cause hair loss.  A friend tried the supplement "Biotin" and it worked for her.  Although, she did complain that 'all her body' hair grew. LOL
I have the same problem and just recently I had the Afirm Laser procedure done on my neck and my arms from hand to shoulder completely.  After that I had a peel done on them.  I notice a HUGE difference.  The Affirm laser tightened and the peel did even more.  It cost $450. for the laser and then $100. for the peel so it was not cheap but I feel much more comfortable showing my arms now.   I was told that the tightening of the skin will continue over the next few months.
Regarding the hair loss, when I started going through menopause at age 47 I would find a hair ball in the shower.  Lasted for a while and then stopped.  I've read that hair loss can be attributed to a lack of estrogen. So not sure if you're at that age or not.  Hair loss is also a symptom that some people with lupus deal with.  I've had some estrogen issues just recently and have noticed my skin is a lot drier than usual, probably a result of the lowering estrogen.
For tightening skin a bit, I suggest Nourish Skin Tight.  It has helped my arms (esp by the crease when you bend your elbow) and my knees!   I began using it 5 years ago, and to me it has made a world of difference.  It USE to work better,however, when it had more DMAE (which is a skin tightener), but I am still pretty happy with the results, as my skin does NOT sag when I lean over in bed to put my arms around the chest of my 41 year old man (and I am 58!) ;-)  
I also want to add that it doesn't work for everyone, but for me most definitely.  However, I do use it 3 times a day! AND I also want to mention that after 2 weeks, I had noticed a difference.  I really cannot live without it and when I went to Europe for 6 months, I took 8 bottles!!!! :-)
I came across this thread yesterday and just had to post. Me: 58-years old, great shape, perfect, unlined facial skin. Avid researcher into skin aging, and medical journalist. About six years ago, I noticed nasty little puckers and crepiness in the crook of my elbow. About six months ago, the skin under my underarm (on the inner side of my arm) started to look saggy.

I have an antiaging blog and have used this to document everything logical to be done about this since many of my readers are experiencing the same. My current regimen consists of taking bio-identical hormones, various health supplements including carnosine, proline and benfotiamine (which prevent and to a certian degree reverse glycation - the primary cause of elastin and collagen breakdown/crosslinking) fish collagen and ALA.  I also add proline and carnosine to my skin creams (DMAE is not demonstrably effetive in helping skin that has loosened due to meno), as well as use a product purchased from a small supplier, that is aptly named Let's Make Collagen. I dry brush my arms daily and use a red LED device which is supposed to increase collagen and elastin production. I use arm wraps at night (elasticated bands). I go to the gym a lot and weigh 123 pounds at 5' 8".  I had one laser treatment but it was a freebie and did nothing (SmartXide Dot laser)

I've done all this for well over a year and NOTHING has improved. I look like a 40-year-old with an 80-year-old's arms.  I live in Canada, so have more opportunity to cover my arms than someone living in Florida and cover them I do. I am embarrassed by them. I feel shocked when I look in the mirror. So ladies, I empathize fully. If I find a solution, I will post for you all. It seems so unfair when I (and you) have worked out so darned hard to stay in shape and it still happens... R x
I am so pleased to hear that Im not the only one who is so depressed at having to hide my arms due to sagging skin...this has happened in the space of six months and im 56 years old! My breasts are also going south fast and inner thighs sagging to my knees. My hair is now about hald the volume of one year ago...my hair, arms and especially legs were my biggest assets but now I havte them. I am taking collagen supplements, having treatment from a trichologist, taking chinese herbs and nothing is improving. I have had four painful sessions on the Accent machine for my arms which didnt work.
So sorry I can't be any help but good to know that Im not alone! I am also on HRT and comingg off this soon so no doubt my skin will then hit the floor!
Hi Sage and all,
This is just scary! I don't have the thigh sag (yet) so I guess I have that joy to come. Sage, I have been on minoxidil since I was 21 as my family has female pattern baldness. I have a full head of hair which grew THICKER after meno. I know that estradiol in the Pill made my hair fall, so it doesn't surprise me that it became thicker (although still fine in diameter). Recently, I thought I would try to go without daily use of minoxidil (as I did when I was pregnant and also once after that). Big mistake. After four months, it started falling like crazy as the hair went into the telophase. Coincidentally, a supplier sent me a hair product called Anastim for an article I was writing. I started to use it and my hair stopped falling within a couple of weeks. I was also back on minoxidil, but usually it takes a couple of months before the falling stops. The product contains the usual suspects such as saw palmetto, but also a growth factor that purportedly stimulated the anagen (growth) phase.  Now, I'm not saying this product made my hair grow back. It may just be that it decided for itself to stop falling faster than with the previous two occasions that I've stopped using the minox. Who knows?  Perhaps it is worth a try along with minoxidil?  I order my minox from eBay. I get the 5% Kirkland one.
Sage, would you consider bHRT?
I will be 50 in a couple of days and I also have the ugly creepy wrinkled skin on my inner arms where the elbow bends. It is so disgusting!!!  I am thin, 5 ft 99 lbs, workout with weights on a regular basis and still have sagging wrinkled skin on my arms. I don't have it on my inner thighs but I am sure that will be next. I thought about titan or another skin tightening procedure. I order some nourish skin tight lotion. I will let everyone know if it helps at all.
Hi Nancy, Join the crowd. It seems to be us slimmer gals who are experiencing this "nastiness" first at the crook of the arm and then as sagging in the inner arm area. The cream that has been mentioned here has no scientific merit in terms of fighting this sagging. The primary cause is depletion of elastin and to reverse this to any degree, one must stimulate the fibrobast cells that manufacture collagen and elastin and also attempt to reverse the primary cause of it - glycation. So far, the only ingredients that can address this are carnosine and proline (the former of which is in a few skin creams. I won't name them here as this is considered advertising but you can PM me as I neither advertise nor sell anything). The tropoelastin (young, fresh elastin) that some skin creams contain hasn't been at all successful either in adding elasticity to the skin. Estrogen also plays a role in keeping the collagen and elastin matrix together so bHRT might help AT THE EARLY STAGES.   Unfortunately, the issues causing the sagging are a little too deep for skin creams to address, and DMAE really is not that effective.

Thermage, Titan and Affirm don't have a very high success/satisfaction rate however the occasional person is very happy with the procedure. I'm not prepared to take the risk of losing $ on something that doesn't work.  

I have found some interesting clothing that disguises the problem in summer without looking like it's trying to! You can PM me about that too if you like.  

Finally, Happy 50th Nancy! I'm sure you are still gorgeous.
Hello thanks for the information. I am new to this board and I do not know how to send a PM.
Hello N...you just click on my name in blue and you will be taken to a page where there is a box on the right hand side and a notation above it to "send a message" or "add as friend."   So just click on "send a message" and type away :)
I have this also , just this yr ...im thin 110 pds ,,menopause & its ugly .. my dr said it was sun damage  , to say the least , I don't believe him lol  alot of us are dehydrated but if you can pee my other dr said thats not the problem ..next stop dermatologist  ..I will get rid of this ..& hope you do also ..my skin is also very dry this year ,,but the arms I know just what you mean ..good luck !!  im on prometrium & estradiol.. was on before didnt do nothing ,,my skin seems to be a little better ..the dryness
I feel so much better knowing other women have this upper arm problem. I am 60 and am at the stage that I cover my arms whenever possible even in the gym which will be a problem in summer.I also have a similar problem with my thighs. I have recently lost quite a bit of weight which has accentuated the problem. I never seem to see other women with this problem even women much older than me. I am so angry that I have to change the way I dress as I am so embarrassed to be seen like this. I am encouraged to read all the ideas and will start to try a few. Surgery is not an option as I believe the scars are pretty horrendous.
This is all so very discouraging. I have just had my 49th birthday and over the past year have noticed a considerate deterioration of the elasticity in my skin as well. Very much so on my face, arms and legs and a little in my lower abdominal area. I, too, am physically fit and with a good figure, I have worked out my entire life and have always been happy with the ability to control my weight and maintain a bikini ready body. I am now questioning whether showing any part of my body is proper as I too feel I'm beginning to look like an old woman. Along with all of this is the uncontrollable mood swings which make ME even question who I am. There has got to be something that can balance this horrible time in life, we are in the age of incredible medical technology and I am determined to find at least some sort of solution! When I find the fountain of youth or at least some slow down to this problem I will share!!!
Great post, and yes it does appear to come on quickly.  I am 43, and still having my cycle.  I look my best when I ovulate, which tells me that some type of natural hormone replacement would be beneficial.  I have also notice that drinking lots of water does help.  

I think I still look pretty good, surely aint the same woman I use to be, but not too bad.  I think the hardest thing for me is that for my whole life I was too skinny, now the last 5 years been battling that belly bulge...  (Hey if I could just put that weight on my face...lol)...

Then there are so many products, havent been using anything for a while now.  Just got tired of spending the money for no results...

The only thing thus far that help at all is what I have been doing for my hair.  I have really fine hair, that use to be just always shiny and straight...  Lately it have been just thin, stringy and just dead looking..  I havent gone grey yet ( a few strands...), so I decided no more dying the hair.  Still look ah...  Recently I got a free sample of Nexus Shampoo and Condition.  OMG, I fell in love w/my hair again.  Yes, it is expensive, but I love the way my hair feels...

Now if anyone has any suggestions for the turkey neck and the crows feet, and oh yea, here's the kicker...  Now I have wrinkles and acne, you got to be kidding me... LOL  this is worse than pubrity (ah did I mention brain fog - but that's a whole nother story...)...

I am just 59 and suddenly, about 2 weeks after ending my Cipro and Flagyl courses (fun!) developed exactly the symptoms everyone is describing. I had an infected puncture wound that wasn't healing and had to go on both drugs. I did not know of the Cipro/collagen/elastin connection!
Regarding hair loss over the past 5 years or so I had developed a bald patch at the hairline with increasing  thinning all the way around the face. All tests were negative but last month the dermatologist diagnosed Female Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia, only discovered in 1994 but now not uncommon in menopausal women. Sadly it's supposedly irreversible and he said not even Minoxidil/Rogaine  would cause anything to grow through the scar tissue because the hair follicles there are dead. However a cosmetic dermatologist I saw for other issues said just use the 5% Rogaine as directed twice a day) and incredibly I now have hair growing in those areas. Hope this helps and gives hope to others. I hate applying it but now moisten a cotton ball and apply with that so it doesn't drip and cause hair to grow in unwanted areas.
Hi ladies,

I am a 44 year old male. My thyroid went haywire about 4 years ago and I gained about 50 lbs. Once I got the thyroid problem under control with pretty high doses of Synthroid, the weight started to come off. However, the skin was indeed sagging and stretch marks appeared ... Exercise helped a little with the sagging. Nevertheless, in a panic, I started reading the rejuvenation litterature ... As a result, I began a regimen of Vit. B12 injections and testosterone. I also take Collagen tablets, Vit. E and various other supplements. The sagging has improved and I suspect much of it was corrected with the testosterone shots. I typically do a 3 month cycle and then stop to prevent scrotal shrinkage and I have not noticed additional pilosity. And the days following the test shot, I feel great, like on a youthful high. In any case, perhaps a testosterone regimen may help ...  I know it is also available in a gel medium for cutaneous absorption. In any case, the stuff is cheap and perhaps a sympathetic family doctor would agree to give a try ...

Finally, I was told the best rejuvenation therapy involves 1 or 2 IUs of synthetic growth hormone injected with a fine insuline-type needle into the thigh area. This therapy is quite expensive but it appears to rejuvenate the body rather effectively. I'm planning to try it next year if I could find an affordable source ...

Best of luck,
Marc  

Hi Marc, I've posted a lot about supplements for sagging on my blog. I am using several including ALA, proline, carnosine, B12, collagen, ceramides and fish collagen protein that has been shown to make it through the digestive tract and into the bloodstream to the cells. I take a lot of things to arrest hair loss as well and my hair is thicker since the Big M.

The HGH is very expensive. I just started with a HGH stimulating secretagogue supplement. The jury's still out on this one though with a lot of people saying it works and others saying it's complete nonsense. It is supposed to thicken the skin as well as increase lean body mass.

I'm so glad you posted as it is good to hear a guy's side of things.

Regrettably, we girls cannot benefit from the same dosage of testosterone as you are having as we would develop masculine characteristics and our hair would likely fall too.
Oh so discouraged.  I am about to turn 54 and my body looks 74.  Wrinkles, sags, crinkles.  You name it.  I've got it.  And all of this has developed over the past 4 months.  I have been active and in shape my whole life.  I don't even want to think of how I will look in another 2 years or 5 years.  Could my skin get any looser?   I think that perhaps surgical lifts are about the only thing that will really help.  Does anyone have an explanation for the sudden onset???
Ravenshire, it is scary, isn't it? I have spoken to probably 100 women about this issue and it seems to affect slim women who, like you, have been in shape all their lives more than those who have an additional layer of fat. I am 58. My sisters are all in their 70s. My arms are way worse than theirs. The only difference between us is weight. They are all significantly heavier in terms of fat mass.  The cause of this appears to be primarily hormonal. I know I first noticed the dimpled, cellulitey appearance above the inner elbow when I was 52. This past year has added a wrinkled and sagging appearance all down the inner arm.  Curiously, my facial skin and skin tone looks like that of someone in her early 30s. The elasticity in my face is still there but my arms can be pinched and stay pinched due to breakdown of elastin fibres.  As I see it, there are two things happening: loss of subcutaneous fat (associated with menopause) and loss of elasticity associated with the aging process and particularly glycation.  It's frustrating as all h*ll.
Wow, Rosina...my face also is pretty much wrinkle free.  Aside from a few tiny tiny fine lines.  I'm thinking that will be the next thing to show age but maybe not.  I am surely frustrated but will continue to work out and maintain a low body weight.  At least I still look pretty darn good in clothed;)
Hi Raven,

I fully agree with looking pretty darned good in clothes... :)
Im experience the exact same things as you. Im 40 years old. My skin suddenly got very dry, wrinkled (granmother wrinkes) on my arm both upper and underarms.
Im also loosing my hair and it all came suddenly about 14 days ago.
Im been testet and teastet by the doctors, but im perfectly healthy if you can put it that way.
A few years ago i was in an accedent where i destroied my hip. It was very very stressful as i lost my job and all.
3month ago i broke up with my boyfriend and he moved out. Bla bla bla, but all this coust stress and hormon differences.
The docters say i suffer from servere stress and they say it normal that your hair fall out 2-3 month after the "thing" that coust the stress.
I hanvt read all treads, but only a few, but you could think if it can be stress you are suffering of.
The doctes said that i should take B vitamin complex, silica.
Its been a BIT better in the last couple of days with my skin, so fingers crost.
Im sorry for my bad english, but im from Norway.

Hi J from Norway... no problem understanding your English. Yes, it is true that hair will fall three or four months after the stressful incident. I am so sorry to hear of the bad things that you have experienced. It certainly sounds very stressful. Keep up with the B vitamins and the silica. Your hair is not thinning in general so minoxidil isn't necessary. It will grow back.  The dry skin is likely due to hormone depletion as your doctor suggests. Using Bio Oil right after your shower or bath may help as it holds moisture in well.  I hope you take some time to breathe deeply and look after yourself...
So glad I stumbled onto this forum.  If nothing else it will be therapeutic to discuss these issues with you all.  Depression is starting to set in over these issues and I can't help but think there has got to be some way to fight back and regain some confidence and acceptance that age will happen but we don't need to sit back and go down without a fight.  I am 57 and will confess that I have not taken very good care of myself.  But that is going to change, starting now.  I have purchased every product out there that offers any hope for crepey skin, wrinkles, anti-aging of any sort.  While some products may work for some individuals, I haven't found anything that works with regularity.  I guess the nice smell sometimes makes me feel like it is helping - ha!  I guess aromatherapy is good too!  I know this may sound silly, but would anyone want to start a coalition of sorts?  My thought was to join forces, weed out the bad products and report back to the group.  The cost to purchase all these items and try them can be an exhorbitant blow to the budget and in these economic times it would help to join forces.  If nothing else, being a part of a group might help so that none of us feels alone.  Maybe we could each pick a product or a process and try it for a month.  Keep track of any changes, expenses etc and let everyone here know what works and what doesn't.  I am so sick of being advertised to with products that sound good and don't work.  Anyone else?  Maybe we could start a blog.  I am willing to research if anyone is willing to join.  Thoughts please?  I don't normally do anything like this...because quite honestly the internet can be a scarey place, but I hate aging more :)
OK, call me crazy.  I was in a very crowded, hot city recently where I found myself more interested in arms than anything else.  I spent hours comparing my arms to everyone else and concluded that 99 % of women my age and even much older, have unwrinkled, unpuckered and uncrepey arm skin.  Incidentally, those overweight women may have fat arms but at least the skin is younger looking.  So what is there left to do?  Karen...I'm with you all the way.  Email?

I'll be watching this thread for new developments. ;)
And I am definitely willing to join any informal (or even formal) research that might take place. I've been researching youth-preserving topics for a very long time and have considerable experience with many products (notably DIY concoctions, which for me work better than the most expensive creams and such).

BTW, has anyone here tried unrefined palm oil (for topical application)?
I've only neen using it for a few days now, but it really is a very good moisturiser.

Here's one thing, however, that I *know* for a fact helps preserving a young(ish) appearance: refusal to accept ANY symptom of whatever is causing these nasty manifestations of "cronehood" as definitive, irreversible. That is BS!
And I am speaking from actual experience, not (just) out of some philosophy. NOTHING is irreversible if you refuse to accept it as such.

More on some other occasion... perhaps. ;)

Good luck to all!

Karen, I am very interested in joining a forum.

Ravenshire, I do the exact same thing, check out arms. And like you, have noticed that hardly anyone my age and much older have wrinkled arms like I do!!!  They have tons more wrinkles on their face and neck than I do but they have nice smooth plumb arms!!  I don't get it.

Azurea, where do you purchase the palm oil? And does it clog your pores? Do you use it on your arms?
Karen your idea regarding sharing our experinces about skincare products sounds great!  Im so sick of spending bucketloads of money on products only to discover that im stuck with yet another empty promise.  Facing the prospect of ageing is really frightening.  I've got all the signs of ageing but if there's anyway that I can halt this process I'll do it, apart from going under the knife.  Mind you if i could afford it i wouldnt mind a nip and tuck here and there.

I can relate to all the issues everyone here is going through.  The premature ageing, the hair loss.....my confidence is totally shot!

Now Ive noticed that my body is heading south....everything is sagging, with loss of tone and elasticity. I used to pride myself in having a slim body and being able to wear nice clothes, but thats a thing of the past as none of my clothes fit.  My waist is a thing of the past as Ive developed that middle aged spread..  My thighs, legs, tummy look as though they've suffered major "hail-storm" damage.  And now i've discovered that i have extra rolls of flesh/fat around my midriff.  Not only does it looking revolting but it feels uncomfortable. What happened to my body, I dont recognise the person i see in the mirror anymore....

Of course going thru early menopause at the age of 41 didnt help.  I was diagnosed back in Oct 03  Im 48 now, but look and feel at least 10 years older than i am.

I know it feels crazy having one's body change so much.  All we can do is accept that we are aging, take care of our skin and bodies and realize that we had our youth and now we have the other half of our life, our aging part.  I choose to enjoy it and TRY not to worry about my skin (that is a tall order for me!) because I don't want to waste a minute of my life.  I want to enjoy all that I have and all that I am for the rest of my life.  It's a totally different mind set and not an easy one, but I believe I'm getting there.  Ahhh...it is so much calmer in my mind when I am there and I can enjoy myself so much more.  Maybe that is why I love camping...very few mirrors and it is all about the experience of being one with all that is around us.  Sorry for the soft tone.
I would support you on a forum, blog, whatever.  I have often thought a blog for women 40, 50, 60ish who are maximizing their god-given physical, mental, and spiritual gifts would be a worthwhile endeavor.  I would be interested in participating.  

I am 55, soon to be 56.  I noticed an incredible weight gain when I worked for a year and a half from 53-55.  Then I stopped working earlier this year, did the low-carb thing for four months and started working out again.  Lo and behold, my figure came back!  I would trade being slender any day of the week for somewhat crepy skin.  But that is our nemesis.  

I don't have money to spend on beauty products, nor on many supplements.  So my routine is so basic it's ridiculous.  I use simply coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil (organic).  I lather it all over my arms, legs and face, and off I go for a run.  By the time I've finished, it's absorbed and my skin is fairly dewy with sweat and moisture.  I don't shower afterward either, because I want to keep my skin looking  that way.  

I don't look at my wrinkly elbows, so they don't bother me much, but they're there.  My legs are in great shape.  I can still wear hot pants and show off a great set of gams, though I'd never dare to in public.  The arms have slimmed down nicely, though I question whether I'll ever completely get rid of that underarm sag.  My niggly little thing is the loose skin above the knees when you walk.  If you step briskly, it sort of shakes a little.  Man, I'd love to know how to get rid of that!

Oh, there's so many little things about aging that could drive me crazy if I let them, but I do try to accept it, albeit with a good fight to keep what I've got as solid as possible -- and healthy!
I love your attitude!!  

When we were kids we had growing pains and now we have growing older pains (I'm 56).  Yes, I sag in spots and I jiggle in others, but it's my body and it's served me well.  The best I can do is love it and take care of it - and most of all appreciate it.  

Be well.
I have always been in good shape; exercise regularly, etc. I am now 56 and recently lost 4 lbs...(which on me is huge)..I notice it in my butt (saggy) and especially depressing the leg area right above the knee (wrinkly) I live in Hawaii and although I wear knee length shorts and dresses which cover it up, occasionally I like to go to the beach and go for a swim and I am embarrassed.....I so much would rather have extra pounds then be where I am at!!  I know that gaining some weight will help fill out my legs again, but you don't know how hard it is for me to gain a pound, let alone back the 4lbs i lost!! Help!!!
Just wanted to mention that I have had such a blog as referenced a few up, for over 18 months. I'm a med journalist by profession (and obsessive anti-ager). The blog aims to dispel all the hype and nonsense out there and identify treatments for sagging/wrinkling/hair loss, etc. that actually work.  The blog is Middle Ageless and if you google that you should find it.  The Ageless Beauty tab has many topics of interest to do with crepiness etc.  There is also a list of the most popular posts down the right-hand side. Cheers!
Ladies, we can fight like heck to stay young; we can exfoliate, exercise, cream until we slip out of bed, spend tons of money on products that promise the moon, and despair when we can't reverse time. I'm 67 and arrived at this site because I'm concerned about the wrinkling of skin under my forearms.  I'm so glad I found it because most comments show me that I'm blessed by the joy of seeing my much-loved grandmother in my mirror, not distressed by it.
Bravo!  We change.  When we accept we enjoy.  It's not an easy thing to change, but this is an exciting time in our life and I, for one, am going to try to enjoy and accept.
Wow ladies!! I understand what you're going through and SADLY I'm only TWENTY-EIGHT!!!  This is soooo sad... I shouldn't be relating to you all now at my age. :(

I'm not joking... in the past two years.. I've slowly developed it all... the slightly crepey skin and wrinkles inside the elbow crease, all the loose bunched up crepey skin on the outside of the elbow, skin has totally thinned on my hands- veins stick out (same with my feet), my feet has such loose crepey skin and are so wrinkled I can pull the skin on them pretty good, I have jowls, wrinkles under my eyes, getting wrinkles between the nose, three lines/wrinkles on forehead, lips are lined/ lost volume, boobs dropped and shrank, I get those neck things when I smile, butt dropped and lost firmness, bat wings, wrinkled knees! I am not over-exaggerating.

It all started about two years ago when I didn't sleep for about 8 days. During those days, (it was a few months after I had a baby), I had a nine day period! Ever since I've been getting bad sleep- sleep study showed mostly only broken up light sleep (no deep beauty sleep) and a few hours a night. I would also periodically go another day or so without any sleep. And then I went another ten days w/o any! About a month into this crazy insomnia, my period got light and started coming every two weeks. I also definitely started getting hot flashes and many other symptoms of perimenopause. My insomnia gave me very high cortisol levels which I've heard can cause early menopause. I'm wondering if that is what this is or its my thyroid?

For about the first year, I just noticed a few wrinkles and age spots on my face, wrinkled hands and feet, slightest facial sagging- I could still cover everything with makeup and just looked about 8 years older than I did before. (I looked basically my age or two years older) Then, it started to get bad.. someone asked if I was sad and I wasn't... I just looked like I had a frown! My boobs sagged, etc. Makeup- I dont even wear it anymore- it dosent help. Literally, every few weeks, I had new lines/wrinkles.

