Vagina Atrophy?
I am 51 years old and havent had a period now for about 6 mos. I do have the mesh sling since 2010. My question is the inside of my vagina on the left feels like a tampons is fallin out or like there are stitches that need to heal.
My GYN said I need to do kegels and to have regular sex and she also put me on 1gram of estrogen cream to be used twice  weekly. I am wondering if the mesh would be causing this problem or if it is just Vagina atrophy and if anything can be done about this in the way of surgery maybe. I am not overweight . I weigh 130lbs and am 5'4" so I have no weight bearing down on my organs. Old age sure does suck. My GYN has done an exam and said my sling is in place but is there a more thorough test I should have done?
HI,
Decline of female hormones with age causes laxity of tissues and muscles. This can result in laxity in the vagina, gaping of the vagina or even a uterine prolapse. Estrogens and kegel’s exercises will help. Also surgery can be done depending on the type and extent of the problem. Discuss with your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for a quick response. I had a bladder lift 3 years ago but evidentally it is not working well as I can see my bladder and feel it on the left side. :( I work out and I eat right but I guess none of this matters. My GYN has put me on estrogen cream which I am niot fond of ( cancer causing??) I am also doing kegels and yoga. No more jumping for me. As far as another surgery I think my funds are too low . I am going to see a urologist tho for mor advice.
Thank you so much Dr SanjivaniWanjari I take good care of myslef thru healthy clean eatging and exercise  , Bikram Yoga is my exercise of choice now. No jumping and it is so rewarding to know I am detoxifying as I lose weight. I have had an exam with my last pap a couple of weeks ago and my Dr said Ihave no prolapse. I do have the mesh sling so I thought that i had failed to do it's job but I think that aging and gravity is winning this battle. I have been prescribed the estrogen and I have been trying to remember to do my kegels and yes maturbate as sex hasn't ben happening very often. I think that active sex is a big part in staying healthy in the sexual organs more than any medicine out there. Thank you so much for giving me expert advice. :)