Thickening of uterus via U/S x2 then thin-? D&C
I saw my GYN for routine care- no complaints. Confirmation was made via labs Menopause has occured. Ultrasound was done..."just in case". 1st U/S revealed thickening of uterus lining. The 2nd ultrasound (6weeks later) revealed increased thickening. A 3rd U/S (6 weeks later) revealed back to normal. Another interesting tidbit is a cyst on the right ovary is present. This cyst was present in 1993 and noted during a tubal ligation. It has not changed since 1993. The GYN is recommending a D & C with removal of the tube with the cyst. I am concerned with risks of the anesthesia and presence of pain, discomfort for something that does not appear to me to be threatening. I have no symptoms of problems. He states he is treating the ultrasound results. I appreciate any thoughts
A lot of docs will check for endometrial cell changes when a thickening has occured and will head for the surgical route with a D&C to do the biopsy.  Since he's also seemingly concerned about the cyst but, it's not causing you any problems and hasn't grown and you're not uncomfortable with it, BEFORE heading off for surgery, I'd seek out a second opinion first.  It's YOUR body and each doc works differently.  Some are more aggressive and others take a more "watch and see" type of attitude.  

Get a second opinion, then you can decide what you want to do and which doc you want to use.