Menopause Expert Forum
What is disordered proliferative endometrium

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

I received some test results back stating that My final diagnosis from an endometrium biopsy was Disordered Proliferative Endometrium. What exactly is that and what are my chances of having children? Could this be a reason why I've never had children. Please help me!!
Proliferative endometrium is the lining of the uterus before ovulation. It just means the person hasn't ovulated. That can be treated with medication to enhance fertility such as clomiphene or gonadotropins. The best thing to do is see a fertility expert near you and get some blood testing done (and have your partner checked for a sperm count). Your lining problem is usually one that can be corrected by a number of approaches.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD