Menopause Community
Sudden onset of skin wrinkling and sagging in arms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Hi all. New to this. I am a 44 year old woman who is physically fit (gym 5 days a week) and eats pretty well.

Approx 5 weeks ago I developed veins showing on both hands. They have not gone away and infact they are bulging most times, and I can "feel them". They have increased and I can see some starting to climb up my forearm now. Before this, my veins barely ever showed.

Approx 2 weeks ago, I developed wrinkling (crepe paper look) on my forearms (near connection of elbow) and on my upper arms. My arms have gone from 44 years old to looking like those of a 60 year old woman.

Approx 5 days ago my skin started sagging and I have now developed that "flap" by my triceps. My arms have always been my pride and joy..I work so hard at them, and they have been so tone,..now they look flabby and sagging with wrinkles.
I am in a panic. Have a doctors appointment for Friday.

Yes, I am fair, Yes, I have been sunburnt many times over the years. My mother had wrinkles also, but to have this come on so very sudden, I don't know what to think.

As far as periomenopause, it sounds like this shouldn't happen so suddenly and usually the elasticity is after menopause. I don't have any symptoms yet, except for my period being early once in a while.

I am 44 years old, and have gone, in 2 weeks, from having 44 year old skin to skin of a 60 year old. Could someone please help? I'm very distressed.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
You're right in saying that these changes shouldn't be quite so sudden and that tells me that it's not likely to be due to menopausal changes as much as possibly something else going on.  

I'm wondering if perhaps, you may be chronically dehydrated in recent weeks?  Since water makes up a good portion of our body and fills out our skin, I'm wondering if this why your skin has suddenly become so drawn?  

Try keeping yourself very well hydrated (not overly as that can create some really bad problems in and of itself...perhaps, 8 oz per hour for a bit).  Perhaps, something with electolytes in it like a sports drink (NO cafeine).  Gatoraide or one of those might work.  Don't overdo those either.  One or two per day and lots of water.

Please keep us updated as to how you are doing.  
Thank you, nice to have someone acknowledge my post.......it has been the hottest summer on record...and I have definitely suffered sun damage over the years but to have this sagging come on so suddenly! I've been to the doctor and she has basically said "welcome to old age". I lost 25lbs over 6 years ago and toned my arms up completely as I go to the gym faithfully. Why is this happening?? My arms under my biceps have dropped dramatically, to the point where I am covering up my arms. My veins bulge all the time....I'm panicked...my skin is so loose. I just want to curl up in bed and cry and cry.
Hi - Even though I'm a little older than you and am in menopause, I had very similar issues with my skin and muscles, seemingly overnight.  I have yet to find a definite answer, though I have had my hormones tested and discovered all of my hormones are out of balance.  I'm in the process of trying bioidentical hormone replacement to see if that helps.  Hope you find some answers.
I hope I do too. I just noticed tonight that my upper thigh area is starting now.  I need to cope with this, and I am not doing a great job at the moment. I lay in bed and cry. :(
I'm so sorry that you're suffering so.  I know that "out of control of the body" feeling, and it *****!  I hope you have people in your life that you can talk to, because support from loved ones can go a long ways.
I know the feeling. I am 51 and have recently lost about 25 pounds, but have consisently exercised and taken buku supplements. I have noticed my tricep skin puckering at different angles as well as my thighs. You feel like "this is the thanks I get for watching my weight and taking so many supplements that my stomach is screaming!" Forgive me, but at least on a forum, I can be a "crybaby" rather than put up the good front that I do throughout my real day. I have a doctor's appointment today to discuss this as well as mood swings, hot flashes, zero libido and any other symptom one can think of that is associated with menopause. I don't want to think that I must start covering up my arms and legs like the "sterotypical older woman". I hate to think of surgery as the only alternative, as in the past I considered this option as vanity. I guess it's vanity when it's everyone else! LOL
Hi Jnine...  I, too am 44 yrs old and have had the EXACT same issues you're sharing about with sudden sagging and crepey skin in arms, then starting in uppper thighs.  I, too have been physically fit with a very active job, so lack of activity cannot be the culprit. I wanted desparately to share that it's happening identically to me to let you know you're not alone... but other than the fact that we're the same exact age, I've just started investigating what we're dealing with. I have heard DMAE supplements are helpful, as well as MSM and vitamin E. I'm ordering them now. Have you had any developments since your posts here?  Please let me know. The "curl up and cry feeling" IS huge and overwhelming isn't it? .  (((BIG HUGS)))  B
I am very sorry to hear about your unhappy experience—I have been dealing with similar vein and skin issues.

I would like to know whether In the weeks, months, or even a year or so before this happened had you been prescribed one or more of these antibiotics— Cipro, Levaquin, or Avelox?
Just discovered this thread as exactly the same is now happening to me. I'm very depressed about it as I've always been slim,fit and had enviable arms. I've now moved to a hot climate where long sleeves are out of the question. My face looks young but now the granny arms are getting worse - don't even get me started about additional sagging and ugly elbow skin.
Is any of this reversible,do any supplements or hormones help? Notice his thread is old, did things deteriorate further or did anyone find any solutions - help please.
Ughhh dont get me started on Levoquin or Avelox and Cipro. Dreadful Antibiotics and they should be taken off the market.. I only took one  Avelox and experienced some alarming side effects.levoquin was a littel easier but after 5 days i could hardly get out of bed because i hurt so much and the nightmares where just alarming.Ok nothing to do with Menopause i know..sorry..I,m also going through Meno and my skin has gotten very dry and kinda saggy... Miserable isnt it.
I know, menopause is not fun...but it is a natural progression.  I think of the pains as growing older pains, much like growing pains when we were kids.  It will pass as our growing pains did.  Then we will be feeling great...it just takes some time to get here.  We are in the 3rd stage of our lives and we have to go through crap to get there.  I, too, cannot WAIT for it to be over.  But, I'm trying my best to put a positive and humorous spin on it...or else I may have to bite someone's head off!
Sorry for making light, it's the way I can get through the body aches, mood swings, etc.  However, I have been on Menersa for about 5 or 6 months now and it has made a DRAMATIC difference in how I feel.  It is all natural and that, for me, is a good thing.

Best to everyone,
Kesta
BTW...my skin is doing the same thing.  Yuck!  I'm going to try Gold Bond's cream.  They have something for, what sounds like, that kind of thing.  I know that hydration and using lotion everyday seems to help some.  I am trying to make friends with my older self...it's the only way I'll ever be happy!  It's not easy. :)
OMG I just had the same thing happen! I was unhappy, lost weight but now am ok, just a few pounds under still and thin BUT whoa, what is up w/ the sagging skin by the elbows?? I HATE IT. Seems like it happened overnight!!  I am 49. Used to work out a ton but stopped so it is good to hear that it happens to those that still work out. It has to be hormonal? UGH UGH UGH. Loose skin even though I have always had thin arms. Is it lack of estrogen? Will hormone replacement drugs make  it tighten up?  Please post if you find out!
I don't have a solution for sagging skin, but I did try the Gold Bond lotion and it works wonders!  The crepe-like skin is nearly gone!  Hydration was what my skin needed.  I've also been using it on my chest area and it is working great.
If I come across something for the loose skin I will certainly share.
Good luck ladies. :)
OMG!!  46, will be 47 in June.  Can't even tell you how everything seems to be failing, wrinkling, etc. & yes, it seems like it happened overnight.  Perimenopausal as well.  Had complete check up recently & no major health issues. However, my gyno has me hrt's(which I REALLY want to get off of).  Added into the mix of all the skin issues mentioned, I am losing my hair like CRAZY.  Anyone else having hair loss issues?  Thought it might be a thyroid thing, but had full work-up done on thyroid & apparently it is functioning normally.  
Yes! All of this - and glad to hear about the Gold Bond, which is an ancient product someone gave me while I was in the hospital and I couldn't believe how great it worked and smelled great!  I've just recently noticed the elbow thing and am FREAKED OUT! I do believe it's related to hormones but could also be illness and weight loss... But the good news is that I do find that my hands really respond when I moisturize and - a big help - use gloves when I wash dishes.

The other thing is I recently lost a bunch of weight too, and that's when I noticed the skin on my elbows. I think at least some of the problem is from the weight loss, which makes some sense. I figure if I exercise my arms, it'll "pick up" some of the slack, so to speak!

As far as cipro and levaquin - have you been really sick lately? These antibiotics are often given for heavyduty infections. So maybe your issues will resolve when your body regains balance?
RE: Cipro & Levaquin:

No, I was given a heavy-duty dose as a prophylactic against a possible infection and was in excellent health, which is no longer the case since I got hit with systemic damage from these meds. I started noticing what had always been relatively oily skin drying out — permanently — within two weeks  of finishing the drug and within a year I had gone from having very youthful skin to extremely dry, loose skin everywhere: face, neck, elbows, hands, knees, eyelids, you name it. Awful. Vein and joint damage too.  I remain interested in knowing whether anyone else reporting skin problems here was prescribed a quinolone within the year or so before they surfaced.  These drugs attack collagen, elastin, and apparently send free radical formation into overdrive, all of which contribute to aging. These effects are all documented; wish I'd known, not to mention my doctor, before I took the meds.
Ladies, I empathize with all of you completely. I am a post-menopausal 60 yr old who, I am told by everyone I know & many I don't, that I look 45 - which is great to hear, but when the summer clothes come out I could just cry (and do). Weigh 112, but my butt, thighs and upper arms are a disaster. The saggy skin, dry wrinkly skin, bumpy skin....where did it all come from? I'm actually embarrassed to show myself naked in front of my husband of 29 years, who assures me I'm still gorgeous - until I see his eyes sneak to my upper arms or thighs and quickly away. I'm due back to my naturopath to have another hormone balance test - but am stopping at the drug store this evening to get some Gold Bond - have heard it does help a lot and all these lotions I spend a fortune on don't seem to help much. I do know that hydration is extremely important - evening primrose oil taken in capsule form (be careful of too much tho; can cause diarrhea) can help somewhat. I refuse to accept this as part of the aging - I've had fantastic skin, legs, arms all my life so this is really really hard to take. Guess it's a fight that will continue to the end of our days!!! I say, accept who you are but by god, if you're not happy with how you look, keep active, eat organic, drink lots of water (I'm working on the no caffeine) and above all, a positive outlook is huge! I still go sleeveless and it's not easy but I refuse to do the "mature woman" look. The thighs are another story....
hi ladies,
anyone have issues with excessive hair loss during all this???  losing it like crazy & no drs. can figure out why!!  HELP!!!
Stress will cause hair loss.  A friend tried the supplement "Biotin" and it worked for her.  Although, she did complain that 'all her body' hair grew. LOL
I have the same problem and just recently I had the Afirm Laser procedure done on my neck and my arms from hand to shoulder completely.  After that I had a peel done on them.  I notice a HUGE difference.  The Affirm laser tightened and the peel did even more.  It cost $450. for the laser and then $100. for the peel so it was not cheap but I feel much more comfortable showing my arms now.   I was told that the tightening of the skin will continue over the next few months.
Regarding the hair loss, when I started going through menopause at age 47 I would find a hair ball in the shower.  Lasted for a while and then stopped.  I've read that hair loss can be attributed to a lack of estrogen. So not sure if you're at that age or not.  Hair loss is also a symptom that some people with lupus deal with.  I've had some estrogen issues just recently and have noticed my skin is a lot drier than usual, probably a result of the lowering estrogen.
For tightening skin a bit, I suggest Nourish Skin Tight.  It has helped my arms (esp by the crease when you bend your elbow) and my knees!   I began using it 5 years ago, and to me it has made a world of difference.  It USE to work better,however, when it had more DMAE (which is a skin tightener), but I am still pretty happy with the results, as my skin does NOT sag when I lean over in bed to put my arms around the chest of my 41 year old man (and I am 58!) ;-)  
I also want to add that it doesn't work for everyone, but for me most definitely.  However, I do use it 3 times a day! AND I also want to mention that after 2 weeks, I had noticed a difference.  I really cannot live without it and when I went to Europe for 6 months, I took 8 bottles!!!! :-)
I came across this thread yesterday and just had to post. Me: 58-years old, great shape, perfect, unlined facial skin. Avid researcher into skin aging, and medical journalist. About six years ago, I noticed nasty little puckers and crepiness in the crook of my elbow. About six months ago, the skin under my underarm (on the inner side of my arm) started to look saggy.

I have an antiaging blog and have used this to document everything logical to be done about this since many of my readers are experiencing the same. My current regimen consists of taking bio-identical hormones, various health supplements including carnosine, proline and benfotiamine (which prevent and to a certian degree reverse glycation - the primary cause of elastin and collagen breakdown/crosslinking) fish collagen and ALA.  I also add proline and carnosine to my skin creams (DMAE is not demonstrably effetive in helping skin that has loosened due to meno), as well as use a product purchased from a small supplier, that is aptly named Let's Make Collagen. I dry brush my arms daily and use a red LED device which is supposed to increase collagen and elastin production. I use arm wraps at night (elasticated bands). I go to the gym a lot and weigh 123 pounds at 5' 8".  I had one laser treatment but it was a freebie and did nothing (SmartXide Dot laser)

I've done all this for well over a year and NOTHING has improved. I look like a 40-year-old with an 80-year-old's arms.  I live in Canada, so have more opportunity to cover my arms than someone living in Florida and cover them I do. I am embarrassed by them. I feel shocked when I look in the mirror. So ladies, I empathize fully. If I find a solution, I will post for you all. It seems so unfair when I (and you) have worked out so darned hard to stay in shape and it still happens... R x
I am so pleased to hear that Im not the only one who is so depressed at having to hide my arms due to sagging skin...this has happened in the space of six months and im 56 years old! My breasts are also going south fast and inner thighs sagging to my knees. My hair is now about hald the volume of one year ago...my hair, arms and especially legs were my biggest assets but now I havte them. I am taking collagen supplements, having treatment from a trichologist, taking chinese herbs and nothing is improving. I have had four painful sessions on the Accent machine for my arms which didnt work.
So sorry I can't be any help but good to know that Im not alone! I am also on HRT and comingg off this soon so no doubt my skin will then hit the floor!
Hi Sage and all,
This is just scary! I don't have the thigh sag (yet) so I guess I have that joy to come. Sage, I have been on minoxidil since I was 21 as my family has female pattern baldness. I have a full head of hair which grew THICKER after meno. I know that estradiol in the Pill made my hair fall, so it doesn't surprise me that it became thicker (although still fine in diameter). Recently, I thought I would try to go without daily use of minoxidil (as I did when I was pregnant and also once after that). Big mistake. After four months, it started falling like crazy as the hair went into the telophase. Coincidentally, a supplier sent me a hair product called Anastim for an article I was writing. I started to use it and my hair stopped falling within a couple of weeks. I was also back on minoxidil, but usually it takes a couple of months before the falling stops. The product contains the usual suspects such as saw palmetto, but also a growth factor that purportedly stimulated the anagen (growth) phase.  Now, I'm not saying this product made my hair grow back. It may just be that it decided for itself to stop falling faster than with the previous two occasions that I've stopped using the minox. Who knows?  Perhaps it is worth a try along with minoxidil?  I order my minox from eBay. I get the 5% Kirkland one.
Sage, would you consider bHRT?
I will be 50 in a couple of days and I also have the ugly creepy wrinkled skin on my inner arms where the elbow bends. It is so disgusting!!!  I am thin, 5 ft 99 lbs, workout with weights on a regular basis and still have sagging wrinkled skin on my arms. I don't have it on my inner thighs but I am sure that will be next. I thought about titan or another skin tightening procedure. I order some nourish skin tight lotion. I will let everyone know if it helps at all.
Hi Nancy, Join the crowd. It seems to be us slimmer gals who are experiencing this "nastiness" first at the crook of the arm and then as sagging in the inner arm area. The cream that has been mentioned here has no scientific merit in terms of fighting this sagging. The primary cause is depletion of elastin and to reverse this to any degree, one must stimulate the fibrobast cells that manufacture collagen and elastin and also attempt to reverse the primary cause of it - glycation. So far, the only ingredients that can address this are carnosine and proline (the former of which is in a few skin creams. I won't name them here as this is considered advertising but you can PM me as I neither advertise nor sell anything). The tropoelastin (young, fresh elastin) that some skin creams contain hasn't been at all successful either in adding elasticity to the skin. Estrogen also plays a role in keeping the collagen and elastin matrix together so bHRT might help AT THE EARLY STAGES.   Unfortunately, the issues causing the sagging are a little too deep for skin creams to address, and DMAE really is not that effective.

