Menopause Expert Forum
Weight Gain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weight Gain

Hi, I'm 42 yrs old and had a total hysterectomy this past March, due to Fibroids and Cysts on my Overies.  My Doctor put me on the Patch Clamaria while still in the hospital.  After about 4 months I noticed a weight gain of about 15 pounds.  I begain walking swimming riding my bike, exercising more than I had probably done in years....on the average of 4 to 5 days a week, at least an hour a day.  I was also watching VERY closely what I was eating, and no weight loss at all.   I also felt very strange, just not myself, tired ALL the time.  My doctor has recent switched me over to Premarin 0.625mg to see if I do any better on this......Can you tell me if the patch would cause any type of side effect like I discribed above.  And does Premarin, have any such types of side effects.
My Doctor advised me he did believe the weight gain could be from the Patch!!!
Thank you for your time.