Aa
A
A
Close
4678108 tn?1367764065
Weight Gain problem like everyone else :/
Hi Ladies... Well I have read a lot of the posts and we are all in the same boat BUT I didn't ready any
solutions!!! :(((( I have been in pre-menopause for 4-5years. I have gained 30 pounds sadly and it can
still climb!! I am dieting and even exercising like never before and NOTHING!! I have not lost 1 pound!!!
It is very depressing!!!! I see the posts date back to years ago... Has anyone found a solution.. does this
eventually stop??? I have a closet full of clothes that I cannot wear but I don't want to throw them away!!
I also do NOT want to go clothes shopping... so, what to do,, what to do??? Right now I am doing Nutrisystem
just so I don't gain anymore weight eating regular food!!! It is very embarrassing to be this way and yet..
I can't do a darn thing about it!!!! It's crazy!!!!! Sadly spring is finally here and I don't even want to go outside!!
I have never heard of something like this and it is nice to see that I am not alone!!!!
I had blood work done and it is not my thyroids!!! Oh, I have been on Amberen and it doesn't seem to be helping! :(
So.. if anyone has any answers or advice.. PLEASE HELLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello, Do you know how many calories you need to lose weight?  I too have gained about 30 pounds slowly over the past five years.  That is when I began having peri symptoms.  A few months ago I learned I have hypothyroid, so while that accounts for perhaps 10-15 pounds, it doesn't account for the other 15-20.  Our metabolism slows down about 10% each decade so some say one should cut back about 100 calories per day per decade.  Also, for me, to lose weight with a sluggish thyroid, I have to cut back a little more.  For example, if I consumed 2000 cals/day at age 20, now, at almost 50, 1700 is my target intake just to maintain.  To lose, I have to cut back more than that, another 500 cals/day to lose one pound a week.  For me to lose, I have to consistently consume 1200 cals/day over a long period of time to see a difference.  I am not in a hurry to lose weight, as I'm not overweight even with the weight gain, so I take in about 1500 cals/day and would love to just lose a couple pounds each month.  I'm not sure if any of this is helpful for you, but wanted to share my experience and approach I am taking.  Good luck!

PS-Try to be gentle with yourself.  I know weight causes so much anxiety, but we should try to not let it get the better of us, causing us such grief and as you say, embarrassment.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
Blank
old_before_my_time