Thermage, Titan and Affirm don't have a very high success/satisfaction rate however the occasional person is very happy with the procedure. I'm not prepared to take the risk of losing $ on something that doesn't work.  

I have found some interesting clothing that disguises the problem in summer without looking like it's trying to! You can PM me about that too if you like.  

Finally, Happy 50th Nancy! I'm sure you are still gorgeous.
Hello thanks for the information. I am new to this board and I do not know how to send a PM.
Hello N...you just click on my name in blue and you will be taken to a page where there is a box on the right hand side and a notation above it to "send a message" or "add as friend."   So just click on "send a message" and type away :)
I have this also , just this yr ...im thin 110 pds ,,menopause & its ugly .. my dr said it was sun damage  , to say the least , I don't believe him lol  alot of us are dehydrated but if you can pee my other dr said thats not the problem ..next stop dermatologist  ..I will get rid of this ..& hope you do also ..my skin is also very dry this year ,,but the arms I know just what you mean ..good luck !!  im on prometrium & estradiol.. was on before didnt do nothing ,,my skin seems to be a little better ..the dryness
I feel so much better knowing other women have this upper arm problem. I am 60 and am at the stage that I cover my arms whenever possible even in the gym which will be a problem in summer.I also have a similar problem with my thighs. I have recently lost quite a bit of weight which has accentuated the problem. I never seem to see other women with this problem even women much older than me. I am so angry that I have to change the way I dress as I am so embarrassed to be seen like this. I am encouraged to read all the ideas and will start to try a few. Surgery is not an option as I believe the scars are pretty horrendous.
This is all so very discouraging. I have just had my 49th birthday and over the past year have noticed a considerate deterioration of the elasticity in my skin as well. Very much so on my face, arms and legs and a little in my lower abdominal area. I, too, am physically fit and with a good figure, I have worked out my entire life and have always been happy with the ability to control my weight and maintain a bikini ready body. I am now questioning whether showing any part of my body is proper as I too feel I'm beginning to look like an old woman. Along with all of this is the uncontrollable mood swings which make ME even question who I am. There has got to be something that can balance this horrible time in life, we are in the age of incredible medical technology and I am determined to find at least some sort of solution! When I find the fountain of youth or at least some slow down to this problem I will share!!!
Great post, and yes it does appear to come on quickly.  I am 43, and still having my cycle.  I look my best when I ovulate, which tells me that some type of natural hormone replacement would be beneficial.  I have also notice that drinking lots of water does help.  

I think I still look pretty good, surely aint the same woman I use to be, but not too bad.  I think the hardest thing for me is that for my whole life I was too skinny, now the last 5 years been battling that belly bulge...  (Hey if I could just put that weight on my face...lol)...

Then there are so many products, havent been using anything for a while now.  Just got tired of spending the money for no results...

The only thing thus far that help at all is what I have been doing for my hair.  I have really fine hair, that use to be just always shiny and straight...  Lately it have been just thin, stringy and just dead looking..  I havent gone grey yet ( a few strands...), so I decided no more dying the hair.  Still look ah...  Recently I got a free sample of Nexus Shampoo and Condition.  OMG, I fell in love w/my hair again.  Yes, it is expensive, but I love the way my hair feels...

Now if anyone has any suggestions for the turkey neck and the crows feet, and oh yea, here's the kicker...  Now I have wrinkles and acne, you got to be kidding me... LOL  this is worse than pubrity (ah did I mention brain fog - but that's a whole nother story...)...

I am just 59 and suddenly, about 2 weeks after ending my Cipro and Flagyl courses (fun!) developed exactly the symptoms everyone is describing. I had an infected puncture wound that wasn't healing and had to go on both drugs. I did not know of the Cipro/collagen/elastin connection!
Regarding hair loss over the past 5 years or so I had developed a bald patch at the hairline with increasing  thinning all the way around the face. All tests were negative but last month the dermatologist diagnosed Female Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia, only discovered in 1994 but now not uncommon in menopausal women. Sadly it's supposedly irreversible and he said not even Minoxidil/Rogaine  would cause anything to grow through the scar tissue because the hair follicles there are dead. However a cosmetic dermatologist I saw for other issues said just use the 5% Rogaine as directed twice a day) and incredibly I now have hair growing in those areas. Hope this helps and gives hope to others. I hate applying it but now moisten a cotton ball and apply with that so it doesn't drip and cause hair to grow in unwanted areas.
Hi ladies,

I am a 44 year old male. My thyroid went haywire about 4 years ago and I gained about 50 lbs. Once I got the thyroid problem under control with pretty high doses of Synthroid, the weight started to come off. However, the skin was indeed sagging and stretch marks appeared ... Exercise helped a little with the sagging. Nevertheless, in a panic, I started reading the rejuvenation litterature ... As a result, I began a regimen of Vit. B12 injections and testosterone. I also take Collagen tablets, Vit. E and various other supplements. The sagging has improved and I suspect much of it was corrected with the testosterone shots. I typically do a 3 month cycle and then stop to prevent scrotal shrinkage and I have not noticed additional pilosity. And the days following the test shot, I feel great, like on a youthful high. In any case, perhaps a testosterone regimen may help ...  I know it is also available in a gel medium for cutaneous absorption. In any case, the stuff is cheap and perhaps a sympathetic family doctor would agree to give a try ...

Finally, I was told the best rejuvenation therapy involves 1 or 2 IUs of synthetic growth hormone injected with a fine insuline-type needle into the thigh area. This therapy is quite expensive but it appears to rejuvenate the body rather effectively. I'm planning to try it next year if I could find an affordable source ...

Best of luck,
Marc  

Hi Marc, I've posted a lot about supplements for sagging on my blog. I am using several including ALA, proline, carnosine, B12, collagen, ceramides and fish collagen protein that has been shown to make it through the digestive tract and into the bloodstream to the cells. I take a lot of things to arrest hair loss as well and my hair is thicker since the Big M.

The HGH is very expensive. I just started with a HGH stimulating secretagogue supplement. The jury's still out on this one though with a lot of people saying it works and others saying it's complete nonsense. It is supposed to thicken the skin as well as increase lean body mass.

I'm so glad you posted as it is good to hear a guy's side of things.

Regrettably, we girls cannot benefit from the same dosage of testosterone as you are having as we would develop masculine characteristics and our hair would likely fall too.
Oh so discouraged.  I am about to turn 54 and my body looks 74.  Wrinkles, sags, crinkles.  You name it.  I've got it.  And all of this has developed over the past 4 months.  I have been active and in shape my whole life.  I don't even want to think of how I will look in another 2 years or 5 years.  Could my skin get any looser?   I think that perhaps surgical lifts are about the only thing that will really help.  Does anyone have an explanation for the sudden onset???
Ravenshire, it is scary, isn't it? I have spoken to probably 100 women about this issue and it seems to affect slim women who, like you, have been in shape all their lives more than those who have an additional layer of fat. I am 58. My sisters are all in their 70s. My arms are way worse than theirs. The only difference between us is weight. They are all significantly heavier in terms of fat mass.  The cause of this appears to be primarily hormonal. I know I first noticed the dimpled, cellulitey appearance above the inner elbow when I was 52. This past year has added a wrinkled and sagging appearance all down the inner arm.  Curiously, my facial skin and skin tone looks like that of someone in her early 30s. The elasticity in my face is still there but my arms can be pinched and stay pinched due to breakdown of elastin fibres.  As I see it, there are two things happening: loss of subcutaneous fat (associated with menopause) and loss of elasticity associated with the aging process and particularly glycation.  It's frustrating as all h*ll.
Wow, Rosina...my face also is pretty much wrinkle free.  Aside from a few tiny tiny fine lines.  I'm thinking that will be the next thing to show age but maybe not.  I am surely frustrated but will continue to work out and maintain a low body weight.  At least I still look pretty darn good in clothed;)
Hi Raven,

I fully agree with looking pretty darned good in clothes... :)
Im experience the exact same things as you. Im 40 years old. My skin suddenly got very dry, wrinkled (granmother wrinkes) on my arm both upper and underarms.
Im also loosing my hair and it all came suddenly about 14 days ago.
Im been testet and teastet by the doctors, but im perfectly healthy if you can put it that way.
A few years ago i was in an accedent where i destroied my hip. It was very very stressful as i lost my job and all.
3month ago i broke up with my boyfriend and he moved out. Bla bla bla, but all this coust stress and hormon differences.
The docters say i suffer from servere stress and they say it normal that your hair fall out 2-3 month after the "thing" that coust the stress.
I hanvt read all treads, but only a few, but you could think if it can be stress you are suffering of.
The doctes said that i should take B vitamin complex, silica.
Its been a BIT better in the last couple of days with my skin, so fingers crost.
Im sorry for my bad english, but im from Norway.

Hi J from Norway... no problem understanding your English. Yes, it is true that hair will fall three or four months after the stressful incident. I am so sorry to hear of the bad things that you have experienced. It certainly sounds very stressful. Keep up with the B vitamins and the silica. Your hair is not thinning in general so minoxidil isn't necessary. It will grow back.  The dry skin is likely due to hormone depletion as your doctor suggests. Using Bio Oil right after your shower or bath may help as it holds moisture in well.  I hope you take some time to breathe deeply and look after yourself...
So glad I stumbled onto this forum.  If nothing else it will be therapeutic to discuss these issues with you all.  Depression is starting to set in over these issues and I can't help but think there has got to be some way to fight back and regain some confidence and acceptance that age will happen but we don't need to sit back and go down without a fight.  I am 57 and will confess that I have not taken very good care of myself.  But that is going to change, starting now.  I have purchased every product out there that offers any hope for crepey skin, wrinkles, anti-aging of any sort.  While some products may work for some individuals, I haven't found anything that works with regularity.  I guess the nice smell sometimes makes me feel like it is helping - ha!  I guess aromatherapy is good too!  I know this may sound silly, but would anyone want to start a coalition of sorts?  My thought was to join forces, weed out the bad products and report back to the group.  The cost to purchase all these items and try them can be an exhorbitant blow to the budget and in these economic times it would help to join forces.  If nothing else, being a part of a group might help so that none of us feels alone.  Maybe we could each pick a product or a process and try it for a month.  Keep track of any changes, expenses etc and let everyone here know what works and what doesn't.  I am so sick of being advertised to with products that sound good and don't work.  Anyone else?  Maybe we could start a blog.  I am willing to research if anyone is willing to join.  Thoughts please?  I don't normally do anything like this...because quite honestly the internet can be a scarey place, but I hate aging more :)
OK, call me crazy.  I was in a very crowded, hot city recently where I found myself more interested in arms than anything else.  I spent hours comparing my arms to everyone else and concluded that 99 % of women my age and even much older, have unwrinkled, unpuckered and uncrepey arm skin.  Incidentally, those overweight women may have fat arms but at least the skin is younger looking.  So what is there left to do?  Karen...I'm with you all the way.  Email?

I'll be watching this thread for new developments. ;)
And I am definitely willing to join any informal (or even formal) research that might take place. I've been researching youth-preserving topics for a very long time and have considerable experience with many products (notably DIY concoctions, which for me work better than the most expensive creams and such).

BTW, has anyone here tried unrefined palm oil (for topical application)?
I've only neen using it for a few days now, but it really is a very good moisturiser.

Here's one thing, however, that I *know* for a fact helps preserving a young(ish) appearance: refusal to accept ANY symptom of whatever is causing these nasty manifestations of "cronehood" as definitive, irreversible. That is BS!
And I am speaking from actual experience, not (just) out of some philosophy. NOTHING is irreversible if you refuse to accept it as such.

More on some other occasion... perhaps. ;)

Good luck to all!

Karen, I am very interested in joining a forum.

Ravenshire, I do the exact same thing, check out arms. And like you, have noticed that hardly anyone my age and much older have wrinkled arms like I do!!!  They have tons more wrinkles on their face and neck than I do but they have nice smooth plumb arms!!  I don't get it.

Azurea, where do you purchase the palm oil? And does it clog your pores? Do you use it on your arms?
Karen your idea regarding sharing our experinces about skincare products sounds great!  Im so sick of spending bucketloads of money on products only to discover that im stuck with yet another empty promise.  Facing the prospect of ageing (aging) is really frightening.  I've got all the signs of ageing (aging) but if there's anyway that I can halt this process I'll do it, apart from going under the knife.  Mind you if i could afford it i wouldnt mind a nip and tuck here and there.

I can relate to all the issues everyone here is going through.  The premature ageing (aging), the hair loss.....my confidence is totally shot!

Now Ive noticed that my body is heading south....everything is sagging, with loss of tone and elasticity. I used to pride myself in having a slim body and being able to wear nice clothes, but thats a thing of the past as none of my clothes fit.  My waist is a thing of the past as Ive developed that middle aged spread..  My thighs, legs, tummy look as though they've suffered major "hail-storm" damage.  And now i've discovered that i have extra rolls of flesh/fat around my midriff.  Not only does it looking revolting but it feels uncomfortable. What happened to my body, I dont recognise the person i see in the mirror anymore....

Of course going thru early menopause at the age of 41 didnt help.  I was diagnosed back in Oct 03  Im 48 now, but look and feel at least 10 years older than i am.

I know it feels crazy having one's body change so much.  All we can do is accept that we are aging, take care of our skin and bodies and realize that we had our youth and now we have the other half of our life, our aging part.  I choose to enjoy it and TRY not to worry about my skin (that is a tall order for me!) because I don't want to waste a minute of my life.  I want to enjoy all that I have and all that I am for the rest of my life.  It's a totally different mind set and not an easy one, but I believe I'm getting there.  Ahhh...it is so much calmer in my mind when I am there and I can enjoy myself so much more.  Maybe that is why I love camping...very few mirrors and it is all about the experience of being one with all that is around us.  Sorry for the soft tone.
I would support you on a forum, blog, whatever.  I have often thought a blog for women 40, 50, 60ish who are maximizing their god-given physical, mental, and spiritual gifts would be a worthwhile endeavor.  I would be interested in participating.  

I am 55, soon to be 56.  I noticed an incredible weight gain when I worked for a year and a half from 53-55.  Then I stopped working earlier this year, did the low-carb thing for four months and started working out again.  Lo and behold, my figure came back!  I would trade being slender any day of the week for somewhat crepy skin.  But that is our nemesis.  

I don't have money to spend on beauty products, nor on many supplements.  So my routine is so basic it's ridiculous.  I use simply coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil (organic).  I lather it all over my arms, legs and face, and off I go for a run.  By the time I've finished, it's absorbed and my skin is fairly dewy with sweat and moisture.  I don't shower afterward either, because I want to keep my skin looking  that way.  

I don't look at my wrinkly elbows, so they don't bother me much, but they're there.  My legs are in great shape.  I can still wear hot pants and show off a great set of gams, though I'd never dare to in public.  The arms have slimmed down nicely, though I question whether I'll ever completely get rid of that underarm sag.  My niggly little thing is the loose skin above the knees when you walk.  If you step briskly, it sort of shakes a little.  Man, I'd love to know how to get rid of that!

Oh, there's so many little things about aging that could drive me crazy if I let them, but I do try to accept it, albeit with a good fight to keep what I've got as solid as possible -- and healthy!
I love your attitude!!  

When we were kids we had growing pains and now we have growing older pains (I'm 56).  Yes, I sag in spots and I jiggle in others, but it's my body and it's served me well.  The best I can do is love it and take care of it - and most of all appreciate it.  

Be well.
I have always been in good shape; exercise regularly, etc. I am now 56 and recently lost 4 lbs...(which on me is huge)..I notice it in my butt (saggy) and especially depressing the leg area right above the knee (wrinkly) I live in Hawaii and although I wear knee length shorts and dresses which cover it up, occasionally I like to go to the beach and go for a swim and I am embarrassed.....I so much would rather have extra pounds then be where I am at!!  I know that gaining some weight will help fill out my legs again, but you don't know how hard it is for me to gain a pound, let alone back the 4lbs i lost!! Help!!!
Just wanted to mention that I have had such a blog as referenced a few up, for over 18 months. I'm a med journalist by profession (and obsessive anti-ager). The blog aims to dispel all the hype and nonsense out there and identify treatments for sagging/wrinkling/hair loss, etc. that actually work.  The blog is Middle Ageless and if you google that you should find it.  The Ageless Beauty tab has many topics of interest to do with crepiness etc.  There is also a list of the most popular posts down the right-hand side. Cheers!
Ladies, we can fight like heck to stay young; we can exfoliate, exercise, cream until we slip out of bed, spend tons of money on products that promise the moon, and despair when we can't reverse time. I'm 67 and arrived at this site because I'm concerned about the wrinkling of skin under my forearms.  I'm so glad I found it because most comments show me that I'm blessed by the joy of seeing my much-loved grandmother in my mirror, not distressed by it.
Bravo!  We change.  When we accept we enjoy.  It's not an easy thing to change, but this is an exciting time in our life and I, for one, am going to try to enjoy and accept.
Wow ladies!! I understand what you're going through and SADLY I'm only TWENTY-EIGHT!!!  This is soooo sad... I shouldn't be relating to you all now at my age. :(

I'm not joking... in the past two years.. I've slowly developed it all... the slightly crepey skin and wrinkles inside the elbow crease, all the loose bunched up crepey skin on the outside of the elbow, skin has totally thinned on my hands- veins stick out (same with my feet), my feet has such loose crepey skin and are so wrinkled I can pull the skin on them pretty good, I have jowls, wrinkles under my eyes, getting wrinkles between the nose, three lines/wrinkles on forehead, lips are lined/ lost volume, boobs dropped and shrank, I get those neck things when I smile, butt dropped and lost firmness, bat wings, wrinkled knees! I am not over-exaggerating.

It all started about two years ago when I didn't sleep for about 8 days. During those days, (it was a few months after I had a baby), I had a nine day period! Ever since I've been getting bad sleep- sleep study showed mostly only broken up light sleep (no deep beauty sleep) and a few hours a night. I would also periodically go another day or so without any sleep. And then I went another ten days w/o any! About a month into this crazy insomnia, my period got light and started coming every two weeks. I also definitely started getting hot flashes and many other symptoms of perimenopause. My insomnia gave me very high cortisol levels which I've heard can cause early menopause. I'm wondering if that is what this is or its my thyroid?

For about the first year, I just noticed a few wrinkles and age spots on my face, wrinkled hands and feet, slightest facial sagging- I could still cover everything with makeup and just looked about 8 years older than I did before. (I looked basically my age or two years older) Then, it started to get bad.. someone asked if I was sad and I wasn't... I just looked like I had a frown! My boobs sagged, etc. Makeup- I dont even wear it anymore- it dosent help. Literally, every few weeks, I had new lines/wrinkles.

I'm trying to fix my sleep, but in the meantime, I want to try to hold on to some of my looks. My family dosent understand... I'm not being selfish at all... I don't think that any woman my age would handle this well or accept it. Especially when I looked YOUNGER than my age before. Right before, guys told me I looked 17! (I was 26.) My whole family looks ten years younger than they are. I've always taken care of myself too- ate healthy, exercised, slept 9 or 10 hours. I used to love buying cute outfits and looking cute and now I can't do that anymore. The worst part is now my facial sagging and loss of elasticity is so bad- I look like I'm sad and frowning and I'm not!! I also look angry because of trying to sleep when you can't every night for two years has given me those wrinkles!

This is very hard for someone who used to constantly smile and loves people.. to not look pretty or approachable. You women are in your 50s and 60s and its hard enough to deal with the body changes THEN whey they are supposed to happen! Why should a twenty something have to go though this? :( There has got to be some way to stall it while I work on getting my insomnia fixed.

Do you ladies have any advice??  Does this sound like perimenopause? My periods have gotten less and less days, lighter and lighter... barely existant now. The sagging and loss of elasticity has gotten extreme the past few months.. my jowls are bad. Is that sound like peri?

Should I go on a birth control pill or do bioidentical hormones? Has anyone tried human growth hormone? Would that thicken the skin and make me look a little younger? (I forgot to mention- people now call me a "lady"- I look like I'm in my late forties)  If I can ever get my sleep back to normal, I've definitely considered getting a facelift and fx, but I would have to get a boob job to lift my boobs, butt lift, etc. :( Its so depressing. I had a great young figure before and now its gone.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!! Just be thankful you arent in my situation. :(  I need to feel good about myself  to be a good mom!
Hello :)  I really think you need to get a few things checked out...it sounds like a little more than perimenopause and the fact it started after you gave birth may be an in dication of hormonal disruption. I certainly would not go on Bio-identical hormones until I had my hormone levels checked out (all hormone levels, not just the sex hormones). When cortisol levels are high, you can develop all sorts of skin problems normally associated with aging. Growth hormone will thicken the skin but at your age you should be producing enough of it. Are you getting enough sleep now? You should ask your MD if melatonin will help. I take a couple of Gravol at night when I'm having insomnia and they work like a dream.   I really hope you get this sorted out soon as I'm sure you are a super mom and deserve to feel better about yourself R. xox
Thanks Rosina.

No, my sleep is still unbelievely awful. What other hormones are there besides sex hormones? Do you mean thyroid? I did have saliva tests for sex hormones about a year ago-it showed very high dhea- like an older person, low progesterone, low testosterone, etc. I'm definitely not producing enough gh. I don't really have much muscle on my body anymore. My little one will accidentally hit my neck and it hurts!! There is no muscle-just loose skin- I'm getting a crepey neck. It makes sense since gh is produced during deep sleep and Ive lacked that totally for two years. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I've tried melatonin- actually every sleeping pill for that matter. :(
I found this forum and identify with most comments. I am thin, had early menopause 10 yrs ago at 42. My skin sags, my arms and legs especially cause me distress. I also have osteopenia. I take lots of supplements and workout, and have increased both lately. 5 yrs ago I had plastic surgery so my face looks ok. I started taking larginine for muscle building, and that really helps build my muscles. I just started HRT but havent seen any improvement in skin elasticity and thickness, which is what I have issues with most: the sagging skin on my arms and legs and the little ripples on my thighs and arms. If anyone has any suggestion for something for skin elasticity, I would love to hear about it. I started taking lutien because i read that there was a 2006 study it improves skin elasticity. Its 2010, you would think they would invent something for skin elasticity and aging skin by now.  
thanks! T  
Are you the lady who chatted with me about six months ago? If not, then there are two of you having the same issues. I would try to see an Internist to measure all your hormones and see what's really going on in there. It  wouldn't be wise to take (for example) growth hormone when the real issue is further up the food chain so to speak and needs to be dealt with. What you describe must have a definite cause, perhaps a pituitary issue. Who did the saliva tests? It seems that you've had the tests but that no one is addressing the results. What does your doc say about all this? Sometimes it is a really minor issue with huge results when addressed properly. Just a tiny bit of the right hormone can get everything going in a positive direction again.
Yes, Rosina, that is me. :) What kinds of things do you test to see if there is a pituitary issue? I did the saliva tests through a compounding pharmacy. So, I'm not sure who to bring them to. Have you heard of those drs that were advertised on oprah for bioidentical hormones? I was going to go see one of them, but they really just focus on hormones- I think I need someone who will cover everything, because my severe insomnia has affected a lot I'm sure.
Hey you! It must be so frustrating. The insomnia must have a cause though and this could be to do with melatonin/cortisol. I had my tests done by a naturopathic doctor. I know that in the States, it is very difficult to find a doc locally who understands and prescribes BHRT. It's a little different up here in Canada where both doctors and naturopaths can advertise this service. I saw that Oprah show. I am wondering if you ask  on www.power-surge.com's forums, if someone can advise you about docs in your area. Everyone is into BHRT over there it seems. However, I really think that you need a referral to a specialist from your GP or family doc. It is not right that you are having to go through this, while trying to be a mom. I have all the respect  in the world for you as it must be very difficult.
I just wanted to ask if you have ever tried Gravol travel sickness tabs. I take two if I can't sleep and they knock me out.My friend's daughter just had a benign brain tumour removed and she developed very bad insomnia. I heard that she was sleeping better now that she is taking them too.
Again... here's another person with this is issue! I'm 41 and woke up one morning with saggy skin on my face, arms and thighs along with deep wrinkles under my eyes.  The doctor says my hormone levels are fine and to drink more water. Clearly something more is going on here!!! Glad to find this forum for support and information.
Hi. I am 43 years old and had menopause 4 years ago.  Now, i had the same problems most of you have, the sagging arms skin as well as on my upper thighs.  I guess it's due to hormonal change.  I am not taking any HRT; in fact my OB/Gyne asked me to choose if i wanted to have HRT treatments or just welcome early menopause at the age of 39.  I always check out my body on the mirror and notice a lot of changes has occured.  Now, i'm heavy on my belly, in fact, i added 4 inches on my waist after menopause.  I couldn't believe that cause i have been eating the same food during these years.

Also, after menopause, i have this outer vaginal itchiness especially during night time and at times after i pee.  I always wash my genital area everytime i pee.  I use this AVEENO anti itch cream and it helps about 70% and when the itchiness begins, i psyche myself not to scratch.

I don't have any itchiness during daytime but as soon as i lay down to sleep the itchiness begins.  I guess it's really a hormone thing and i'm cutting down on sugar intake as i'm a little high but not overboard.

Are any of you ladies on thyroid meds, esp. the natural ones like Armour? Poor thyroid uptake affects protein synthesis. Thyroid meds likely need increased if one is on any estrogens or other hormones. A once a year TSH test will leave you undiagnosed for a whole year. That is what has happened to me. In less than year my skin on my upper inner arms now looks like the arms of a woman 20 years older. Only my own research clued me to the fact that HRT therapy requires more thyroxine. Two doctors have told me this may be the reason for accelerated skin aging. I, too, have been thin and active my whole 58 years. Unfortunely for me I also live in Florida and have been out in the sun for 40 years. How come I'm not dead from skin cancer. Must be all thsoe supplements I've taken for 25 years.
ConnyMommy, your post is so very interesting. My three sisters (all over 20 years older) are all on thyroid meds and I have not seen any skin sagging on their arms. I've had the tests and am apparently just fine. I am on BHRT - estriol only, and progesterone. One of my sisters is on Armour Thyroid, which makes a HUGE difference in her life.
I am a 56 year old woman who has done strength training along with cardio exercise faithfully for over 25 years.  Like a lot of the rest of you, I too am slim.  I was very proud of my arms as they were very toned and defined up until about 3 months ago.  All of a sudden one day I woke up to the awful crepe paper looking skin problem that seems to get worse everyday.  It is very depressing.  As some of you have mentioned, I find myself comparing my arms with women that are my age or even worse, much, much older, and feeling very cheated knowing that many of these women have never set foot in a gym or lifted a dumbell in their life.  I realize there are a lot of worse things that could happen to a person, but somehow it just seems so unfair after having worked to stay in shape for so long.  It is a comfort to know that I am not alone and I will be checking back to see if anyone has a solution!  I am embarrased to show my arms anymore.
pls help me ...i feel sick evrytime i had my monthly period (before and after) im 42 yrs old ...is this a sign of a premenopause stage?
Yes! My hair was thinning and breaking and was really dry. My hairdresser recommended Red Ken's Time Reset treatment as well as regular use of the shampoo and conditioner. Add to that some thermal protection hair serum and the results are amazing. I also don't wash my hair everyday anymore and not pulling it back or clipping it works too. Also take vitamins and exercise as much as you can, it will relieve some of the stress accociated with Menopause.
I also have the crepy creepy look. (60).  My understanding is that it is a lack of hormones.  Like estrogen.  I am trying a natural estrogen to see if this worksasI didnothave the problemuntil Istopped the estrogen.  I have just started using Wild Yam cream.
I'm 55 and post menopausal.. I still look about 38 and although I have a bit of sag under the arms and such .. I'm still in pretty good shape.. but recently started having panic attacks.. which led me to doing a lot of study on the subject because my PCP put me on Clonazepam.. Before the Clonazepam my skin was getting very thin and my hair was thinning a lot... the Clonazepam changed that ...

Now I don't recommend anyone go on Clonazepam.. it's a Benzo and meant to deal with anxiety disorders and epilepsy... but how it does so is a big key I think... Okay after saying all that.... this is what I really want to suggest. ------>

Clonazepam replaces GABA in the brain.. it's a brain barrier crossing medication... Not a good thing, but with all my research I found that women in Menopause often have a loss of GABA production which leads to thin skin, loss of hair and all sorts of symptoms very similiar to what is being described by various posts in this forum..

GOOD NEWS is that there are natural substances that cross the blood brain barrier but unlike Clonazepam do not 'REPLACE" GABA.. but support your own body making GABA which is a chemical that keeps your nervous system calm and reduces stress..

So far I've been studying natural suppliments such as: Suntheanine, SHTP, Glutamine, Folic acid, Glutamic Acid  Not to mention taking Calcium/Mag/Zinc etc..

Everyone is different and have different needs ... but for those with thinning/loosening skin and loss of hair... I'd look into improving/supplimenting  GABA production... This suggestioin is based purely on the fact that once given this GABA replacing benzo.. my skin improved tremendously, as did my hair grow back in .. (not fully but amazinging increased in volume). And it may well be that I don't actually have panic disorder but am experiencing post menopausal symptoms that are very common..

I think too it's advised.. to take Vit D and B vitmins.. Suppliments, suppliments, suppliments.. but only a few actually cross the blood brain barrier to help increase GABA production naturally.... Do your research and it just may change your health tremendously.
All these things are happening to me,,,,,hairloss, the skin,,,,,ohhhhhhh the skin is awful. Within a month! When I twist my arm all I see is wrinkles. My long lean body is paying the price now.
Just wanted to say, thanks for making me laugh in the midst of all the crying Beck!!
Yes, I have tried palm oil, and I think it works better than anything else I've used for this purpose.  The only thing is it's quite messy.  For those that don't know, palm oil is so high in beta carotene, it's orange like carrots are.   And if you're not careful, you can get it all over your clothing. But Vitamin A is known to be very good for skin, which is why I tried it in the first place, and I did get results.
What specific changes did you notice, Janet? Less crepiness? Tighter "bond" of the skin to the arm?
I am taking bio identical  hormones  .. prometrium & estratal , also berocca plus vitamins ,,prescribed ..q 10 zinc collagen ..I love the collagen ..my skin looks so much better ..its hard to find a dr where I live for bio identical hormones, so I did alot of reading ,,Suzanne S books ..& told the dr what I would like to try .. he agreed .. I feel great !  the arms ,,crepiness  looking better ...im not saying this is for all..but its for me its a miracle ..I don't believe we have to look this way ,,we are lacking something ,,we need to find out what
Good Luck  
Hi Amber, what is Estratal? It's not in my medical updates anywhere...
Estradiol << sorry  
What is estradiol?

Estradiol is a form of estrogen, a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries. Estrogen is necessary for many processes in the body.

