Menopause Expert Forum
Vaginal Discharge
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vaginal Discharge

My periods stopped after I started chemo for Stage IIIA breast cancer back in 8/05, when I was 36.  I had one period in 10/06, but otherwise, no bleeding and lots of severe menopause symptoms.  Lately my symptoms have improved, particularly the hot flashes.  For nearly a month now I have been dealing with lots of vaginal discharge, which is clear, not bad-smellling.  It is runny enough to soak my underwear, and it reminds me of the discharge I used to get when I ovulated because it is a little sticky, but this is excessive.

The subsiding (though not entirely) of my menopause symptoms plus this discharge makes me wonder if my body is trying to have periods again?  I have also had a few menstrual-type cramps, but no blood flow.  I am between doctor visits, but since I can't make it through a work day without having to change my underwear, is this enough cause for concern to see a doctor sooner?  Thank you.