I'm trying to fix my sleep, but in the meantime, I want to try to hold on to some of my looks. My family dosent understand... I'm not being selfish at all... I don't think that any woman my age would handle this well or accept it. Especially when I looked YOUNGER than my age before. Right before, guys told me I looked 17! (I was 26.) My whole family looks ten years younger than they are. I've always taken care of myself too- ate healthy, exercised, slept 9 or 10 hours. I used to love buying cute outfits and looking cute and now I can't do that anymore. The worst part is now my facial sagging and loss of elasticity is so bad- I look like I'm sad and frowning and I'm not!! I also look angry because of trying to sleep when you can't every night for two years has given me those wrinkles!

This is very hard for someone who used to constantly smile and loves people.. to not look pretty or approachable. You women are in your 50s and 60s and its hard enough to deal with the body changes THEN whey they are supposed to happen! Why should a twenty something have to go though this? :( There has got to be some way to stall it while I work on getting my insomnia fixed.

Do you ladies have any advice??  Does this sound like perimenopause? My periods have gotten less and less days, lighter and lighter... barely existant now. The sagging and loss of elasticity has gotten extreme the past few months.. my jowls are bad. Is that sound like peri?

Should I go on a birth control pill or do bioidentical hormones? Has anyone tried human growth hormone? Would that thicken the skin and make me look a little younger? (I forgot to mention- people now call me a "lady"- I look like I'm in my late forties)  If I can ever get my sleep back to normal, I've definitely considered getting a facelift and fx, but I would have to get a boob job to lift my boobs, butt lift, etc. :( Its so depressing. I had a great young figure before and now its gone.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!! Just be thankful you arent in my situation. :(  I need to feel good about myself  to be a good mom!
Hello :)  I really think you need to get a few things checked out...it sounds like a little more than perimenopause and the fact it started after you gave birth may be an in dication of hormonal disruption. I certainly would not go on Bio-identical hormones until I had my hormone levels checked out (all hormone levels, not just the sex hormones). When cortisol levels are high, you can develop all sorts of skin problems normally associated with aging. Growth hormone will thicken the skin but at your age you should be producing enough of it. Are you getting enough sleep now? You should ask your MD if melatonin will help. I take a couple of Gravol at night when I'm having insomnia and they work like a dream.   I really hope you get this sorted out soon as I'm sure you are a super mom and deserve to feel better about yourself R. xox
Thanks Rosina.

No, my sleep is still unbelievely awful. What other hormones are there besides sex hormones? Do you mean thyroid? I did have saliva tests for sex hormones about a year ago-it showed very high dhea- like an older person, low progesterone, low testosterone, etc. I'm definitely not producing enough gh. I don't really have much muscle on my body anymore. My little one will accidentally hit my neck and it hurts!! There is no muscle-just loose skin- I'm getting a crepey neck. It makes sense since gh is produced during deep sleep and Ive lacked that totally for two years. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I've tried melatonin- actually every sleeping pill for that matter. :(
I found this forum and identify with most comments. I am thin, had early menopause 10 yrs ago at 42. My skin sags, my arms and legs especially cause me distress. I also have osteopenia. I take lots of supplements and workout, and have increased both lately. 5 yrs ago I had plastic surgery so my face looks ok. I started taking larginine for muscle building, and that really helps build my muscles. I just started HRT but havent seen any improvement in skin elasticity and thickness, which is what I have issues with most: the sagging skin on my arms and legs and the little ripples on my thighs and arms. If anyone has any suggestion for something for skin elasticity, I would love to hear about it. I started taking lutien because i read that there was a 2006 study it improves skin elasticity. Its 2010, you would think they would invent something for skin elasticity and aging skin by now.  
thanks! T  
Are you the lady who chatted with me about six months ago? If not, then there are two of you having the same issues. I would try to see an Internist to measure all your hormones and see what's really going on in there. It  wouldn't be wise to take (for example) growth hormone when the real issue is further up the food chain so to speak and needs to be dealt with. What you describe must have a definite cause, perhaps a pituitary issue. Who did the saliva tests? It seems that you've had the tests but that no one is addressing the results. What does your doc say about all this? Sometimes it is a really minor issue with huge results when addressed properly. Just a tiny bit of the right hormone can get everything going in a positive direction again.
Yes, Rosina, that is me. :) What kinds of things do you test to see if there is a pituitary issue? I did the saliva tests through a compounding pharmacy. So, I'm not sure who to bring them to. Have you heard of those drs that were advertised on oprah for bioidentical hormones? I was going to go see one of them, but they really just focus on hormones- I think I need someone who will cover everything, because my severe insomnia has affected a lot I'm sure.
Hey you! It must be so frustrating. The insomnia must have a cause though and this could be to do with melatonin/cortisol. I had my tests done by a naturopathic doctor. I know that in the States, it is very difficult to find a doc locally who understands and prescribes BHRT. It's a little different up here in Canada where both doctors and naturopaths can advertise this service. I saw that Oprah show. I am wondering if you ask  on www.power-surge.com's forums, if someone can advise you about docs in your area. Everyone is into BHRT over there it seems. However, I really think that you need a referral to a specialist from your GP or family doc. It is not right that you are having to go through this, while trying to be a mom. I have all the respect  in the world for you as it must be very difficult.
I just wanted to ask if you have ever tried Gravol travel sickness tabs. I take two if I can't sleep and they knock me out.My friend's daughter just had a benign brain tumour removed and she developed very bad insomnia. I heard that she was sleeping better now that she is taking them too.
Again... here's another person with this is issue! I'm 41 and woke up one morning with saggy skin on my face, arms and thighs along with deep wrinkles under my eyes.  The doctor says my hormone levels are fine and to drink more water. Clearly something more is going on here!!! Glad to find this forum for support and information.
Hi. I am 43 years old and had menopause 4 years ago.  Now, i had the same problems most of you have, the sagging arms skin as well as on my upper thighs.  I guess it's due to hormonal change.  I am not taking any HRT; in fact my OB/Gyne asked me to choose if i wanted to have HRT treatments or just welcome early menopause at the age of 39.  I always check out my body on the mirror and notice a lot of changes has occured.  Now, i'm heavy on my belly, in fact, i added 4 inches on my waist after menopause.  I couldn't believe that cause i have been eating the same food during these years.

Also, after menopause, i have this outer vaginal itchiness especially during night time and at times after i pee.  I always wash my genital area everytime i pee.  I use this AVEENO anti itch cream and it helps about 70% and when the itchiness begins, i psyche myself not to scratch.

I don't have any itchiness during daytime but as soon as i lay down to sleep the itchiness begins.  I guess it's really a hormone thing and i'm cutting down on sugar intake as i'm a little high but not overboard.

Are any of you ladies on thyroid meds, esp. the natural ones like Armour? Poor thyroid uptake affects protein synthesis. Thyroid meds likely need increased if one is on any estrogens or other hormones. A once a year TSH test will leave you undiagnosed for a whole year. That is what has happened to me. In less than year my skin on my upper inner arms now looks like the arms of a woman 20 years older. Only my own research clued me to the fact that HRT therapy requires more thyroxine. Two doctors have told me this may be the reason for accelerated skin aging. I, too, have been thin and active my whole 58 years. Unfortunely for me I also live in Florida and have been out in the sun for 40 years. How come I'm not dead from skin cancer. Must be all thsoe supplements I've taken for 25 years.
ConnyMommy, your post is so very interesting. My three sisters (all over 20 years older) are all on thyroid meds and I have not seen any skin sagging on their arms. I've had the tests and am apparently just fine. I am on BHRT - estriol only, and progesterone. One of my sisters is on Armour Thyroid, which makes a HUGE difference in her life.
I am a 56 year old woman who has done strength training along with cardio exercise faithfully for over 25 years.  Like a lot of the rest of you, I too am slim.  I was very proud of my arms as they were very toned and defined up until about 3 months ago.  All of a sudden one day I woke up to the awful crepe paper looking skin problem that seems to get worse everyday.  It is very depressing.  As some of you have mentioned, I find myself comparing my arms with women that are my age or even worse, much, much older, and feeling very cheated knowing that many of these women have never set foot in a gym or lifted a dumbell in their life.  I realize there are a lot of worse things that could happen to a person, but somehow it just seems so unfair after having worked to stay in shape for so long.  It is a comfort to know that I am not alone and I will be checking back to see if anyone has a solution!  I am embarrased to show my arms anymore.
pls help me ...i feel sick evrytime i had my monthly period (before and after) im 42 yrs old ...is this a sign of a premenopause stage?
Yes! My hair was thinning and breaking and was really dry. My hairdresser recommended Red Ken's Time Reset treatment as well as regular use of the shampoo and conditioner. Add to that some thermal protection hair serum and the results are amazing. I also don't wash my hair everyday anymore and not pulling it back or clipping it works too. Also take vitamins and exercise as much as you can, it will relieve some of the stress accociated with Menopause.
I also have the crepy creepy look. (60).  My understanding is that it is a lack of hormones.  Like estrogen.  I am trying a natural estrogen to see if this worksasI didnothave the problemuntil Istopped the estrogen.  I have just started using Wild Yam cream.
I'm 55 and post menopausal.. I still look about 38 and although I have a bit of sag under the arms and such .. I'm still in pretty good shape.. but recently started having panic attacks.. which led me to doing a lot of study on the subject because my PCP put me on Clonazepam.. Before the Clonazepam my skin was getting very thin and my hair was thinning a lot... the Clonazepam changed that ...