Estradiol is used to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, and vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation. Other uses include prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and replacement of estrogen in women with ovarian failure or other conditions that cause a lack of natural estrogen in the body. Estradiol is sometimes used as part of cancer treatment in women and men.
Thanks Amber. I'm a medical journalist and get about 40 updates on meds and what-not daily. I thought perhaps this was some very new form of estrogen, although I couldn't see it on the Internet :)
No lol I was in a hurry ,,spelled it wrong :)  I read alot also ..my interest is medicine . always has been ..just when I reached about 52 I thought wow my face is going to hit the wall soon  ,,I  don't have so many years of looking great haha I need to do something ,,so I read & I ask ..I was a model ..I lived on a tight body ..but if you notice or took note ..many of these ladies are thin ?
Anyways , just a thought im only 110 to 115 ..but I just think when are hormones change we do too .. we are made up of them ..as you know .....im tired & babbling ,,sorry ..Happy New Year !
I cant begin to tell u the relief i felt coming across tgis page while googling sudden saggy skin.  I just turned 48, and a year and 1/2 ago went from the person who everyone wanted to look like to looking older than my grandmother.  I have always been fit and muscular. I was never a gym person, but looked as though i worked out on a daily basis. All of the sudden, my arms started to sag, then the fronts of my thighs. Drs found a neck injury which they say controlls the muscles on your arms which was the reason for the sudden sagging skin. A year ago this past octobwr, i had surgery to repair the problem.  Well. The skin is worse now than before. I can actually shake my thighs and arms like jello. I was told by my dr that i am going through menopause and this is just part of that phase of.my life.  Personally i think its bull. I went from looking like i was 35 to having the body of a 70 yr old.  I just finished tKing avelox for swollen glands that wouldnt go down, and today my skin is on fire.  I have taken avelox and cipro many times before and im now wondering after reading all your posts if this could be a contributing factor.  I cry myself to sleep at night as it just doesnt make sense to me how u can go from a bikini body to that of someone twice your age overnight.  I am so upset and have myself thinking that i have one foot in the grave and the dr,s are missing something. I just had a complete blood workup and all is fine. I dont know what to do or how to get past this. Finding this group has been somewhat comforting as until now i truly felt i was alone. All suggestions are welcomed as i dont plan on quitting until i get my body back.  I take b complex and creatine to help build muscle, dr also put me on other suppliments such as c0q10' magnesium and fish oil. I dont take any hormone replacements, as i gained 11 pounds in 2 weeks right before all this started while taking lo ovral. I have always looked much younger than i am but now. My face is starting to sag as well.  I went from loving the beech to never wanting to leave the house as im so embarassed. Please help,
Re:  Palm oil -- I have noticed less crepiness, but the sagging is still there :(
I am 49.5 years old and a fair redhead living in Queensland Australia.  Had my last period approx. 3 years ago and have been taking Livial (tibolone) for approx. 2 years.  Approximately eighteen months ago I noticed changes around my eyes - puffy.  Approximately 9 months ago my hands overnight became heavily wrinkled and veined and within a further 2 months my forearms started to crepe.  I feel so embarrassed and find it so unfair.  I have cared for my body and skin for the majority of my adult life.  My hands and arms look older than my 79 year old Mother's.  I have tried so many different lotions and potions and currently attempting Vitamin C orally and well as a serum and Emu Oil - which I tend to alternate with coconut oil ... simply because I have seen them mentioned on the 'net.
Does anyone recommend  galvanic spa as a possible solution for my arms and neck ???
Hello there.  I'm 60 next month, and I have found my arms slowly starting to "drip."  I spent lots of time in the sun, lost weight here and there, and in general, just didn't think too much about it.  These last 3 or 4 years have been quite depressing as far as my body goes.  I've tried all kinds of laser remedies that never worked, and basically just decided that this is as good as it gets until someone comes up with a laser that actually works, or a magic pill, which no doubt will proabably be available in a few years, so I go ahead and wear sleeveless tops, and bear it all.  I can't change what is happening, unless I start body building, but I can keep it from affecting my life, and try to accept that this is just part of the natural aging process.  Men get old too!  Think about going bald!  It's so much easier to accept it rather than stress about it.
Gosh, I really thought i was the only one feeling these horrible depressing thoughts that it is only happening to me.Today, I went to see adermatologist to ask what she would recommend, but she ended up depressing me more. I, like most of you on the forum have always tried to take care of myself, more, I feel, than some of my friends and they seem much better off than me, maybe thinking about it all day long (as I do) just brings more of the same... (law of attraction!) but, nonetheless it is so very depressing, my problem is the skin on my face.
I am so glad I found you all, not so much to commiserate, but hopefully if we all stick together and share our discoveries, we can help each other. I will, if and when I find anything for sure.Does anyone remember once on a Dr. Phil show, his wife (don´t remember her name)wrote a book on bio-identical hormones and she looks fantastic.If anyone can remember can they let me know. Also, does anyone think eating more foods with protein may help?Also, lot´s more vitamin C?
For any of you that are interested in alternative/holistic medicine, like me, you might enjoy these videos: (1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfMIYje56Y and (2) http://www.youtube.com/user/kevingianni#p/u/30/k-WJOZJZMY0.  I definitely have a thyroid  body type (see video #1) Video #2 mentions we may have an "accumulation of protenoids" which causes saggy skin. Need to look into this. I've been learning a lot about the gut and thyroid connection.  I think we need to get our gut cleaned out and get rid of toxins that have accumulated for years in our bodies. Even though you might not have any noticeable problems with your gut, almost everyone, on the standard american diet has some sort of build up of unhealthy bacteria in our intestines. I hope you enjoy the videos. Keep an open mind. You don't have to believe it all... it's just food for thought. ;-]
What you are describing sounds similar in so many ways to what happened to me after taking Cipro, and also to a number of other women (and men!: like 30 yo men who are not likely to be candidates for menopause) who have taken drugs in the fluoroquinolone family, which also includes avelox and levaquin.  If you are by any chance also experiencing insomnia, joint & muscle pain, nerve pain, sudden eye floaters, ringing in the ears, or any of 20+ other unexplained problems after being fit and healthy, there's a good possibility that you have been "floxxed"  & you should never take another one of these drugs. Please know that you are not alone: There are a number of online groups for people who have had adverse reactions to quins: please feel free to message me if you would like more info about them and the URLs.  To Robbie 61, had you by any chance been prescribed any of these drugs by a doctor or for a hospital procedure before the sudden onset of prominent veins and wrinkles in your hands?  The cause could be something else, of course, but this is part of what I experienced and so have many others after taking one or more of these drugs.  If either or both of you have found treatments that seem to be helping or resolving your issues, I would also be very interested in knowing what has worked for you.  Thank you! and I hope things are improving.
Love all your comments! I'm having the same skin issues (just started this year) so I am looking forward to hearing your solutions. Thanks for all your research!
Hello SuzeRaye (and all). I have just created a tab on my Middle Ageless blog for posts about aging arms and what can/can't be done about sagging and all the other nasties. It's right at the top with the tabs. I don't have anything staggering to report as yet but I'm on a supplement program with a complementary skincare product that might help. It's only been a month so far so I can't judge results yet. link is www.middle-ageless (dot) com
Are you thinking of Robin Mc Graw and "What's Age Got to do With It?" ?  I don't think she looks good for her age. She looks to me like she's had a lot done, but to each her own :)
Thanks! I'll try palm oil over my Skin-Minus and Resveratrol cream.
I'm new here and ended up e-mailing the person I wanted to respond to instead of sending a comment that all could read - so I'm trying again.  :o)  At the age of 67 I'm somewhat technically challenged.
I scanned several of the notes in this thread and found none that addressed the food we eat these days.  Sometimes its best to work on the inside before pouring good money into expensive products that are only bandaids for the outside.  How many of us feel an unusual, light nausea after eating at times?  Is anyone else out there broken hearted every time we hear of another young athlete dropping dead during a game?  Our nation is becoming a land of allergy plagued people.  Our food products could very likely be the cause.
I bought a "pork" loin the other day and ended up throwing it away after tasting it and noting its texture.  It had very obviously been genetically altered.  We all must surely recognize that consuming genetically and chemically altered meats, veggies, fruits and beverages is going to have an unnatural affect on our bodies. I have been aware for some time that 'free range' meats and eggs are available from farmers who are very strict about how their animals are raised, what they eat and how to keep them naturally healthy.  After the pork loin incident we will be purchasing only free range meats.  
It has also been suggested by nutritionists that we buy either organic or locally grown produce that has been grown from pure seed (unaltered).  Two examples of altered produce - people who are allergic to fish may find themselves suddenly allergic to strawberries, as a fish gene has been added to some strawberries to help them survive in colder climates; a tree gene has been added to some corn seed so that the stalk will withstand heavy winds. Pure produce growers, like their Free Range farmer counterparts, take great care in offering natural foods.  Many mom and pop grocers and Farmers Market fairs offer pure produce.  Mayfield milk products are made with much pride using extremely high standards for purity in the milk they accept for their products.  NOTE: If this is the incorrect dairy name I will post the correct one within a couple of days.  Water filters are available everywhere nowdays in order to get relatively pure water.  
It's time for people to take action to save their own bodies and those of their loved ones by insisting that grocers offer untainted foods to their customers, and the best way to do that is to search out the stores that offer natural products and to leave the mega "lower cost" stores behind.
Also, I just found a site that suggested a mixture of BioOil (CVS Pharmacy offers their own lower cost oil and it works just as well) Red Palm Oil and Coconut oil to be applied under our regular moisturizer (this mix is primarily for the body, not the face).  The site did not give how many parts of each of these to use, so I intend to do a little experimenting to get rid of my crepe paper skin.  :o)
Yes. I totally agree. The crap food that is the Standard American Diet has huge impacts on us and our digestive system which affects our ability to absorb nutrients and the production of hormones. I mentioned this in an earlier post. I just met with a new doctor who told me my hormones are out of balance and that I can "absolutely reverse my saggy skin".  We'll see what happens....
Best of luck, Amy.  Keep us posted.  :o)
Hello Amy, You actually have a dr. that said this condition can be REVERSED? How can this be done? If you have any more information, please post. I love the summer and the anxiety over not being able to wear short sleeved tops or shorts is very depressing. I will never put on another bathing suit again in my life. I have about 2-3 inches of hanging loose skin on my otherwise slim arms and it's all crepey. I wrote about all this before. I sympathize with all of those who have written of their problem with this here. Good luck to everyone.
I, too, have the chicken skin elbows and saggy interior arm skin.  I am wondering if anyone ever consulted a plastic surgeous about cutting off the excess skin on the elbow, which in turn tightens the inner arm.  It seems that it would not be too bad, except I think you may have to do one arm at a time and keep it straight to heal for a couple weeks.  Anyone have info about this??
Lioness, that cannot be done as far as I understand. You could have a brachioplasty, but that is usually to remove excess fat and skin (batwing) following weight loss.
As for the spider veins in your leg, I found the answer for that.  I was amazed this product actually worked.  Disosimin from www.lef.org.  European women take it amazing results. I took 2 per day for 90 days and al of my veins were gone. Once you start taking it though, you have to stay on it to alleviate their reappearance.

Great stuff. Membership is $75. but they have awesome and amazing products. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do re: sagging skin on arms right above crease the rest of you are discussing.  
Yes. Well, that's what he said. I've just had some blood drawn this week (hormones and a couple other things) so after the Dr. gets my results, he will provide me with a plan of action and most likely some supplements.  I've got my fingers crossed! :-)
The bulging veins in your hands are normal for well toned muscle groups. Anyone buff will have visibly increased vascular system as they get toned.  My hand veins bulge too, and have for years, when I do resistance training on a regular basis.  I have the same problem in my upper arms.  Sagging, wrinkled, worse when I bend over and gravity pulls the sagging skin. I have lost about 12 pounds in the last 3 months and I know that has a lot to do with it.  I am not working out 3 x a week recently due to a full time job, part time job and college classes 2 evenings a week. I tan on a regular basis and know that is a major contributor.  But I adamantly disagree with your doctor who says "welcome to old age" as if you must accept it as the way you must be.  Get a new doctor. My plans:
completely change my weight routine, consult a personal trainer, consult the plastic surgeon that I work with and visit my dermatologist.  The dermatologist initially always says "stay out of the sun" but then has a half dozen or so suggestions on how to make things better.  She did Lime light treatment on my face which took care of spider veins and discolorations. Cost $300.
Curious as to what he finds. I am 50 and still getting fairly regular periods but in the last year Ive notices the saggy skin on my upper arms and elbow crease and I too have taken pride in my previously toned arms.  My thighs and knees are suffering too (no more shorts during yoga as I cant stand to see the effects of gravityon my saggy knees).  I also suffer from horrendous insomnia.  Thought I had found a supplement that helped but the manufacturer went out of business.  Have to take a xanax several nights a week to be able to focus at work the next day and I HATE taking meds.  Just feeling desperate but a tad hopeful as your dr seemed responsive.  Mine just prescribes drugs and tells me I have to live with it. Thanks!
I improved my skin tone dramatically by increasing cholesterol in my diet and switching from coffee to green tea. Whole milk yogurt 3-5 times and a dozen eggs a week average. No white sugar in my diet at all, except in the Kombucha I brew myself.
Very interesting about the cholesterol. Do you get your blood cholesterol checked? I know dietary cholesterol doesn't matter too much unless you have elevated overall cholesterol or a poor HDL/ LDL ratio. Did you have the sagging/dimpled skin at the crease of the elbow or are you meaning consuming more cholesterol improved your facial/overall skin tone? (Lots of questions :)
Yes, I had my cholesterol levels checked about 3 years ago in a complete general physical I paid for out of pocket. (<$1k) They have always been so low the Dr.s think I'm a vegetarian. It was 135 or so then. That's about the time I started really doing research and came across references to the role cholesterol plays in hormone transport. I had pretty much cut out all animal fats in the search for better health. Wrong. The whole fat yogurt and as many eggs as I want seem to do the trick. Beef when I can afford it too, I try to eat some good beef once a week, plus chicken once or twice a week and pork once or twice a week. Fish I save for sushi a few times a year, what with the heavy metals and the poor state of the ocean fisheries. (I take 2400mg of fish oil a day) I eat beans, rice and/or lentils 3 times a week or more with lots of veggies.
I had that crepe looking thin skin that tore & wrinkled easily on my hands & forearms, plus my face was looking like hell. That has reversed completely. I also watch the hydration and cut way back on coffee, substituting with green tea. The days I look & feel the best I have at least 3 cups of green tea. It really is a key for me.
I think one of the biggest helps is that I quit fretting over getting old, and have learned to accept it, but not let it limit me. I  have too many older female role models around here that are still out gettin after it in the backcountry and on the rocks. Can't complain. My sex life is also fantastic, thanks to a great partner.
One thing I am not doing that I really need to get in the habit of is lifting weights. I split wood by hand, I think that counts. :)
Thank you, Julia, for such a comprehensive reply! I must admit say it has got me thinking. My cholesterol has always been very low. I eat only fish and fowl. So I'm going to up the eggs and try the full fat yogurt. I get migraines easily with yogurt so I have to be careful there. I would like to reference your observations on my blog (while keeping your name off it, of course), as I have so many people writing to me about their arms. Love the "sex life" comment :) You sound both happy and fulfilled and that in itself is a joy to read. R.x
So glad I found this site. The saggy skin has all happened drastically over the past couple of months. I am recently menopausal, just turned 54 and am active and fit. I've noticed the past several months that continue to lose weight; although now I seem to be maintaining at 116. I am 5'4 tall. I thought maybe the weight loss (from around 130 pounds in September) is what has contributed to my saggy skin issue (I mean face, arms, hands, legs and lower abs)! I am not getting much sleep these days and I drink coffee throughout the day to help me stay awake. I realize I need more water and less caffeine.
I am going to take some of the advice here, starting with more water and switching to green tea. I also need to get back to working out 5 days a week instead of the 2-3 that I'm doing now. I'm in a new relationship of about 6 months so I want to get back and keep my body looking good to him :) It worries me that I look so much older now than I did 6 months ago. Scary!!!
Recently I started taking DHEA and Pregnelone. I did feel great, nevertheles suddenly my underarms and breast looked so dried like a 70 year old lady.  I am 49.  I realized my hormones were crazy.  So I got progesterone cream and apply it to the creppy skin.  Stop taking DHEA and pregnelone for now.  The kin went back to normal.

