Menopause Community
Unbalanced

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Unbalanced

I am 51 years old.Am i putting to much down to Menopause. For approx 2 moths i have had this feeling of Dizzyness/being unbalanced. I did have a blood test done and tested positive to menopause/perimenopause (i,m not sure of the difference) At the same time i had a pretty bad sinus infection which i seem to get all the time. I was given the Z pack to take for 5 days which didnt do anything and i ended up in the ER because of severe room spinning episodes which would leave me really nausea's and clammy and with heart palpitations. I was given a 14 day course of Vantin (i,m allergic to penicillin). I have taken most of those but had to discontinue them at about day 10 as i was having dry mouth,blurry vision episodes.Now the severe spinning stopped but i,m left with a fuzzy headed feeling constantly.its like a hang over type feeling. Ive read this could be menopause symptoms but is this really something i,m gonna have to deal with? I get Hot flashes numerous times a day, night sweats at least 4-5 times a night..aching feeling all over, fatigue.I can deal with all of that but not the foggy headed feeling.Its pretty dibilitating.I was given the HRT Prempro 0.45mg/1.5 mg but only took two and stopped. Each time after approx 30 mins my lungs became very tight feeling and my throat would feel tight so ive just decided to try and get through this taking nothing.Im pretty sensitive to alot of meds so dont like switching around and trying things because of side effects. Just to note, the vertigo feelings i have had since the onset of periods when i was 14 but they would be random and not last very long at all, also had quite alot each time i was pregnant so i,m thinking for me it may be hormonal ? Because i havnt always had a sinus infection or ear problems when i get them. I was told one time that my ear drums didnt vibrate? I have had an MRI several years back after a bad episode of spinning and nothing was found except i dont have the sinus cavities above my eyes
So, is this just one of the symptoms of Menopause or is it something more. I also have a pinging sound in my left ear on occasion.
I,m also battling severe shoulder pain right now (left shoulder)(due to my job as a groomer) I just had an MRI and i,m awaiting the results..could that be a cause??? As sometimes the pain goes as far as my neck, shoulder blades ect.This seems a long shot but one never knows how the body works. I do indeed seem like i,m falling apart...lol.Ive always been healthy.I,m 5 ft 5" and weigh 137 pounds.Seems like this past few months have been really hard on me.
I truly feel for you, since menpause packed it in on more over a year ago I have had bad sinus, sore throat, ringing ears, general malaise, light headed, GERD, just feeling rotten. I have seen 3 ET's and it is nothing apparantly with my ears or sinus. I am on BHRT and need to get it fine tuned but I feel better, more energetic, but still have all the other symptoms. Get your hormone levels checked and get some bio identicals. you can get progesterone in cream form over the counter. Make sure it is at least 1000mg per ounce and use 1/4 tsp, morning and night, this helped me the most.
I actually go in for sinus surgery May 3rd.A Ct scan showed chronic sinus infection of the sphenids..hard to get to sinus in the back of your skull. So i feel like most of my symptoms where not Meno related but i guess i'll find out after surgery to clear the sinus It has been something i get every year but this has been the worst one ever and i do put it down to a shift in hormones.Ive had a truly miserable 4 months going back and forth to Docs and ER and finally got some answers...not really what i want to hear (surgery) but at least i know whats going on now instead of second guessing myself.Sinus issues are really horrible because it just effects everything..your throat, breathing, head, ears, chest. I'll be so glad to get this over with.Then i can find out just what Meno symptoms i do or do not have,lol
Hi Unbalanced.  Love your username.  ;)

Don't know anything about the vertigo you're experiencing but thought I'd post because I was just discussing menopausal issues with a woman who works for a Naturopath and works in a supplement shop.  She said that she would wake up several times each night just drenched in sweat.  Had to towel off, change clothes and then go through it again a few hours later. Ugh!  Well, the Naturopath told her to take Vitamin E and she told me that she's never had a problem with night sweats since.  Also, are you taking a good multivitamin?  Some of your symptoms could be due to deficiencies in certain vitamins.  Also, watch your consumption of sodium.  I've read that too much can affect the workings of the inner ear which could cause vertigo/dizziness.  Good luck to you!