Now I don't recommend anyone go on Clonazepam.. it's a Benzo and meant to deal with anxiety disorders and epilepsy... but how it does so is a big key I think... Okay after saying all that.... this is what I really want to suggest. ------>

Clonazepam replaces GABA in the brain.. it's a brain barrier crossing medication... Not a good thing, but with all my research I found that women in Menopause often have a loss of GABA production which leads to thin skin, loss of hair and all sorts of symptoms very similiar to what is being described by various posts in this forum..

GOOD NEWS is that there are natural substances that cross the blood brain barrier but unlike Clonazepam do not 'REPLACE" GABA.. but support your own body making GABA which is a chemical that keeps your nervous system calm and reduces stress..

So far I've been studying natural suppliments such as: Suntheanine, SHTP, Glutamine, Folic acid, Glutamic Acid  Not to mention taking Calcium/Mag/Zinc etc..

Everyone is different and have different needs ... but for those with thinning/loosening skin and loss of hair... I'd look into improving/supplimenting  GABA production... This suggestioin is based purely on the fact that once given this GABA replacing benzo.. my skin improved tremendously, as did my hair grow back in .. (not fully but amazinging increased in volume). And it may well be that I don't actually have panic disorder but am experiencing post menopausal symptoms that are very common..

I think too it's advised.. to take Vit D and B vitmins.. Suppliments, suppliments, suppliments.. but only a few actually cross the blood brain barrier to help increase GABA production naturally.... Do your research and it just may change your health tremendously.
All these things are happening to me,,,,,hairloss, the skin,,,,,ohhhhhhh the skin is awful. Within a month! When I twist my arm all I see is wrinkles. My long lean body is paying the price now.
Just wanted to say, thanks for making me laugh in the midst of all the crying Beck!!
Yes, I have tried palm oil, and I think it works better than anything else I've used for this purpose.  The only thing is it's quite messy.  For those that don't know, palm oil is so high in beta carotene, it's orange like carrots are.   And if you're not careful, you can get it all over your clothing. But Vitamin A is known to be very good for skin, which is why I tried it in the first place, and I did get results.
What specific changes did you notice, Janet? Less crepiness? Tighter "bond" of the skin to the arm?
I am taking bio identical  hormones  .. prometrium & estratal , also berocca plus vitamins ,,prescribed ..q 10 zinc collagen ..I love the collagen ..my skin looks so much better ..its hard to find a dr where I live for bio identical hormones, so I did alot of reading ,,Suzanne S books ..& told the dr what I would like to try .. he agreed .. I feel great !  the arms ,,crepiness  looking better ...im not saying this is for all..but its for me its a miracle ..I don't believe we have to look this way ,,we are lacking something ,,we need to find out what
Good Luck  
Hi Amber, what is Estratal? It's not in my medical updates anywhere...
Estradiol << sorry  
What is estradiol?

Estradiol is a form of estrogen, a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries. Estrogen is necessary for many processes in the body.