Qkey
Are you following a vegetarian diet by any chance?  A complete amino acid profile in the diet is very important to provide the building blocks for healthy collagen & skin tissue & this can be difficult to achieve with a vegetarian diet unless you are careful.  Whey protein can be a healthy addition for diets which are low in protein.

Hossjulia, I suspect that it may be that the eggs & beef which are one of the few food groups that do contain all essential amino acids have improved this aspect of your nutrition as much as the increase in dietary cholesterol.

I am 50, perimenopausal & rely mostly on weight training for exercise these days.  There is some evidence that aerobic exercise is best kept to short bouts of interval training as longer sessions may result in increased cortisol which contributes to hormonal dysregulation.

I am happy with my arms but don't like my saggy knees.  My diet is pretty reasonable but I am going to pay more attention to the composition of my protein intake & monitor results.
What brand of progestrone are you using? Is it prescription? Also, where do you apply the cream and how often?
Hi, just found this forum because horrors, I have the saggy crepey upper arm skin and now that y'all mention it, the same on the upper thighs in front and inner thighs.   I wanted to address the mention of evening primrose oil.  I take that too, and while it hasn't helped with this issue, I found that it did help very much with a scalp condition.  I had an eczema condition on my scalp and the derm gave me a prescription which did not really help for long.  I had been trying evening primrose for skin and hair in general and had stopped because I didn't think it was working.  I read that it was good for eczema, started taking it again, 1,000 mg per day and the scalp condition cleared up.  The derm was amazed and made a note of it.  I still however, am having this rapid onset arm skin thing.  My mother has it badly but she is in her 80's.  I'm not sure how long she has had it, but the skin on the rest of her body is very good, exceptionally so.  Her arms look like they belong on someone else and she hasn't worn short sleeves in a long time. I'm too young for this!  58 is not a springy chick but I don't want to give up showing my arms for the next few decades. I'm interested in the fact that some have seen success with Gold Bond, I already have some and will try it.  But I have to say I am always moisturized, and it is not changing things much.  Not the firming creams or anything has really had much effect.  So I'll stay posted here, at least it wasn't just me.
I know the feeling.  This past summer something similar happened to me.  Out of the blue it looked like someone deflated the air out of my cheeks and my arms.  I panicked and have tried to get my skin elasticity back.  I think one of my problems was dehydration but I am normally chronically dehydrated because of a medical condition.

Hydration helps.  I also used retin A on my face but it seems my skin has thinned so much that the retin A dries it out for weeks.  I have little to no exfoliation happening as before I use to be able to rub off a great deal of dead skin every week.  Nothing happens now that I can see.  I find that hydrating creams make the lines show up even more.  I use sunscreen faithfully every day.  The loose cheeks have improved since last summer but still not what they use to be.  
I lift weights for my flabby arms and they have improved a lot but if I turn my arm in at the elbow I have that awful crepiness as well.  I think this is happening because the skin has thinned for whatever reason, lack of water or protein or collagen or hormones, if someone has answers we're waiting..  Kind of scarey if it's caused by rapid aging???
It could be weight loss as well or muscle atrophy or stress?  I was moving at the time, very stressed, wasn't eating or drinking properly so the skin could have suffered the stress.  Since then I have looked in the mirror and cried, it doesn't look like me.   I have a wedding to go to this summer, I'm so embarrassed by my looks.  I'm trying to find a dress that will hide my arms, it seems like I'll be joining the senior group.  If only I could blend in without being noticed.  
Nancy I used emerita cream.  I spread the cream on my arms and breast.  Wherever I saw the change in my skin.  I used as much as I felt would leave the skin smooth.  I did this until my period came.  The I stopped.  Trying to mimic the menstrual cycle I am waiting for about 10 days after my period is over to start using the cream again, although if I dont see the skin as before I might not use the cream again.  This is because if my body is still producing progesterone I dont want to make my body believe that I have enough progesterone and therefore cause my body to stop producing its own progesterone.  I am taking again pregnenolone.  I think that the excess of DHEA I was taking, increased the testosterone levels too high causing the creppy skin.  Still researching.  Good luck!
Oh I know only too well about the twisting motion and how it gives the arm a hideous look. The skin on my face is the complete opposite, not a wrinkle or sag or brown spot. That's what I find so weird. I take every "sophisticated" supplement known to humankind including anti-glycation benfotiamine and carnosine, Omega-3, ALA and so on, drink green smoothies all day, have used numerous therapeutic quality/strength actives in skin creams, lift weights, but it only looks worse. Oh yes, and then I've had the area lasered (one arm just gto see if there is any improvement) and I use the Anti-aging Lightstim red light therapy handheld unit. What is needed are two things: stimulation of the fibroblasts to produced more collagen/elastin, and the deposition of fat to pad out the area. (As soon as hormones wane, we lose fat there.) I'm on bio-identical hormones but, unless we get those hormones up to levels where menstruation starts up again, they do little to replenish fat in that area. Grr! My research continues...stay tuned :)
Rosina I had sagging skin on my biceps as well, TG it filled out quite nicely with the weight lifting, but I was hoping the loose panty hose look would disappear from the inner fold of my elbow. I'm working on it.  You are so lucky not to have a wrinkle or line on your face, unfortunately I suffer with pretty much the same look on my face only milder with less skin. I think the loose fold in my elbow started very slightly a couple of years ago and progressed, and this past summer my face followed.    As we age our bodies do not handle retaining the proper balance of fluids in the skin.  I have read that if one is chronically dehydrated it can take several months to restore proper balance.  Many of us will drink anything but water, some of the fluids we drink are dehydrating.  Personally I think it's probably due to loss of fat pads from loss of collagen and elastin.  I need to give Gold Bond products a chance.  

I wonder if any of the cellulite lotions and potions might help?   They're supposed to tighten up dimpled skin and although this isn't dimpled but loose it still may help to firm up the area??  Let us know if you come up with anything new.
It happened to me too!  6 months ago I started working out again.  Weights, little cardio and low and behold crepey skin on my biceps.  I was all set out to tone up and now my arms and legs are looking awful.
I was worried that I had some lurking disease. Getting depressed and looking for solutations.  I'm 63, yes I know getting up there, but this came on soooo sudden and I can't seem to make it any better. The more I work out the worse it gets.  Why so sudden Why don't men get this at the same age as women?  I have a young face, no lines or wrinkles, but my legs and arms embarress me.  Very aware. I am however glad to find this blog because I was really thinking, well this is the end.  I will look on the bright side and be thankful that my health is good.  Darn, wish I would have had some warning....;-)
I am so glad that I found this post. I, too, am small and weigh 97lbs, however, I am only 5'..so, I am proportionate; however, just in the last four months I have noticed my sagging underarms. I have always exercised, lifted weights, etc. and I am still lifting and doing everything I can. I, too, like most of the ladies do not have wrinkles on my face at all...not sure why - I don't do anything different except that I am a redhead and have stayed out of the sun my whole life- or covered up when out. I still hate the fact that my arms look so 'old'.-I did start taking fosamax about seven months ago and not sure if that has anything to do with it- I know fosamax is for osteo (which I am using to avoid getting it)-maybe this drug may have something to do with my sagging arms.  I have three sisters and we are all around the same age (50's) and none of them have it- so, I don't think it is genetic. I am going to do some research and see what I come up with and will be reading all the posts written here to see if others have ever found anything that works- other then getting plastice surgery to remove the underarm fat.
Thanks everyone - Vikijeane
After reading the comments on increased cholesterol intake improving saggy skin, I am starting to really wonder if my nearly vegetarian diet has caused the crepey arm skin that everyone is talking about here. It's starting to seem to me that this came on since I've cut out beef and pork and cheese AND eggs almost completely for the past three years! I am also menopausal and 56 though, so I assumed the saggy, crepey was just a sign of aging and estrogen loss. I have borderline high cholesterol so I had been trying hard to lower it-- now I wonder if it's going to be a tradeoff between heart health and more beautiful skin! I would like to keep my heart health, and eating lots of animal fat doesn't seem like the way to do that. BUT, I may eat more full fat yogurt and eggs now to see if it makes a difference with my skin. Oh, and I also have been eating oat bran every day for the past couple of years to lower cholesterol. And, I take a low dose thyroid supplement for a slightly low thyroid. There must be some reliable research somewhere linking medical conditions to the appearance of the skin.
Have any of you ladies lost weight?   On top of being post menopausal I have also lost a little weight.   Menopause has this shrunken effect on me.  I remember a few years back I was losing facial fat and my doctor prescribed estrogen and my face filled out again.  Unfortunately my tryglycerides and cholesterol went up so I was taken off the medication.  Shortly after large studies were done that labelled estrogen as unsafe as far as some health issues go.

I think as the body's estrogen supplies decrease, the fat pads go with it, I'm surprised that many say their faces are still okay while their arms are not?.  My face went first followed by the loose skin in the arms.  I'm also surprised that some are saying that they've been lifting weights and their skin on the arms is getting looser?.   Normally muscle is supposed to fill in the loose area??  Do you suppose that your arms could be looking worse if you hadn't been lifting weights?  I was horrified by the loose skin on mine and that is why I got back to weights in a hurry.  There is an improvement.   I read that if you do too much exercise you don't build muscle, you actually break it down, so that is something to consider.

Oh, another issue.  While the front of my biceps and elbows are filling in, I was shocked when I pinched the boney part of the back of my elbow the other day, the skin actually stuck together and stayed there for a good minute...yuck,  no sleeveless for me!
I too have always been very active, body building (competition level) aerobic instructor in my younger days, I'm now 55, still jogging & doing weights, but this sagging skin around my biceps is causing so much stress, my mum had better arms at my age & she never did sports or anything active. My face is good but from the neck down,it's out of  control. I can't wear sleevless tops or dresses in summeer & a swimming costume is out of the question, so I tried PRP (platelet rich plasma) 3 treatments & $$$$ later all for nothing. The natural HRT I''ve been on for the last 10yrs hasnt't made any difference with that or hair thinning. I thought if I put on some more weight it might help but it just goes straight to my hips & rump. So I just keep searching the web (that's how I found you guys)& trying most things with a promise (ha!) I'm glad winter's coming so I can cover up. Oh!, I take a good lot of supplements, drink loads of water, and have become an arm watcher.
When you say natural HRT, are you referring to a herbal hormone replacement              (phyto estrogens)  That in itself has no measurable effect on the skin?  

Okay gals, what kind of weight lifting are you doing?  You need to do exercies for the triceps to tighten up the jigglies from the back of the biceps.
I am so glad I found this site.  I'm not alone.  I've suffered perimenopausal symptoms for about 5 years.  About a year ago (just before turning 46) I noticed OVERNIGHT that the skin on my legs - especially the front of my thighs looked wrinkley.  I too am active and petite.  This is devastating.  I recently had an HF treatment for skin tightening and it helped.  The results were immediate, but the crepey appearance remains and the texture is bothersome.  I no longer have the softness or smoothness to the touch.  I am scheduled for another treatment next month and I'm going to ask what can be done for the texture. This is devastating and there is no way this kind of aging overnight is normal.  I really think it was caused by low progesterone.  I've started natural progesterone cream and I feel  completely different and "normal" again in respect to relief of my perimenopausal symptoms, but no reversal of the damage to my skin.  I'll check back after my next treatment.
I am so glad I am not alone in all of this.  About a year ago, I noticed the weird 'inner" elbow thing when I reached up to hug my boyfriend, it actually scared me, I thought "what was that???" But it was just an itty-bitty bit of skin on both inner elbows. I thought..no biggie...

And now it's just all-over sagging, drooping, crepeyness all round!  I am 55, have always been a bit overweight all my life at 5'2" weighing between 130-140; but several months ago lost 15 lbs and am staying at around 115. Which, of course, everyone "congratulates" me on! HA! If they only knew what was under the clothes!  AND last night I made the mistake of doing the full-lenght/hand mirror thing so I could see what my boyfriend is seeing as I "walk away"..ahem.  MISTAKE!  It seriously looks like I have a larger "suit of skin" on my body and am 'wrinkling' at the arms, thighs, butt, tummy. And don't even get me started about my boobs.  What used to be pretty nice breasts have turned into these pitiful little "empty bags" which ALSO have wrinkly, crepey skin on them!  I asked my doctor about my arms and she said "just lift weights and that''ll disappear".  I don't think so!   I too join all you ladies in thinking I am 55 and my body looks 70 PLUS.  I haven't had a period in 2 years, BUT have always looked "filled out"..up until about 3 months ago when I both started a job where I sit in front of a computer all day AND went through some major, major stress in my life.  After that, everything seemed to happen overnight.  Sags and Bags everywhere. I do NOT know what I am going to do this summer, as where I live it gets very hot and humid.  My arms are just awful, and it seems from reading the posts that lifting weights just ain't gonna make anything better.  I'm going to read over the posts again and start to glean information about how to fight back!    It's just nice to know that there are other women out there that actually have this problem , although I'm not wishing it on anyone.. just good to know that I am not alone.  Thanks for listening.  I hope to post more here in the future.  You ladies are great!  
Biwa I've done  some research on this subject since I went through something similar.  Based on the onset of stress you recently went through, wht could have happened to you was an overproduction of steroids from your adrenals.  First, try to sleep well.  If you can check with an endocrinologist to check on your adrenals.  Try to relax and good luck!

