Menopause Community
Weird symptoms...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Weird symptoms...

Hi all, so supposedly I'm in menopause. But because I also have anxiety attacks I never know if the hot flashes and tingling are menopause or anxiety..well, if there is not associated panic with them, then they are menopause.

Today I am sweating all day even behind my knees! off and on throughout the day inside in an air conditioned house! But I feel the heat rising up my body and up my chest and then up my face and my arms go all tingly and my face goes tingly and I feel like a quick gasp in my chest and then I feel the heat!

Oh, and I got my period today so it is strange that I am getting these hot flashes isn't it?
The heat started last Friday every night in bed , then Tuesday I got my period....

the other symptom that I would like to ask if it is menopause or not is that I am SLEEPING all the time!
this morning got up at 7:30 and went back to sleep until 9:30 then again 1pm-4pom and after supper 6pm-8pm. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.
any connection to the menopause.
I am lucky i cna do this right now, but am going back to work soon......

thanks all !

My strange symptom though
I am wondering why you say you are in menopause, you have a period now, when was your last one?  You could be in perimenopause.  Typically they say you have to go a year without a period to be officially in menopause.  
   As for the hot flashes, I also get very weird feelings before the heat comes.  Mostly of dread or something horrible coming, I hate it.  I have heard other women get a faint feeling.  I can't help you out with the sleeping part, I have had chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosed for 15 years now and have been tired all my life.  Someone else can answer that part for you.  I haven't heard the tired part as a symptom of menopause.  Hope you can stay awake at work.
Something to try...
First, I know exactly the feeling you're describing--I thought I was losing my mind until my dr. explained it to me. Here's what I've found helpful:
My son (7) suffers from anxiety disorder, and was working with a Psych to help him control it--I refused to put him on any meds, so they used "natural" techniques. (Mind you, this is at one of the best hospitals in the country, so it's not quacky stuff.) Anyway, one of his "tools" for this is some particular breathing techniques. Interestingly, I've found that as I've helped my son practice these techniques, they've been very, very helpful for me as far as anxiety and yes, hot flashes. I also have some friends that swear by certain (not all) forms of yoga--only ones that really emphasize breathing. Satyananda yoga (sp?) is supposed to be good for menopause, I've been told.
If you still have periods then you aren't in menopause yet.  The symptoms you describe including the heat, anxiety and sleeping all sound like perimenopause.  You should probably see a doctor to make sure there isn't something else going on such as thyroid problems.

If it's hormone related you can try different things including daily exercise. I've found that eating soy daily, avoiding meat or dairy that has been fed hormones, avoiding alcohol and caffeine, eating fresh fruits and veggies and taking supplements such as omega 3 fish oil, vit C, magnesium and vit E have been very helpful for my symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon and try not to stress about it. If it's perimenopause it won't last forever (though I've been in it for several years now and it's getting old).