Estradiol is used to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, and vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation. Other uses include prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and replacement of estrogen in women with ovarian failure or other conditions that cause a lack of natural estrogen in the body. Estradiol is sometimes used as part of cancer treatment in women and men.
Thanks Amber. I'm a medical journalist and get about 40 updates on meds and what-not daily. I thought perhaps this was some very new form of estrogen, although I couldn't see it on the Internet :)
No lol I was in a hurry ,,spelled it wrong :)  I read alot also ..my interest is medicine . always has been ..just when I reached about 52 I thought wow my face is going to hit the wall soon  ,,I  don't have so many years of looking great haha I need to do something ,,so I read & I ask ..I was a model ..I lived on a tight body ..but if you notice or took note ..many of these ladies are thin ?
Anyways , just a thought im only 110 to 115 ..but I just think when are hormones change we do too .. we are made up of them ..as you know .....im tired & babbling ,,sorry ..Happy New Year !
I cant begin to tell u the relief i felt coming across tgis page while googling sudden saggy skin.  I just turned 48, and a year and 1/2 ago went from the person who everyone wanted to look like to looking older than my grandmother.  I have always been fit and muscular. I was never a gym person, but looked as though i worked out on a daily basis. All of the sudden, my arms started to sag, then the fronts of my thighs. Drs found a neck injury which they say controlls the muscles on your arms which was the reason for the sudden sagging skin. A year ago this past octobwr, i had surgery to repair the problem.  Well. The skin is worse now than before. I can actually shake my thighs and arms like jello. I was told by my dr that i am going through menopause and this is just part of that phase of.my life.  Personally i think its bull. I went from looking like i was 35 to having the body of a 70 yr old.  I just finished tKing avelox for swollen glands that wouldnt go down, and today my skin is on fire.  I have taken avelox and cipro many times before and im now wondering after reading all your posts if this could be a contributing factor.  I cry myself to sleep at night as it just doesnt make sense to me how u can go from a bikini body to that of someone twice your age overnight.  I am so upset and have myself thinking that i have one foot in the grave and the dr,s are missing something. I just had a complete blood workup and all is fine. I dont know what to do or how to get past this. Finding this group has been somewhat comforting as until now i truly felt i was alone. All suggestions are welcomed as i dont plan on quitting until i get my body back.  I take b complex and creatine to help build muscle, dr also put me on other suppliments such as c0q10' magnesium and fish oil. I dont take any hormone replacements, as i gained 11 pounds in 2 weeks right before all this started while taking lo ovral. I have always looked much younger than i am but now. My face is starting to sag as well.  I went from loving the beech to never wanting to leave the house as im so embarassed. Please help,
Re:  Palm oil -- I have noticed less crepiness, but the sagging is still there :(
I am 49.5 years old and a fair redhead living in Queensland Australia.  Had my last period approx. 3 years ago and have been taking Livial (tibolone) for approx. 2 years.  Approximately eighteen months ago I noticed changes around my eyes - puffy.  Approximately 9 months ago my hands overnight became heavily wrinkled and veined and within a further 2 months my forearms started to crepe.  I feel so embarrassed and find it so unfair.  I have cared for my body and skin for the majority of my adult life.  My hands and arms look older than my 79 year old Mother's.  I have tried so many different lotions and potions and currently attempting Vitamin C orally and well as a serum and Emu Oil - which I tend to alternate with coconut oil ... simply because I have seen them mentioned on the 'net.
Does anyone recommend  galvanic spa as a possible solution for my arms and neck ???
Hello there.  I'm 60 next month, and I have found my arms slowly starting to "drip."  I spent lots of time in the sun, lost weight here and there, and in general, just didn't think too much about it.  These last 3 or 4 years have been quite depressing as far as my body goes.  I've tried all kinds of laser remedies that never worked, and basically just decided that this is as good as it gets until someone comes up with a laser that actually works, or a magic pill, which no doubt will proabably be available in a few years, so I go ahead and wear sleeveless tops, and bear it all.  I can't change what is happening, unless I start body building, but I can keep it from affecting my life, and try to accept that this is just part of the natural aging process.  Men get old too!  Think about going bald!  It's so much easier to accept it rather than stress about it.
Gosh, I really thought i was the only one feeling these horrible depressing thoughts that it is only happening to me.Today, I went to see adermatologist to ask what she would recommend, but she ended up depressing me more. I, like most of you on the forum have always tried to take care of myself, more, I feel, than some of my friends and they seem much better off than me, maybe thinking about it all day long (as I do) just brings more of the same... (law of attraction!) but, nonetheless it is so very depressing, my problem is the skin on my face.
I am so glad I found you all, not so much to commiserate, but hopefully if we all stick together and share our discoveries, we can help each other. I will, if and when I find anything for sure.Does anyone remember once on a Dr. Phil show, his wife (don´t remember her name)wrote a book on bio-identical hormones and she looks fantastic.If anyone can remember can they let me know. Also, does anyone think eating more foods with protein may help?Also, lot´s more vitamin C?
For any of you that are interested in alternative/holistic medicine, like me, you might enjoy these videos: (1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfMIYje56Y and (2) http://www.youtube.com/user/kevingianni#p/u/30/k-WJOZJZMY0.  I definitely have a thyroid  body type (see video #1) Video #2 mentions we may have an "accumulation of protenoids" which causes saggy skin. Need to look into this. I've been learning a lot about the gut and thyroid connection.  I think we need to get our gut cleaned out and get rid of toxins that have accumulated for years in our bodies. Even though you might not have any noticeable problems with your gut, almost everyone, on the standard american diet has some sort of build up of unhealthy bacteria in our intestines. I hope you enjoy the videos. Keep an open mind. You don't have to believe it all... it's just food for thought. ;-]
What you are describing sounds similar in so many ways to what happened to me after taking Cipro, and also to a number of other women (and men!: like 30 yo men who are not likely to be candidates for menopause) who have taken drugs in the fluoroquinolone family, which also includes avelox and levaquin.  If you are by any chance also experiencing insomnia, joint & muscle pain, nerve pain, sudden eye floaters, ringing in the ears, or any of 20+ other unexplained problems after being fit and healthy, there's a good possibility that you have been "floxxed"  & you should never take another one of these drugs. Please know that you are not alone: There are a number of online groups for people who have had adverse reactions to quins: please feel free to message me if you would like more info about them and the URLs.  To Robbie 61, had you by any chance been prescribed any of these drugs by a doctor or for a hospital procedure before the sudden onset of prominent veins and wrinkles in your hands?  The cause could be something else, of course, but this is part of what I experienced and so have many others after taking one or more of these drugs.  If either or both of you have found treatments that seem to be helping or resolving your issues, I would also be very interested in knowing what has worked for you.  Thank you! and I hope things are improving.
Love all your comments! I'm having the same skin issues (just started this year) so I am looking forward to hearing your solutions. Thanks for all your research!
Hello SuzeRaye (and all). I have just created a tab on my Middle Ageless blog for posts about aging arms and what can/can't be done about sagging and all the other nasties. It's right at the top with the tabs. I don't have anything staggering to report as yet but I'm on a supplement program with a complementary skincare product that might help. It's only been a month so far so I can't judge results yet. link is www.middle-ageless (dot) com
Are you thinking of Robin Mc Graw and "What's Age Got to do With It?" ?  I don't think she looks good for her age. She looks to me like she's had a lot done, but to each her own :)
Thanks! I'll try palm oil over my Skin-Minus and Resveratrol cream.
I'm new here and ended up e-mailing the person I wanted to respond to instead of sending a comment that all could read - so I'm trying again.  :o)  At the age of 67 I'm somewhat technically challenged.
I scanned several of the notes in this thread and found none that addressed the food we eat these days.  Sometimes its best to work on the inside before pouring good money into expensive products that are only bandaids for the outside.  How many of us feel an unusual, light nausea after eating at times?  Is anyone else out there broken hearted every time we hear of another young athlete dropping dead during a game?  Our nation is becoming a land of allergy plagued people.  Our food products could very likely be the cause.
I bought a "pork" loin the other day and ended up throwing it away after tasting it and noting its texture.  It had very obviously been genetically altered.  We all must surely recognize that consuming genetically and chemically altered meats, veggies, fruits and beverages is going to have an unnatural affect on our bodies. I have been aware for some time that 'free range' meats and eggs are available from farmers who are very strict about how their animals are raised, what they eat and how to keep them naturally healthy.  After the pork loin incident we will be purchasing only free range meats.  
It has also been suggested by nutritionists that we buy either organic or locally grown produce that has been grown from pure seed (unaltered).  Two examples of altered produce - people who are allergic to fish may find themselves suddenly allergic to strawberries, as a fish gene has been added to some strawberries to help them survive in colder climates; a tree gene has been added to some corn seed so that the stalk will withstand heavy winds. Pure produce growers, like their Free Range farmer counterparts, take great care in offering natural foods.  Many mom and pop grocers and Farmers Market fairs offer pure produce.  Mayfield milk products are made with much pride using extremely high standards for purity in the milk they accept for their products.  NOTE: If this is the incorrect dairy name I will post the correct one within a couple of days.  Water filters are available everywhere nowdays in order to get relatively pure water.  
It's time for people to take action to save their own bodies and those of their loved ones by insisting that grocers offer untainted foods to their customers, and the best way to do that is to search out the stores that offer natural products and to leave the mega "lower cost" stores behind.
Also, I just found a site that suggested a mixture of BioOil (CVS Pharmacy offers their own lower cost oil and it works just as well) Red Palm Oil and Coconut oil to be applied under our regular moisturizer (this mix is primarily for the body, not the face).  The site did not give how many parts of each of these to use, so I intend to do a little experimenting to get rid of my crepe paper skin.  :o)
Yes. I totally agree. The crap food that is the Standard American Diet has huge impacts on us and our digestive system which affects our ability to absorb nutrients and the production of hormones. I mentioned this in an earlier post. I just met with a new doctor who told me my hormones are out of balance and that I can "absolutely reverse my saggy skin".  We'll see what happens....
Best of luck, Amy.  Keep us posted.  :o)
Hello Amy, You actually have a dr. that said this condition can be REVERSED? How can this be done? If you have any more information, please post. I love the summer and the anxiety over not being able to wear short sleeved tops or shorts is very depressing. I will never put on another bathing suit again in my life. I have about 2-3 inches of hanging loose skin on my otherwise slim arms and it's all crepey. I wrote about all this before. I sympathize with all of those who have written of their problem with this here. Good luck to everyone.
I, too, have the chicken skin elbows and saggy interior arm skin.  I am wondering if anyone ever consulted a plastic surgeous about cutting off the excess skin on the elbow, which in turn tightens the inner arm.  It seems that it would not be too bad, except I think you may have to do one arm at a time and keep it straight to heal for a couple weeks.  Anyone have info about this??
Lioness, that cannot be done as far as I understand. You could have a brachioplasty, but that is usually to remove excess fat and skin (batwing) following weight loss.
As for the spider veins in your leg, I found the answer for that.  I was amazed this product actually worked.  Disosimin from www.lef.org.  European women take it amazing results. I took 2 per day for 90 days and al of my veins were gone. Once you start taking it though, you have to stay on it to alleviate their reappearance.