Qkey
Well, Jnine, I had to winch a little when I read at age 44, you were beginning to have the skin of a 60 yo!!  I am 62 and I did not start having the 'sags' until about 10 months ago, so I am a little concerned you are getting them so young.  For myself, I have attributed it to loss of muscle mass, thus skin can do nothing but sag.  However, this is not your case either.
I, like others on this thread, have just 'accepted & love my older self'' and don't feel I need to impress anyone. I have always been a water drinker all day long, keep cases of it in each of my cars even, so I would have to rule out dehydration...in my case anyway.
My semi-solutions:  I have gone back to applying baby oil on my still wet body just out of the shower, then blotting my body dry with towel.  I use lotion with chamomile and green tea which tightens up my skin some and Vitamin E cream all over before I put my jammies on at tnight.  I see slight improvement with skin above my knees, but not on arm above elbow much, so I wear tank tops & have sought out & bought the long or 3/4 sleeve VERY thin 'toppers' to wear over the tanks.....so all is covered, I am not any hotter than with just the tank top on....and feel sexy in the flimsy, wafer over tops!!!  I wear only Bermuda shorts to tops of my knees (my knees are not wrinkly, only the sagging skin above my knees).  I use the cover up I use for under my eyes for the veins (I have always had thin skin & veins so used to this, I guess) AND my age spots on my hands & forearms, as well as a few veins and spots on my lower legs. Pure Aloe Vera gel keeps my feet and heels soft and smooth.
Hope some of this helps.  I did hear the other day late at night on TV about some type of shorts women can buy now that 'pulls up' the sagging knee skin somehow, but I have searched on the Internet & have not found them yet.  Anyone else hear about these?
Just be thankful you have lived to be as old as you are....things could be worse than sagging skin, right?
Keep the faith and spirits up!!
I forgot to mention I had to have a hysterectomy when I was only 29 after having my last child at age 28.  I wore a hormone 'patch' on my lower stomach area for years, which must have helped, because in the following 30+ years now, the only side effects of menopause I have had is HOT FEET!!!  I have not been able to wear enclosed shoes for about 10 years now except when I visit my daughter in cold, cold Kansas....then I can only wear the lightweight Uggs & take them off as soon as I am inside.  I gave or threw away ALL of my socks a long time ago, & seldom wear panty hose.  I buy sexy, open toed and/or sling back heels, fancy flip flop style flats in every color imaginable & even small heeled flip flop style sandals.
Thank goodness I have never had the mood swings or the 'night sweats', but I hear they are awful......so I am grateful for and glad I only have to deal with HOT FEET!!
Another things I have been going to try on my upper arms and sagging knees.....facial masks!!  If they tighten the skin on our faces, why not tighten skin on our arms and knees?  I will try this and let everyone know if this works, or not.
Another 'sag' I am grateful for is my BUTT!!  Taking ballet for almost 20 yrs., then on to aerobics, step aerobics, Tae Bo, Yoga & just about every other kind of exercises, I always had a 'Big Bootie' for my small & short frame.  Now that THAT has dropped, I look more proportioned correctly....esp. since I have also lost 3.5" in height also.....I am now only 5 ft. tall!!  So odd, I know, to be thankful for an old age sag, but I am happier with my flatter butt!!  LOL!!!!
Good news!!!  Taking Biotin supplements WILL thicken your hair again and give you good, strong fingernails & toenails!!!  My Mom's hairdresser suggested this to her and I saw how it worked on Mom.  So when I started thinning around my double crown area of my head, I also have been taking them since.....it WORKS!!
Speaking of hair, have you reached the age stage yet where you don't have to shave your underarms or legs anymore??!!??  I am loving this also......but a little sad I have very little 'feminine area' (if you know what I mean) left......things like this I never knew would happen, but don't have to bikini shave anymore either, I guess!!  So find the good in the bad....that is what I am trying to do anyway.
The women in both sides of my family live to be in their mid-90s, we are a cancer free family also thank goodness except my maternal grandmother who had to have a mastectomy at age 88.....she lived to be our oldest so far at age 99 years, 1 week exactly.  I know I most likely have 35+ years more at age 62 now, to live and love this body of mine, so I am just mentally and emotionally accepting all happenings, grateful I am still living and trying to see the good in the bad.
I swear it's like you are reading my mind.  I am now 49 and when I turned around 43/44, I started noticing my forearms becoming very vascular.  I have always been athletic with pronounced arms but this is a loss of elasticity and subcutaneous fat in my forearms which makes my veins very noticeable and my skin's texture more flimsy than firm.  I contribute the loss of elasticity to my years spent in the sun and also going through menopause.

I love myself, I am a beautiful woman and if people don't want to look at my vascular arms, they can turn their heads.  I am not going to cover up my arms in the smoldering heat anymore than someone with unattractive feet will refuse to wear sandals.  I don't deny wishing if I could somehow inject fat into my forearms, I might consider it but I would never have surgery.  This is who I am, a petite frame with a vibrant spirit  :)

Good health and love to all!
Hi just stumbled upon the post today. I also have this problem severely and am only 29. It seemed to come on suddenly when I was only 25. At first it was the whole inner thigh area and now over the last few years it has run wild. The worst place is my upper inner arms. I am not exaggerating it looks like my arms are in their 50-60s, the thighs are very bad, all over my stomach is very bad, it has now spread down my inner forearm, my calves, my back, the outer sides of my breasts, hands, feet, almost everywhere. The other thing that is fine is my face (for now thankfully). Needless to say I feel utter depressed by this, I completely hide my body. I have tried to accept it being that it is probably the least of my health problems and I don't want to be vain but it is truly hard to pretend that it doesn't matter to me.
I have done a lot of research also and tried numerous lotions and potions, natural remedies, acupuncture, supplements, super-foods, papaya creams,  dietary changes, exercise etc. with no improvement at all, it only gets worse.
About 3 months ago I started drinking green smoothies and am following a 75% raw vegan diet. If anything it's gotten worse (not just detox worse) and I believe perhaps I need to bring eggs back into my diet as I also heard that in an interview with Dr Leonard Coldwell. I've had AS since I was 15 and Fibromyalgia since I was 23, I believe stress, AS, eating a poor processed diet, bad sleeping patterns, and a complete loss of personal power and self-confidence allowed Fibro to manifest. I know Fibro attacks collagen and ages the body (including the brain... whoopee) prematurely. I know I have hormonal problems, I do not heal well, I'm in a constant state of flare, I believe my ability to assimilate nutrients is completely compromised, I know I have GI problems, I get inflections quite often, the list goes on. I don't think my body is functioning well on any level. It's like a spiral I'm trying to climb all the time.
I take probiotics and digestive enzymes, MMS, colloidal silver, Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, I take vitamins (perhaps I need to review the source of these as they are useless if they are just analogs or processed badly etc.), I have cut out coffee/tea/caffeine/refined sugar/soy (and other foods I have an intolerance to), increased good fats, drink 2L of water a day (I still seem to have dehydration symptoms).  I know I still need to work on my sleeping patterns and get some more sun light. I do yoga when I can actually move, I meditate, I practice visualization and positive thinking because at 25 I was extremely depressed for about 2 years, I was so sick of being sick and not having any diagnosis. I know this just added more fuel to the fire and it was at this time that the creping started.
I honestly think our whole lifestyle in creating these problems, these things are happening earlier and earlier for people, every 3rd person seems to have immune issues, our lives are completely disassociated from nature. Just look at how unnatural our food is! I truly believe all these things and yet I am still not improving at all. I really wish you all good luck. It's been nice to hear what other people have to say I just wish I had some answers.
Well I can relate to all of you. I was distressed regarding saggy crepy arms & legs, but following my knee replacement surgery, it has compounded. I'm very puzzled as to what happened.  I had a friend that this also happened to following surgery.  Do you think anesthesia causes "a lasting relaxation" of all the muscles which accentuates the existing problem? Does anyone know if there's any kind of laser treatment that tightens skin in a good way?  I do count my blessings daily because a large number of our family friends and acquaintances are fighting cancer.
The problems that so many of you  have talked about have also affected me.  At 66 I have just seen the most alarming sagging and crepping on my arms and legs and it's happened as many have said overnight.  I've always been slim and up until now my arms and legs have been normal.  Has anyone else had thyroid problems? I had an ablation about 5 years ago and I've been on synthroid for about 2 years now and the dosage was recently increased.  Knowing that the thyroid affects our bodies in so many ways I'm wondering if that could have started all this.
I'm wondering if those of us with the saggy creppy problem simply have less collagen that others and possibly sun damage?    

I played golf for many many years almost daily so I know that did a lot of damage to my skin and no amount of creams will help that later on in life.  I've always worn bangs covering my forehead and I have no wrinkling there at all as well as my rib cage area.  Looks like baby skin and I'm 65+.....but that doesn't help my arms and legs.  Hummmm...I think I've just come to the conclusion that most of my skin problems are related to sun!!  

Wish "they" would come up with a chemically safe cream that would sluff off the damaged skin over a 6 month period.  Maybe someday??
Okay ladies, don't give up.  What does Joan Rivers do?.  I seen her with short sleeves on some program and ask myself how can her arms be firmer than mine?  Isn't she in her 80's?  Infact the lady really looks great for her age?

I searched the mall for a summer dress for a wedding.  My hubby decided to help me.  I was appalled at what he considered would look good on me?.  I was hurt when he held up a long sleeve dress that wasn't even appropriate for a wedding affair, maybe the church but not for a social evening?.  When I tried on a sleeveless dress that I thought was okay he nodded no and told me I would look better with sleeves.  I just about cried.  Are my arms that bad?
Just checked it out, Joan Rivers is 78 not in her 80's.  I knew she was somewhere close, my apologies.  There is not a wrinkle in sight?  
I am so thankful I stumbled across this forum.  I did take some antibiotics when I had some skin cancer removed and I wonder what I took?  I am so distressed over my hands which started bulging out veins just about a month ago.  I can't even look at them and do my best to ignore them.  My teenage daughter is alarmed by my hand's apprearence and says I have the arms and hands of a 70 year old.  I also recently lost 7 pounds ( I am 5 ft 2" ) so perhaps that is an explanation too.  Thanks for the forum though.....at least I am not alone.
Hi all~ I sat here in the middle of the night reading all of the posts on this thread. I am not sure that was such a good idea, as I woke up even MORE focused on the issues posted here :-) That brings me to my question. I noticed that not a single person mentioned the ability of the mind to bring MORE attention to issues that are focused on. I appreciated hearing some people bring awareness to accepting these changes gracefully but there was no real mention of the potent and powerful quality of the mind to turn the points of focus into an obsession and even depression. I also didn't hear anybody reflect on the issues that, women in particular, face relating to how we view ourselves. It's a horrible conditioning process for women. What we even consider "hideous" about our looks has been conditioned into us that way. If we were more embodied as fully human and not objectified as much as we have been, the normal aging process could be normal and even beautiful and "different". After reading these posts last night, I woke up with this in my head, "What am I creating?". It seems to me that in addition to some physical changes ( I am for some of these, so don't get me wrong. I would like to be healthy as long as I can.) what is going to make the biggest difference in this issue for me is to begin to identify myself more with what I am creating at this stage of my life, as opposed to all the things I perceive I am losing (or have lost). I just wanted to throw these concepts out here in order to hear some responses. I appreciate hearing people's comments and the dialogue did prompt me to set up an appointment with my doctor for getting some blood work done to see where my hormone levels are at.
Hi ladies, I just wanted to drop in to say I think you're a trooper T_M_Q. I can't see that you are doing anything 'wrong" and appear to be doing everything right. It has to be related to the collagen depletion in your (very young) case as your hormone levels will ensure that the subcutaneous fat loss that is causing it in past-meno women, is not happening to you.

There appears to be much logic associated with the theory that incomplete proteins (non-animal proteins) could contribute to collagen depletion, however, it seems to be the inactivity of the fibroblast cells that make collagen that is at  fault here - a symptom of aging. The two things we need to do to regain the tauter skin of youth is to somehow retain (or regain) the subcutaneous fat layer, and get those fibroblasts working again. This is where research is focused. Note that "subcutaneous fat" is not regular fat that increases when hormones wane, more's the pity.

I don't want to personalize this too much and look egotistical, but I have worked myself silly in the past couple of years, trying to find a solution to this issue. My contacts (derms, docs, naturopaths, researchers and pharmacists) all have no clue other than to say, "It's aging."  My medi-spa doc has tried two lasers on me, gratis, and neither worked. She would use any skin tightening procedure like Thermage as she said it would be a waste of time and money. My derm - one of the top in the world and co-inventor of Botox Cosmetic - said he wouldn't recommend anything currently on the market as "you will be disappointed."

I have made up extremely elaborate skincare preparations that are 70% + actives, unlike the products commonly purchased, which are usually 5% actives or less. They did not work after a year of daily use. These were laced with carnosine (an anti-glycation agent) and I also take 1000mg carnosine daily. (For those who don't know, glycation is the means by which our bodies age. It is caused by the cross-linking of proteins, causing stiffness and loss of elasticity. Glycation is caused by the attachment of a sugar to a protein and is the same process as the browning of meats when cooked.)

I have been on estriol for close to ten years, progesterone too. I have applied the estriol directly to the arms.  I am 5' 8" tall and weight 126 pounds. I work out with weights and get 7 hours sleep. My food is typically 70% raw with green smoothies, and I take Protein Greens with green pea protein to pad out my protein intake. I take a raft of supplements that support collagen and elastin. My facial skin is like that of a 35 year-old and yet I continue to have the arms of a 75-year-old when bent or twisted a little. Also, now there is a little sagging in the underarm area, which means no T-shirts or anything short sleeved.

My latest efforts are focusing on altering gene expression - hopefully creating more collagen - through specific supplements such as astragalus, and AC-11, which has a lot of research behind it in terms of DNA repair. However, this could be too little, too late. There are some studies showing that collagen ingestion (a specific form of collagen) can help but I've been taking NeoCell for a while, to no avail.

As some of you know, I have a blog covering all of this journey. I'm just moving it over to Wordpress and making some changes, focusing more on the science of youth extension. (I HATE the term anti-aging. We should embrace aging - just not sagging  arms, lol!) I don't sell anything so feel free to visit.

Shakti-ma: Beautifully put! I've tried this - meditating - welcoming this wonderful and creative stage of my life. Looking forward to being a grandma one day. But I'd much rather do it with firm arms.  Not being facetious here, I truly appreciate your words and thank you for them. "Vanity, thy name is woman" or whatever the expression is. I think for me it's the really obvious difference between my face and my arms...it's like my head on someone else's body and an obvious desconnect. I volunteer for a certain group and I sometimes ask myself how I can possibly be so awful as to be concerned about the appearance of my arms when these souls cannot even USE theirs...then I get home, look in the mirror and shiver.

First of all, I resent the comment that your skin looks like that of a 60 year old woman.  I'm 59 and have no wrinkles on my arms and neither do most of my friends who are all about the same age.  Your comment sounds as if you think that 60 is old.  You must know some pretty sorry 60 year olds.  I don't know why you are experiencing this----perhaps it's genetics and there isn't a thing you can do about it.  Whatever the case, you should be careful about who you're calling old-----"you aren't any spring chicken yourself".
Cant beleive I've found you all! I', 46, a fitness instructor, thin, very muscular and active - I cannot even look in the mirror! I eat clean and it is so depressing that i do everything a person is supposed to do and it no longer works! I went from having an envious body to hiding my arms, legs and abs. I suddenly need a tummy tuck. arm surgery , and a lower bodyt tuck - pray every day for some money to come it to cover this.  This is not fair.  I am ashamed, embarrassed and depressed/ summer used to be my favorite time of the year/ I am tired of hiding. I am used to feeling beautiful n- I work so hard at this.  I now teach classes in long sleeves ( how weird it is). I am dating a person who is seeing me go through this and it is aweful.... help.
Does anyone know if anyone makes designer pull on sleeves?.  Since they have fingerless gloves to hide the hands, why not have bring into the market a pull on sleeve?  I've noticed that almost all evening dresses are strapless, or sleeveless, now wouldn't it be nice to have a sleeve in silk or lace that shows the arm slightly but camouflages that saggy look.
I know what you mean try a shrug they are light and short sleeves and will go over all our sundresses.
Bless all of you.  I finally feel there are others out there who know exactly how I feel.  I am 59, in great shape, 117 at 5"3" but my arms are a huge problem for me.  It never occured to me that menopause could be the problem.  I will not wear anything sleeveless which is a big problem since I live in So Cal.  None of my friends are fighting the same issue.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  I am desperate for something that will ease this emotional pain.  Thanks.
I have bought several of these lighter fabric pull-ons on Etsy... just search under "armwarmers." A lot of woolly numbers will come up but also some very lovely ones!  Also, on Forever 21.com I found some absolutely gorgeous fine cardigans that look like pantihose material, they are so fine and transparent. They are lightly clingy as well and come in various pretty colours. Every now and then, they come up for about $7.99 each and you have to move fast.

Just added another supplement to the arsenal - a TA-65 knockoff and will be posting about that as soon as my Wordpress move is finished.

Shellbell...welcome to the crowd, lol...as far as I can see here and in private emails and blog comments, it's only us slim ladies who have the problem. As I wrote previously, the primary issues seem to be a loss of elasticity combined with the hormone-related loss of subcutaneous fat. The loss of elasticity occurs all over, but since the fat loss (which is different from the "regular" fat that our plumper friends have) seems more marked in the arms, this is why we get the sagging.

I have tried two laser treatments that haven't worked worth a darn because laser treatments don't replace lost subcutaneous fat. Dr. Loren Pickart seems to think copper peptides do this, but I have tried those too, over a period of many months, and no change.

Keep the faith!
I looked up the arm warmers and they look like they would help . It's hard to imagine the weight and texture of the items on line, but for summer I would need the lightest material possible.  
I have never seen them around here.  What department of a store would I look for them?

