Uterine Thickening
I had an pelvic ultrasound done about a month ago which indicated that my uterine lining was 15mm.  A endometrial biopsy was suggested which I had done on 4 days ago on August 19th.  At that time the doctor indicated to me that he did not think it would be cancer or hyperplasia.  The nurse at the physician's office called me today and said everything was normal and benign for cancer and hyperplasia.  On the day of the procedure the doctor had given me a prescription for Provera but told me not to get it filled until after he received the results.  Now, according to the doctor, I don't need to take it.

I was told that I would "bleed off and on" but when questioned for how long, the answer was they couldn't really say.
I am 55 years old and had no periods for 17 months until June, 2008 and again two weeks ago (August 11th, 2008). It was as if I had my periods again, symptoms of cramping and breast soreness and usual length of my periods.
My questions is what would cause the thickening if everything is normal?  I really couldn't get an answer about it.  Any idea how long the bleeding "off and on" will last?  I would like to get someone else's opinion.