Great stuff. Membership is $75. but they have awesome and amazing products. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do re: sagging skin on arms right above crease the rest of you are discussing.  
Yes. Well, that's what he said. I've just had some blood drawn this week (hormones and a couple other things) so after the Dr. gets my results, he will provide me with a plan of action and most likely some supplements.  I've got my fingers crossed! :-)
The bulging veins in your hands are normal for well toned muscle groups. Anyone buff will have visibly increased vascular system as they get toned.  My hand veins bulge too, and have for years, when I do resistance training on a regular basis.  I have the same problem in my upper arms.  Sagging, wrinkled, worse when I bend over and gravity pulls the sagging skin. I have lost about 12 pounds in the last 3 months and I know that has a lot to do with it.  I am not working out 3 x a week recently due to a full time job, part time job and college classes 2 evenings a week. I tan on a regular basis and know that is a major contributor.  But I adamantly disagree with your doctor who says "welcome to old age" as if you must accept it as the way you must be.  Get a new doctor. My plans:
completely change my weight routine, consult a personal trainer, consult the plastic surgeon that I work with and visit my dermatologist.  The dermatologist initially always says "stay out of the sun" but then has a half dozen or so suggestions on how to make things better.  She did Lime light treatment on my face which took care of spider veins and discolorations. Cost $300.
Curious as to what he finds. I am 50 and still getting fairly regular periods but in the last year Ive notices the saggy skin on my upper arms and elbow crease and I too have taken pride in my previously toned arms.  My thighs and knees are suffering too (no more shorts during yoga as I cant stand to see the effects of gravityon my saggy knees).  I also suffer from horrendous insomnia.  Thought I had found a supplement that helped but the manufacturer went out of business.  Have to take a xanax several nights a week to be able to focus at work the next day and I HATE taking meds.  Just feeling desperate but a tad hopeful as your dr seemed responsive.  Mine just prescribes drugs and tells me I have to live with it. Thanks!
I improved my skin tone dramatically by increasing cholesterol in my diet and switching from coffee to green tea. Whole milk yogurt 3-5 times and a dozen eggs a week average. No white sugar in my diet at all, except in the Kombucha I brew myself.
Very interesting about the cholesterol. Do you get your blood cholesterol checked? I know dietary cholesterol doesn't matter too much unless you have elevated overall cholesterol or a poor HDL/ LDL ratio. Did you have the sagging/dimpled skin at the crease of the elbow or are you meaning consuming more cholesterol improved your facial/overall skin tone? (Lots of questions :)
Yes, I had my cholesterol levels checked about 3 years ago in a complete general physical I paid for out of pocket. (<$1k) They have always been so low the Dr.s think I'm a vegetarian. It was 135 or so then. That's about the time I started really doing research and came across references to the role cholesterol plays in hormone transport. I had pretty much cut out all animal fats in the search for better health. Wrong. The whole fat yogurt and as many eggs as I want seem to do the trick. Beef when I can afford it too, I try to eat some good beef once a week, plus chicken once or twice a week and pork once or twice a week. Fish I save for sushi a few times a year, what with the heavy metals and the poor state of the ocean fisheries. (I take 2400mg of fish oil a day) I eat beans, rice and/or lentils 3 times a week or more with lots of veggies.
I had that crepe looking thin skin that tore & wrinkled easily on my hands & forearms, plus my face was looking like hell. That has reversed completely. I also watch the hydration and cut way back on coffee, substituting with green tea. The days I look & feel the best I have at least 3 cups of green tea. It really is a key for me.
I think one of the biggest helps is that I quit fretting over getting old, and have learned to accept it, but not let it limit me. I  have too many older female role models around here that are still out gettin after it in the backcountry and on the rocks. Can't complain. My sex life is also fantastic, thanks to a great partner.
One thing I am not doing that I really need to get in the habit of is lifting weights. I split wood by hand, I think that counts. :)
Thank you, Julia, for such a comprehensive reply! I must admit say it has got me thinking. My cholesterol has always been very low. I eat only fish and fowl. So I'm going to up the eggs and try the full fat yogurt. I get migraines easily with yogurt so I have to be careful there. I would like to reference your observations on my blog (while keeping your name off it, of course), as I have so many people writing to me about their arms. Love the "sex life" comment :) You sound both happy and fulfilled and that in itself is a joy to read. R.x
So glad I found this site. The saggy skin has all happened drastically over the past couple of months. I am recently menopausal, just turned 54 and am active and fit. I've noticed the past several months that continue to lose weight; although now I seem to be maintaining at 116. I am 5'4 tall. I thought maybe the weight loss (from around 130 pounds in September) is what has contributed to my saggy skin issue (I mean face, arms, hands, legs and lower abs)! I am not getting much sleep these days and I drink coffee throughout the day to help me stay awake. I realize I need more water and less caffeine.
I am going to take some of the advice here, starting with more water and switching to green tea. I also need to get back to working out 5 days a week instead of the 2-3 that I'm doing now. I'm in a new relationship of about 6 months so I want to get back and keep my body looking good to him :) It worries me that I look so much older now than I did 6 months ago. Scary!!!
Recently I started taking DHEA and Pregnelone. I did feel great, nevertheles suddenly my underarms and breast looked so dried like a 70 year old lady.  I am 49.  I realized my hormones were crazy.  So I got progesterone cream and apply it to the creppy skin.  Stop taking DHEA and pregnelone for now.  The kin went back to normal.

Qkey
Are you following a vegetarian diet by any chance?  A complete amino acid profile in the diet is very important to provide the building blocks for healthy collagen & skin tissue & this can be difficult to achieve with a vegetarian diet unless you are careful.  Whey protein can be a healthy addition for diets which are low in protein.

Hossjulia, I suspect that it may be that the eggs & beef which are one of the few food groups that do contain all essential amino acids have improved this aspect of your nutrition as much as the increase in dietary cholesterol.

I am 50, perimenopausal & rely mostly on weight training for exercise these days.  There is some evidence that aerobic exercise is best kept to short bouts of interval training as longer sessions may result in increased cortisol which contributes to hormonal dysregulation.

I am happy with my arms but don't like my saggy knees.  My diet is pretty reasonable but I am going to pay more attention to the composition of my protein intake & monitor results.
What brand of progestrone are you using? Is it prescription? Also, where do you apply the cream and how often?
Hi, just found this forum because horrors, I have the saggy crepey upper arm skin and now that y'all mention it, the same on the upper thighs in front and inner thighs.   I wanted to address the mention of evening primrose oil.  I take that too, and while it hasn't helped with this issue, I found that it did help very much with a scalp condition.  I had an eczema condition on my scalp and the derm gave me a prescription which did not really help for long.  I had been trying evening primrose for skin and hair in general and had stopped because I didn't think it was working.  I read that it was good for eczema, started taking it again, 1,000 mg per day and the scalp condition cleared up.  The derm was amazed and made a note of it.  I still however, am having this rapid onset arm skin thing.  My mother has it badly but she is in her 80's.  I'm not sure how long she has had it, but the skin on the rest of her body is very good, exceptionally so.  Her arms look like they belong on someone else and she hasn't worn short sleeves in a long time. I'm too young for this!  58 is not a springy chick but I don't want to give up showing my arms for the next few decades. I'm interested in the fact that some have seen success with Gold Bond, I already have some and will try it.  But I have to say I am always moisturized, and it is not changing things much.  Not the firming creams or anything has really had much effect.  So I'll stay posted here, at least it wasn't just me.
I know the feeling.  This past summer something similar happened to me.  Out of the blue it looked like someone deflated the air out of my cheeks and my arms.  I panicked and have tried to get my skin elasticity back.  I think one of my problems was dehydration but I am normally chronically dehydrated because of a medical condition.

Hydration helps.  I also used retin A on my face but it seems my skin has thinned so much that the retin A dries it out for weeks.  I have little to no exfoliation happening as before I use to be able to rub off a great deal of dead skin every week.  Nothing happens now that I can see.  I find that hydrating creams make the lines show up even more.  I use sunscreen faithfully every day.  The loose cheeks have improved since last summer but still not what they use to be.  
I lift weights for my flabby arms and they have improved a lot but if I turn my arm in at the elbow I have that awful crepiness as well.  I think this is happening because the skin has thinned for whatever reason, lack of water or protein or collagen or hormones, if someone has answers we're waiting..  Kind of scarey if it's caused by rapid aging???
It could be weight loss as well or muscle atrophy or stress?  I was moving at the time, very stressed, wasn't eating or drinking properly so the skin could have suffered the stress.  Since then I have looked in the mirror and cried, it doesn't look like me.   I have a wedding to go to this summer, I'm so embarrassed by my looks.  I'm trying to find a dress that will hide my arms, it seems like I'll be joining the senior group.  If only I could blend in without being noticed.  
Nancy I used emerita cream.  I spread the cream on my arms and breast.  Wherever I saw the change in my skin.  I used as much as I felt would leave the skin smooth.  I did this until my period came.  The I stopped.  Trying to mimic the menstrual cycle I am waiting for about 10 days after my period is over to start using the cream again, although if I dont see the skin as before I might not use the cream again.  This is because if my body is still producing progesterone I dont want to make my body believe that I have enough progesterone and therefore cause my body to stop producing its own progesterone.  I am taking again pregnenolone.  I think that the excess of DHEA I was taking, increased the testosterone levels too high causing the creppy skin.  Still researching.  Good luck!
Oh I know only too well about the twisting motion and how it gives the arm a hideous look. The skin on my face is the complete opposite, not a wrinkle or sag or brown spot. That's what I find so weird. I take every "sophisticated" supplement known to humankind including anti-glycation benfotiamine and carnosine, Omega-3, ALA and so on, drink green smoothies all day, have used numerous therapeutic quality/strength actives in skin creams, lift weights, but it only looks worse. Oh yes, and then I've had the area lasered (one arm just gto see if there is any improvement) and I use the Anti-aging Lightstim red light therapy handheld unit. What is needed are two things: stimulation of the fibroblasts to produced more collagen/elastin, and the deposition of fat to pad out the area. (As soon as hormones wane, we lose fat there.) I'm on bio-identical hormones but, unless we get those hormones up to levels where menstruation starts up again, they do little to replenish fat in that area. Grr! My research continues...stay tuned :)
Rosina I had sagging skin on my biceps as well, TG it filled out quite nicely with the weight lifting, but I was hoping the loose panty hose look would disappear from the inner fold of my elbow. I'm working on it.  You are so lucky not to have a wrinkle or line on your face, unfortunately I suffer with pretty much the same look on my face only milder with less skin. I think the loose fold in my elbow started very slightly a couple of years ago and progressed, and this past summer my face followed.    As we age our bodies do not handle retaining the proper balance of fluids in the skin.  I have read that if one is chronically dehydrated it can take several months to restore proper balance.  Many of us will drink anything but water, some of the fluids we drink are dehydrating.  Personally I think it's probably due to loss of fat pads from loss of collagen and elastin.  I need to give Gold Bond products a chance.  

I wonder if any of the cellulite lotions and potions might help?   They're supposed to tighten up dimpled skin and although this isn't dimpled but loose it still may help to firm up the area??  Let us know if you come up with anything new.
It happened to me too!  6 months ago I started working out again.  Weights, little cardio and low and behold crepey skin on my biceps.  I was all set out to tone up and now my arms and legs are looking awful.
I was worried that I had some lurking disease. Getting depressed and looking for solutations.  I'm 63, yes I know getting up there, but this came on soooo sudden and I can't seem to make it any better. The more I work out the worse it gets.  Why so sudden Why don't men get this at the same age as women?  I have a young face, no lines or wrinkles, but my legs and arms embarress me.  Very aware. I am however glad to find this blog because I was really thinking, well this is the end.  I will look on the bright side and be thankful that my health is good.  Darn, wish I would have had some warning....;-)
I am so glad that I found this post. I, too, am small and weigh 97lbs, however, I am only 5'..so, I am proportionate; however, just in the last four months I have noticed my sagging underarms. I have always exercised, lifted weights, etc. and I am still lifting and doing everything I can. I, too, like most of the ladies do not have wrinkles on my face at all...not sure why - I don't do anything different except that I am a redhead and have stayed out of the sun my whole life- or covered up when out. I still hate the fact that my arms look so 'old'.-I did start taking fosamax about seven months ago and not sure if that has anything to do with it- I know fosamax is for osteo (which I am using to avoid getting it)-maybe this drug may have something to do with my sagging arms.  I have three sisters and we are all around the same age (50's) and none of them have it- so, I don't think it is genetic. I am going to do some research and see what I come up with and will be reading all the posts written here to see if others have ever found anything that works- other then getting plastice surgery to remove the underarm fat.
Thanks everyone - Vikijeane
After reading the comments on increased cholesterol intake improving saggy skin, I am starting to really wonder if my nearly vegetarian diet has caused the crepey arm skin that everyone is talking about here. It's starting to seem to me that this came on since I've cut out beef and pork and cheese AND eggs almost completely for the past three years! I am also menopausal and 56 though, so I assumed the saggy, crepey was just a sign of aging and estrogen loss. I have borderline high cholesterol so I had been trying hard to lower it-- now I wonder if it's going to be a tradeoff between heart health and more beautiful skin! I would like to keep my heart health, and eating lots of animal fat doesn't seem like the way to do that. BUT, I may eat more full fat yogurt and eggs now to see if it makes a difference with my skin. Oh, and I also have been eating oat bran every day for the past couple of years to lower cholesterol. And, I take a low dose thyroid supplement for a slightly low thyroid. There must be some reliable research somewhere linking medical conditions to the appearance of the skin.
Have any of you ladies lost weight?   On top of being post menopausal I have also lost a little weight.   Menopause has this shrunken effect on me.  I remember a few years back I was losing facial fat and my doctor prescribed estrogen and my face filled out again.  Unfortunately my tryglycerides and cholesterol went up so I was taken off the medication.  Shortly after large studies were done that labelled estrogen as unsafe as far as some health issues go.

I think as the body's estrogen supplies decrease, the fat pads go with it, I'm surprised that many say their faces are still okay while their arms are not?.  My face went first followed by the loose skin in the arms.  I'm also surprised that some are saying that they've been lifting weights and their skin on the arms is getting looser?.   Normally muscle is supposed to fill in the loose area??  Do you suppose that your arms could be looking worse if you hadn't been lifting weights?  I was horrified by the loose skin on mine and that is why I got back to weights in a hurry.  There is an improvement.   I read that if you do too much exercise you don't build muscle, you actually break it down, so that is something to consider.

Oh, another issue.  While the front of my biceps and elbows are filling in, I was shocked when I pinched the boney part of the back of my elbow the other day, the skin actually stuck together and stayed there for a good minute...yuck,  no sleeveless for me!
I too have always been very active, body building (competition level) aerobic instructor in my younger days, I'm now 55, still jogging & doing weights, but this sagging skin around my biceps is causing so much stress, my mum had better arms at my age & she never did sports or anything active. My face is good but from the neck down,it's out of  control. I can't wear sleevless tops or dresses in summeer & a swimming costume is out of the question, so I tried PRP (platelet rich plasma) 3 treatments & $$$$ later all for nothing. The natural HRT I''ve been on for the last 10yrs hasnt't made any difference with that or hair thinning. I thought if I put on some more weight it might help but it just goes straight to my hips & rump. So I just keep searching the web (that's how I found you guys)& trying most things with a promise (ha!) I'm glad winter's coming so I can cover up. Oh!, I take a good lot of supplements, drink loads of water, and have become an arm watcher.
When you say natural HRT, are you referring to a herbal hormone replacement              (phyto estrogens)  That in itself has no measurable effect on the skin?  

Okay gals, what kind of weight lifting are you doing?  You need to do exercies for the triceps to tighten up the jigglies from the back of the biceps.
I am so glad I found this site.  I'm not alone.  I've suffered perimenopausal symptoms for about 5 years.  About a year ago (just before turning 46) I noticed OVERNIGHT that the skin on my legs - especially the front of my thighs looked wrinkley.  I too am active and petite.  This is devastating.  I recently had an HF treatment for skin tightening and it helped.  The results were immediate, but the crepey appearance remains and the texture is bothersome.  I no longer have the softness or smoothness to the touch.  I am scheduled for another treatment next month and I'm going to ask what can be done for the texture. This is devastating and there is no way this kind of aging overnight is normal.  I really think it was caused by low progesterone.  I've started natural progesterone cream and I feel  completely different and "normal" again in respect to relief of my perimenopausal symptoms, but no reversal of the damage to my skin.  I'll check back after my next treatment.
I am so glad I am not alone in all of this.  About a year ago, I noticed the weird 'inner" elbow thing when I reached up to hug my boyfriend, it actually scared me, I thought "what was that???" But it was just an itty-bitty bit of skin on both inner elbows. I thought..no biggie...

And now it's just all-over sagging, drooping, crepeyness all round!  I am 55, have always been a bit overweight all my life at 5'2" weighing between 130-140; but several months ago lost 15 lbs and am staying at around 115. Which, of course, everyone "congratulates" me on! HA! If they only knew what was under the clothes!  AND last night I made the mistake of doing the full-lenght/hand mirror thing so I could see what my boyfriend is seeing as I "walk away"..ahem.  MISTAKE!  It seriously looks like I have a larger "suit of skin" on my body and am 'wrinkling' at the arms, thighs, butt, tummy. And don't even get me started about my boobs.  What used to be pretty nice breasts have turned into these pitiful little "empty bags" which ALSO have wrinkly, crepey skin on them!  I asked my doctor about my arms and she said "just lift weights and that''ll disappear".  I don't think so!   I too join all you ladies in thinking I am 55 and my body looks 70 PLUS.  I haven't had a period in 2 years, BUT have always looked "filled out"..up until about 3 months ago when I both started a job where I sit in front of a computer all day AND went through some major, major stress in my life.  After that, everything seemed to happen overnight.  Sags and Bags everywhere. I do NOT know what I am going to do this summer, as where I live it gets very hot and humid.  My arms are just awful, and it seems from reading the posts that lifting weights just ain't gonna make anything better.  I'm going to read over the posts again and start to glean information about how to fight back!    It's just nice to know that there are other women out there that actually have this problem , although I'm not wishing it on anyone.. just good to know that I am not alone.  Thanks for listening.  I hope to post more here in the future.  You ladies are great!  
Biwa I've done  some research on this subject since I went through something similar.  Based on the onset of stress you recently went through, wht could have happened to you was an overproduction of steroids from your adrenals.  First, try to sleep well.  If you can check with an endocrinologist to check on your adrenals.  Try to relax and good luck!

Qkey