Aprox. what price do they run at?

Have you ever used one?  Just curious do they stay up on the arm, or do they slip down too easily?
Hi there...here's the link to one of the pairs I bought:  http://www.etsy.com/transaction/25701736 They do require the occasional repositioning. The nice thing is they leave the underarms free so that you can feel cooler. I'm in love with the very fine cardies.
Oops, forgot that Etsy doesn't chow price of purchased products: I paid $18 or under.
Hi, Hope all is well.  You seem to be have been doing alot of research and i want to thank you for sharing your path and results.  Many of us have no idea what to do or cannot afford all of these treatments.  Pls tell me - is there actually anything that has helped? I miss the freedom of having firm skin. Getting dresses is becoming awful. nothing fits correctly - I envy all those women simply for wearing a tnk and shorts. Also, I have not been able to access the blog mentioned above - down for maintenance?
I can really relate to that statement "I miss the freedom..." What a perfect way to describe it!

No, so far nothing has happened of a positive nature despite a combination of internal and external science (and the combination of those). It's hugely frustrating. My arms really don't match the rest of me and are a constant, nagging reminder of the march of time.

My blog is being transferred to Wordpress and it is taking forever but there will be some good changes and a lot more science behind youthfulness, youth extension and beauty. Lots of arm stuff too, when I put it back up. That might come after the relaunch but I will make sure it comes first.

Someone here mentioned the Ulthera treatment and I have checked with a local doc at a medi-spa, whom I know quite well. She is currently waiting to see the results on a loose abdomen. While she says it is considerably better than Thermage for tightening facial skin, she has not yet been able to test it on arms. I've had other laser treatments and they sadly did NOTHING.  Keep the faith! R.

Many years ago I saw a few women I knew after their menopause and I was shocked at how grey and old they looked...its like the ageing (aging) process accelerates.......thinking that was never going to happen to me..Ive discovered there is nothing you can do about it because its happening to me now. Im 58 and going down kicking and screaming but Im also aware there is a whole industry out there constantly telling us that our bodies are not normal, that ageing (aging) is not normal, its a young world, us older woman are on the back burner, finished, washed up. I watch slim young girls on the treadmills in gyms absolutely gaunt with exercise.  WHY? Why are we women putting up with the dictates of whats normal in fashion and the beauty industry giving us the message on a daily basis that our bodies are disgusting and repulsive and should be hidden away?  I think we should try to maintain were we can, but accept our bodies changes and flaunt ourselves to the world...this is who we are this is what we look like and so suck it up!  Its not US its the media world brainwashing us to believe we are worthless....we should be fighting the media not ourselves...:)
Dr.Helen Pensanti MD has a web site all you girls need to visit
I'm having all the issues that I'm reading about here.  It does seem to have happened to me overnight. Could it just be aging?  If so, I think I'll probably have to see a shrink to start accepting it.    
Because I am so depressed about the way I look I decided to  Google 'wrinkled arms', hoping to God I was going to find a solution for my crepe skin.     Now I am really depressed!    Yet as the same time happy to see that it's not just me going through this at age 48.  What they say is true, "misery loves company".  
Like everyone else I decided I was going to bust my *** in toning up my arms and legs, so I can look good in a tank top, but now my arms look like that of an 80 yr. old woman.  
I have taken Cipro many times  in the past due to sinus and throat infections.  I am on thyroid medicine for the past 5 years.  I have always drank tons and tons of water every day, don't drink anything else, so I know for a fact that staying hydrated and drinking lots of water plumps the skin is a myth.  
I have 3 older sisters and none of them have this on their arms..and what's even more depressing then my arms is my cleavage!!!  My cleavage looks worse then my arms, so wrinkled and crepe looking. I am married 30 years, my  husband works in Manhattan NY, he sees all these young gorgeous women..I hate for him to come home and see my aging ugly arm and cleavage, At age 48 I can't even  try to dress sexy!
Not to toot my own horn, but I was always young looking and attractive, I would notice guys younger then me checking me out..WELL NOT ANYMORE!!!!    Come on ladies, you have to admit..it's nice to know that other men like to look at you.  
I too look in the mirror every night for like an hour and then go to bed all depressed and ready to cry.      
I find myself checking out other people's arms and getting jealous.
Hang in there, Agehater. I hear you loud and clear. Please don't allow your arms to win over your mind. If you believe you are beautiful then you are as the world mirrors back to us what it sees. I just started taking the equivalent of TA-65 and will be reporting on that. However, I don't hold out much hope. I've tried practically everything except Ulthera. Here's a post for you: http://middle-ageless.com/?p=195  With the TA-65, some people or their doctors have reported thicker skin but whether this translates to fewer wrinkles and sags remains a mystery. A lady I know has MS and can no longer hug her grandchildren. I try to think about her when I look in the mirror and be grateful that I have working arms but it is still very upsetting to see that one part of your body looks decades older than the rest.
I left out that I too have three older sister - by 17 years, 20 years and 21 years...that puts them in their 70s - 80s and not one of them has crepey arms. All are much plumper than I am though.
Dr. Pensanti's site is selling natural hormone creams. A lot of us, including myself, have been using BHRT for over a decade. In my case I apply both my progesterone cream and estriol directly to my arms. This therapy has done nothing to improve my arms - nada. I've never had a meno symptom so perhaps it has helped there but absolutely no effect at all on the arms. Same for two girlfriends (both slim and gym-rats).  
I have read all the comments here because I am having this same arm problem! I know mine is related to my thyroid condition and I have noticed that quite of few of the posters have thyroid conditions. Since the onset of these problems is so fast and specific to each individual it has to be related to something that is destroying this tissue - either a virus or bacteria or our own immune system! My old thyroid doctor who is deceased now explained it to me a long time ago because at 50 my right arm started hurting like needles in my bicep muscle when my thyroid was low. He said that my immune system was attacking that arm muscle because my low thyroid condition was making my killer cells out of balance and that was just where they had decided to attack. After he started me on Armour it improved but still hurts when I miss my meds.  That arm  is much worse now than the other arm although both have gotten noticeably worse in the last week!  SOMEHOW all of this is related to the low thyroid.  
I have been taking synthroid for years and I am 58. I have always had good skin and just this year within a few months I have sagging everywhere. I have asked my doctor a million times about the armour thyroid meds...he refuses to perscribe them..swears they are not safe. however, after taking a 1mcg and .33 mcg a day I sitll have all the symptoms of someone underactive. I do not believe that they are working. can you tell me about your armour thyroid and if there is another that can give you both the hormones needs. thanks!!
Ladies,

I'm sad to say that I can join your club. I'm a 46-year-old man, tall, sinewy and active. I have very little grey hair, and the muscularity of my 20-year-old self, so I look younger than my age - but my arms and neck look decades older. And although I have a full head of hair, it started to fall out and thin about the same time the crepey skin arrived overnight, a year or so ago.

I doubt it's lack of protein. I'm a dedicated carnivore, and eat meat at least once a day, and usually eat a couple of eggs for breakfast. I eat plenty of veg, too. But I have a long history of food allergies, so I suspect something is amiss with my digestion that is in turn switching on/off some hormones. I think my grandmother may have had the same condition: she was remarkably wrinkled from her fifties onward. She was also one of my favourite people in the world, and died at 92, so crepey skin doesn't need to affect your lovability or your longevity, even while it's playing hell with your vanity.

I don't like the look of my skin, but I can appreciate that it's not as devastating to me as to a woman - particularly a young woman. My impression is that my personal crepeness has waxed and waned, for reasons I can't explain. That suggests that the skin can repair itself, at least to a degree, and I'm determined to find out how. I don't like the thought of any piece of me aging before it has to.

Matt
Cheryl, Armour provides a letter that you can take to your physician. Have you tried that? My sister has been taking Armour for ten years and swears by it over the synthetics. Her doc also refused so she asked the locum when the doc was away, showed her the letter, and got on Armour. She is 77 this year and has no sign of the sagging or pitting that I have at 17 years younger. (Nor has she ever but she is plumper than I.)

Matt, good to hear from a guy, although for the "wrong reasons"!  I've always thought this to be a female thing, so I'm surprised. Have you spoken to a naturopath? They are usually excellent at pinpointing food-related allergies or sensitivities.
Thanks for the etsy site.  I made it to the Country Club before I checked out your link.  I wore a sleeveless dress with a little black dainty bolero over it and it looked fine.   I'm grateful I had something because the AC was on too high and I was freezing.  Most of the wedding guests were younger and wore strapless and short dresses.  That's out for me.  

Now that it's over and done with, I'm going to keep an eye out for basic suitable clothing so next time I'm not without at the last minute.  I'll even look into getting an etsy or a shrug.  
I'll keep working out because let me tell you, when I quit it looked even worse.  My arms are really boney and thin, so imagine sag on spaghetti arms?
Your comments are so similar to my situation. I'm a 61-year old Canadian woman, fair skin, in good shape, 5'8" and 133 pounds. Work out 3 times per week with weights. Sagging skin on upper arms is really frustrating. I have dozens of creams which I slather on, but nothing makes any difference at all. I have been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) for 15 years. I have got lots of sun over my lifetime so that's probably partly the reason. It is so embarrassing to go to aerobics class and be as good as anyone in the room, even the 20 somethings, but have to endure the sagging upper arms. My dermatologist told me that nothing topical will help with this; anything that might work has to be ingested.
I am 54 and my upper arms have become progressively looser and saggier to an alarming degree over the past 5 years. I'm thin (100lbs), 5'6", go to the gym regularly and have done so for the past 13 years. It's so depressing, even t-shirts scare me (just above the elbow is as far as I go, including during heat waves.
I also suffer from a connective tissue disorder called Ehler's Danlos syndrome, and in addition to hypermobility (constant joint dislocations) one of the symptoms is hyper-elastic (loose) skin. I can't tell where normal deterioration stops and Ehler's Danlos begins. It used to be my most exotic daignosis and I was rather proud of it (named after a Malaysian circus troupe of contortionists), in as much as one can be proud of any disorder--!
Does anyone out there have any experience with this? Would I look just as hopeless just from being 54? (50 wasn't much better) or is it even worse than usual?
Overall, I don't look my age, and have dark hair that I've never dyed in my life. It's just the skin thing. Loose, dry, awful.
I'm reading a book about aging and it seems that an aging or over excercised body goes from an anabolic state to a catabolic state which then increases cortisol levels, decreases testosterone in both men and women and also decreases the ratio's between these and DHEA levels.  When cortisol goes up, these come down and result in the breakdown of bone and muscles which become softer and have less tone despite increased exercise.

This might explain our flabby arms.
I still haven't read the solution, but apparently one has to change the body's catabolic state back to an anabolic state and the book claims it can be done.  
In March I had to have IV Levaquin in the ER. Since then, I have a lump where the IV was and my doc says it is a permanent scar. I also developed crepey arms and neck. Does anyone have red palms and fingers? They feel hot. I had none of this before the levaquin.
On youtube there is a video called Free cure for gray hair and sagging breast by Paul8kangas. This has changed my life.It takes 3 months to work its simply copper and zinc.I was already taken a vitamin with them in it but I seen no change until I stop that vitamin and started taking the copper and zinc by them selves. Almost immediately I saw a difference.My breast were not sagging but the backs of my arms were. I'm seeing the skin tighten and the redness on my face is completely  gone.I have put this on several other web sites hoping others will benefit.Please remember it takes 3 months to work.
I've been taking Carnosine for a few weeks and am hoping it will help get rid of the wrinkling on my inner upper arms near my underarms. I exercise and eat a mostly raw vegan diet, and am looking for ways to get rid of the wrinkling.

I discovered the Carnosine in the online store of Gabriel Cousens, a physician and author. It's one of 22 supplements that he most recommends. I'm also taking his Nano Green Tea and his Poptosin. These three are all supposed to reverse the affects of aging. I sure hope they help!
hi, I think how you age depends on life time sun exposure, weight, food intake smoking. I am 50 and  my skin looks great. I have a 26 year old son and when we go out people think we are a couple (much to his horror) I have no age spots, a few wrinkles and nice even skin tone. I have also avoided the sun all my life and never smoked. Both my sisters spent time in the sun and one smoked for 14 years and they have age spots and crepe skin and all kinds of lines. We are only a few  years apart and one is 2 years younger. Also I live in a humid state and this probably helps. My sister lives in Arizona and really looks old. I attribute this to the dry air. I know the ax is gonna fall on me some day but for now I thank GOD I was never a sun worshipper!
A hot dry climate does not help the skin look dewy at all.    It's very much like winter heating which strips the air of moisture and leaves us with dry skin and unmanagable dry hair.  My mom lived by the lake, so when I use to visit her in the summer, my lines and wrinkles would disappear after a couple of days, so humidity does help a lot.  Unfortunately I do not get this same effect from a vaporizer or humidifier but it definitely does help.

Too, we must not forget that an older woman's skin does not hold unto water and moisture like younger women so we must keep well hydrated from the inside out.  
I believe  not only the face suffers but the body as a whole and that includes our hands and yes, out sagging arms although there are other factors involved as well..  It is said to look at a woman's hand's and you'll be able to guess her age.  
Hi! I'm about to turn 38 and a couple months ago I too developed sudden crepey skin on both forearms.  So depressing! I've tried drinking more water and it seemed to help a little.  I wonder if this is an auto immune thing that is attacking the collagen.  I pray that I'm not going into menopause at this age.  
It's somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one going through this, but discouraging that there really doesn't seem to be an answer to this problem.  I'm scheduled to see a dermatologist soon.  Will keep you posted!
Hi Ladies,
It was so good to see all of your posts and know that I am not losing it.  I am 45, work out 5 times a week and was always so proud of my legs.  Not an ounce of fat to be found and would literally get comments (until about 6 mo ago) from perfect strangers.  I was at the beach on vacation about 3 months ago and looked down at my thighs - the tops had started to wrinkle and crepe - like the skin was thinning.  Now I am starting to notice it on the elbows, etc.  I went to the doc and it turns out I have absolutely no ESTROGEN.  I am about to start some natural hormones and will keep everyone posted.  The two doctors I have seen say if you catch it early enough, it will help reverse.  Apparently - according to these docs, we are all in this hormone (Estrogen and Progesterone decline) years before our periods stop so the ball is in motion.  I too have had my hair thin into about a quarter of what it was in the last 2 years not having any idea what was causing it.  HORMONES.  Even if you still have your period, they can be out of whack.  Also, I talked to my mother about this and her hair grew back 10 fold with no facial hair, etc. after a short stent of hormone repalcements.  Fingers crossed.  I am about to go mental myself at this point b/c like some of you ladies said above  - we all worked really hard to look good and now this!  Good luck!! Hugs to all!!
Another note - totally forgot about the sudden sagging around the knees.  All I can say is that these "deficiencies" start in your 30's.  Get your hormones tested.  My step mother went through an early menopause (but 10 years of peri and didn't know it).  She finally found a good doc at 48 that still took a year to get her natural (compound) hormones adjusted.  She is now 60 and doesn't look like she has aged in 10 years.  I will warn everyone that it's so hard to find a doc that knows what they are doing with this.  Low Progesterone vs. High Estrogen and throw a few other hormones in there - it's always a surprise and takes time.  Right now I am just trying to avoid looking at my body too closely and saying "you have got to be kidding me" while I find a solution!  It's a terrible feeling but hang in there.  The research is confusing for thyroid, hormone, menopause, peri, etc.  Keep forcing your doc to research it - don't be shy.  There is only one YOU!  Best of Luck!! Susan
I lost 60 pounds during perimenopause, and had loose skin.

I started weight lifting (for the first time in my life) and the skin everywhere tightened up. The more muscle, the smoother the skin.

(Try looking up 70+ and 80+ year old women bodybuilders on YouTube. They look firm and tight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqev-P-ZPQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAUQd1xfyPs)

You don't have to grow large muscles though - but weight lifting is a must to avoid bone loss, keep your skin healthy and keep your hormones healthier.

Weight lifting also makes your skin thicker!

I also used copper peptides on my skin - which I believe helped the skin become thicker.

I'm very interested in the research of Beth Rosenshein in her book, Prevent Menopause. I first came across her when I started thinking that menopause isn't really 'natural'.
Many decades ago, women died a lot earlier in life, and had a lot more children (some were either breastfeeding or pregnant (or both) all their fertile years) They didn't have the exposure to estrogen that women today have.
Many would never have even experienced menopause, as they died around the age of 50.
I do believe that more research is needed - to replace hormones with bio-identical hormones so that menopause either doesn't happen, or that the negative changes of menopause don't happen.

There can be a lot worse that wrinkly skin - vaginal atrophy is one condition common to women after menopause. It shortens and dries up. Bio-identical hormones can prevent this. (Even dhea cream in the vagina helps a lot)

There's also research by scientists into suppressing the bax protein, so that menopause doesn't happen. And lots of research into how we can keep our egg reserves so that menopause doesn't happen.
(It would be great to not be able to get pregnant past 50, but be able to avoid menopause.)

With each passing year, babies have the chance to live longer and longer. Our bodies haven't caught up with the sharp increase in longevity. In the future, if women live to 100, we'll be spending half our lives menopausal!

I don't believe we should just quietly accept changes we don't want. There are alternatives and we should be pushing for them.
I can't believe that so many of you are going through the same misery that I AM! I went from HOT to NOT in a matter of what seemed like three days. Now, I am PETRIFIED most times to leave my house for fears of running into someone I know (knew) in my HOT days. My face and body aged 10 years overnight --- I am at my wits end most days and wonder "how can it GET worse from here" and what the heck am I gonna look like in 10 years!?? HELP!
HI, I am 52, I am too suffering with the creepy sagging skin, it seems it has hit all at once.  I dread when I go out in sleevless shirts or tshirts.  I feel everyone notices...has anyone found anything that helps. I am freaking out about this, seems to be getting worse daily.
you arent on a low-carb diet are you? I went on low-carbs and was losing a fist full a day! Got off the low-carb diet and a hardly lose any.
Ladies, I've been away, just got back and see a few PMs. If I haven't answered you, please don't think I'm being rude.  I'll get to it very soon (tons of work awaiting me :( )  I haven't anything staggering to report re arm skin. I'm using a DNA repair product (Cosmesis, containing the telomerase-encouraging teprenone) to which I have added the raw ingredient, teprenone for enhanced response. This won't be a short-term fix, if it's any fix at all...I'll keep everyone briefed.
What a fascinating post! I will read that book for sure. Thank you :)
Ladies just saw your posts regarding sagging skin.  I am 57 and use to be firm, but when I turned about 52 or 53 my legs and arms got extremely sagging , and now I have a muffin top to deal with.  It is very depressing and I have been on Bio Identical hormones for about 4-5 years and it has made no difference at all.  I think it is genetic as my mother has extremley poor skin quality and we both spent time in the sun as young women.  My mom as a lifeguard when we were kids and myself as a competitive swimmer for 8 years; before suntan products!  Sorry to be such a bummer, but thought I would share that.  I did call into a XM radio program with plastic surgeons to discuss this issue and they said there are really only two solutions; 1) learn to love it and live with it 2) surgery.  mml
Carolyn Cleaves of Carolyn's Facial Fitness gave me this tip for papery skin on the arms.  You just place your thumb underneath your wrist and your fingers on top of your wrist, and very firmly slide the thumb and the fingers all the way up the arm, starting at the wrist.  

I'm 66 and was free of this papery-skin thing until I hit 65.  I've been doing the above for about five months consistently and am seeing results.  As you can see, it takes time, so you need to be consistent.  You need to be wearing something sleeveless or short-sleeved, so that you're impacting directly on the skin.  I do the massage about ten times on each arm, but I think more would be better, so that's what I'm going to do from now on.

I was hoping this would tighten up the loose, jiggly underarm skin at the same time, but it hasn't.  I've not been very consistent with arm exercises, and I see from some of the above posts that many of you have worked out for years and still have the jiggles.  I will continue with the exercises (I use a resistance-band), but my next tack is to pinch the loose skin vigorously at least once a day for several minutes and see if that helps to tighten it.  I'll also add deep knuckle-massage.  I'll keep at for at least six months before I report back.  I'm determined to beat this if it's humanly possible.    
I really felt alone in this until I found this site.  I am 65 and always looked very young for my age.  The past year I suddenly noticed the wrinkling in the front of my upper arms.  I have the short sleeved dresses and tops to prove that this is a new phenomenon.  Now they are pushed to the back of my closet, replaced by 3/4 sleeved and long sleeved tops.  I, too, notice others when I'm out and see that many women much older than me do not have this happening to their arms.  I live in Florida and long to be able to wear short sleeves and sleeveless tops again.  I'm not a sun worshipper, so I don't attribute this to the sun. Forget about getting into a swimsuit now!  My body is slim and I look good in clothes.  I'm starting to wish I lived in a cold climate so I could wear cold weather clothing all the time!  It was literally like this happened overnight.  I have fibromyalgia and a bad neck, which prevents me from doing weight training for the upper body.  I've tried using 2lb. weights without any noticeable difference other than getting a sore neck, upper back and headache.  I would love to go to the gym and work out like an animal if it meant getting my firm arms back!  
I came across your posts today and was shocked at how many of you describe the crepe paper arms, etc that I have been dealing with.  I had a hysterectomy at age 44 but they left one functioning ovary. I had great skin tone and at age 48, I looked great and was told I had great "gams".  At around age 53 I noticed my skin aging and by age 54, I had what I described as "crepe paper" arms, upper thighs, around my breasts and even my knee caps.  It was shocking to see my skin age so fast and reading up on it I see that it's simply caused by lack of estrogen which causes the skin to lose its elasticity.  I live in FL and am now 59 years old.  I cover my arms as best  I can because they look like my mother's arms when she was in her 70s.  Things like leaning over the sink to wash my hands enhances the crepe look of my chest..I just don't recognize this old looking body anymore.  The latest is the past two years I've developed a chicken neck.  I empathize with all of you who have posted here and it's just nice to be able to share with those of you who are going through the same thing.  A few of you mentioned being on Cipro and connecting it with this conditionn.  I was treated with I.V. Cipro and also Flagyl at age 53 for diverticultis.  I had no clue there was a connection with sagging skin.  I did develop tendonitis from Cipro and no longer take it.  Now I see that it may have contributed to my condition.  I have a sister who is post menopausal at age 55 and she isn't getting this skin sagging.
Hello.  I just completed a third Labor Day where I can no longer wear shorts or sleeveless tops or for that matter short-sleeved tops without feeling miserable and as if I want to burst into tears. I can't even wear knee length dresses over bare legs any more without discomfort because my once slender and well toned calves have turned to mush & no amount of exercise seems to improve things. Like so many of you here, I was always one of those "lucky" ones. I was blessed with good genes, good health, and I worked hard to keep myself slender and in good physical shape.  A couple of years ago, in my mid fifties, all of that went to pieces and I developed, practically overnight, so many of problems that everyone here is talking about.  My skin dried up everywhere. My neck and jawline collapsed.  My formerly smooth, taut knees, elbows, and upper arms developed deep pleats. The shape of my face changed.  The shape of my legs changed.  In less than a year, my arms and hands went from looking like my daughter's to looking like my grandmother's.  There are days when I no longer recognize myself.  Before this happened I was four years into a relatively easy menopause, on low dose HRT and I looked and felt pretty great.  In fact most people were surprised to hear I was past 40.  So what happened?  Like the lady before me and several other people here, I was prescribed a quinolone (FQ) antibiotic called Cipro. (The others in the family are Levaquin and Avelox which I also see mentioned here.) Several days of Cipro for an infection that turned out not to be bacterial at all.   When I realized what had happened to me, I started doing a lot of research and making contact online with the many other people who have been affected by these meds. Doctors are for the most part clueless or in denial about the damage they can do. Based on what happened to me, & as I'm finding out from plenty of other people, I think that for women past 40 in particular  the results can be disastrous.  Particularly for slender women since they are extremely powerful drugs, and they are often given out in large amounts or over and over for things like UTIs and sinus infections. Ladies, check your pharmacy and hospital records to see if and how often you've been given one or more of these drugs either as pills or in an IV and how soon afterward your "sudden" aging problems started.   FQs are now known to cause all sorts of nasty problems, damaging tendons, muscles, skin, and nerves, insomnia, vision and hearing damage, and oh yes, they can also cause hair loss, which I notice several people here also talking about.  The hair does usually grow back, but many of the other problems may be permanent.  The problems can show almost immediately or they can take a few weeks or a few months, which means many people never make the connection. Check your medical records, ladies (and gentlemen), think back to when your problems started, and don't be surprised if you find a connection.  And look online for more information too. There is plenty.  
Attention: Doug at ***@****
I too took Cipro and got Very sick and confused.
The Crinkled skin on my arms is getting bad fast.
I have been under extreme stress - The best I have felt is
when I went to Laughlin Nevada (1 hour South of Las Vegas)
and went swimming in the Clear Clean Colorado river every day.
And rock hunting in the desert.
Very odd that Zero humidity and swimming in the river help the bad skin.
Here in Omaha NE the humidity is not helping the skin problem.
  A Chinese Accupuncture doctor helped my Stress problem
with accupucture for energy, and An Shen Bu Xin (Herbs) for Calm.
  I had weak nerves and stress with loss of energy, And unbalanced
Yin and Yang. But remember the Cipro made me very sick.
Is there any legal suits?

I'm having the same problems as most are on this blog.  I'm 53 and it seems as if almost overnight, my upper arms have developed a crepey appearance.  I was recently on Cipro, which may have very well accelerated the problem.  I have also been on Prednisone, a steroid drug for inflammation, twice this year for a neck surgery I had in January.  For a little over a year now I have been on the generic version of Activella, containing estradiol/norethindrone, to help with hot flashes and night sweats, which have since stopped.  Can any of these drugs be the culprit, or is it just the Cipro?

As others on this site, I have been losing an extraordinary amount of hair over the last few months as well.  I have always been in great shape and my arms have always been firm.  Over the last 8 months I have lost about 10 lbs. by omitting some sugars and starchy foods and using the treadmill on a regular basis, which puts me down to about 96 lbs.  I thought I was trying to make myself healthier by exercising on a regular basis.  Maybe losing so much weight on a small frame has contributed to the problem?  

I have started lifting heavier weights, and I do have bicep muscles when I flex my arms, but when I put my arms straight down by my side, these terrible wrinkles are horridly visible.  I am terribly embarrassed and don't want to avoid sleeveless tops for the rest of my life.   I have gone absolutely absurd buying skin care products, including Gold Bond and many others that were suggested on this site and have seen no improvement whatsoever.  Over the last few weeks I have added collagen, hyaluronic acid and Lutein supplements to my normal regimen and have seen no improvement with any of these either.  This is just plain scary and I really don't want to accept this as "normal" aging if I can stop it.  Are there any doctor's chimed in on this discussion?  I think we all need some serious help with this problem.
Hi!
I will be 61 y/o in Feb. 2012. I have the skin of an 80+ y/o and it happened to me w/ in the past year.( I'VE HAD NUMEROUS  COSMETIC SURGERIES TOO, THROUGHTOUT 3O YRS) I  believe it has to do with my ancestry, the fact that I was overweight in my younger years, too much South Fla Sun,etc.  If your peeps are Azcanazie Jews(sp), It does play ar part in it all ( my hemotologist told me- I had my blood tested)! Do you bruise easily? Are you fair skinned, light eyes? I'm just trying to figure this all out. I'VE BEEN SO FREAKED!
So now I wear long sleeves and pants, and never are out in the Sun. My shins are even wrinkled! But it's just my body, NOT MY MIND! :) I t workout 3-5 times a week, lifting weight, sculpting walk/Jog over 55 miles a week and try to laugh it off-not easy. What else can I do? I'm  approx 5ft 4" and weigh 102-105 1bs. Over the past year, I've lost about 13 lbs. I want to gain weight to see if that is the reason! I'm almost 61, no need to be a size 0-2!
Sorry for the typ-os My bad!
I'm 60 going on 45gh
I'm sorry not to have aswered PMs yet. I am somewhat overwhelmed with work, and some other things happening with friends that make crepiness of the arms seem very minor! I'll get to answering soon. I just wanted to say that this Cipro seems to be nasty. I haven't had this myself but still developed the "weird skin" on my arms.

To date, I have tried many creams, containng many actives, and added many actives myself. I am currently trying Newco's sulphoraphane DNA Repair lotion in the morning and Cosmesis DNA Repair in the evening. I just bought some "raw ingredient" teprenone to add to my creams. Teprenone increases telomerase expression in the DNA, and this prevents aging of the cell. In addition, I am taking AC-11 DNA Repair (Solgar) although I know that the degree of repair is only "up to" 14%.  The main thing for me at the moment is a supplement similar to TA-65 cycloastragenol (which costs $8,000 a year). Mine costs $79 a month. That's still expensive. I will keep you all briefed. I have been on it for almost seven weeks. Some people have noted a thickening of the skin when on cycloastragenol, but I am not sure if this means reduced crepiness. Cycloastragenol is concentrated astragalus plant extract - big in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

One of the more promising laser or laser-like treatments these days is Ulthera. I see there is an 89% approval rating on Real Self. That is very high. However, at present, it is being used primarily on the face, with some doctors experimenting on the tummy and arms. I believe this is largely the back of the arms. I will talk to Dr. Cheng about this when I get back from a trip at the end of October. I want to interview him for an article so it will be a good question to ask! The man is very honest and won't do any procedure where he doesn't feel there will be a tangible/appreciable result. A doctor friend of mine does Ulthera. She says it is amazing for the face and neck but hasn't tried the arms and doesn't seem to want to.

I'm glad the colder weather is on its way. I was sitting in the hair stylists the other day, trying to "arrange" my arms so that they didn't look so freaky in the mirror!  Hands too are looking bony.  Everyone have a super weekend!
Ilene69...I can relate to your post. I'm 54.... have  fair skin...light eyes and I'm  of ashkenazi Jewish descent. I started noticing changes in my skin in my mid 40's but  it got really bad when I turned 50 and lost about 10 pounds due to some health issues. I'm currently the same height and weight as you and have been unable to put the weight back on. I'm blame my saggy crepey skin problems on too much sun in my younger years, early menopause and the weight loss. Interesting that genetics can also play a role.  I've tried exercising and tons of different products So far nothing seems to be helping.The weird thing is the skin on my face and neck is fine...I look 10 years younger than my age as long as my body is covered up.
You go girl! You look about 30 in that pic!
Ilene69...I can relate to your post. I'm 54.... have  fair skin...light eyes and I'm  of ashkenazi Jewish descent. I started noticing changes in my skin in my mid 40's but  it got really bad when I turned 50 and lost about 10 pounds due to some health issues. I'm currently the same height and weight as you and have been unable to put the weight back on. I'm blame my saggy crepey skin problems on too much sun in my younger years, early menopause and the weight loss. Interesting that genetics can also play a role.  I've tried exercising and tons of different products So far nothing seems to be helping.The weird thing is the skin on my face and neck is fine...I look 10 years younger than my age as long as my body is
Has anyone tried pinching the skin on your arms, hands etc?.  On another site they say to pinch the facial skin and it becomes thicker so why not the arms and hands?  Apparently pinching helps to produce collagen and firms things up.  

Rosina, how will you know what works if you are trying more than one product at once?  
By the way your face looks great.  I'm sure your arms  aren't too far behind?
Best of luck on your new product experiment?  Let us know your results.
Viewing 1-200 comments: