Menopause Community
What is normal post menopausal discharge?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I saw a uro-gynecologist recently after months of treatment with my regular GYN. Was having persistent vulvar burning, BV (according to my GYN) and UTI's.  Finally I decided to see a specialist and he told me that the discharge I have is "normal post menopausal discharge" not BV.  I had always questioned whether I had BV since I didn't have the classic profuse smelly discharge.  Just a little clear, glossy odorless discharge on occasion.  It wouldn't even reach my panties but I could see it when I would pat the vaginal area with toilet paper when I peed.  But my old GYN did a test each time I visited her for months and called the next day to say I needed to be on more meds for BV and to come back in 3 weeks.  This new URO-GYN seems to think it was just normal.   So, my question is "what is normal post menopausal discharge"?  

PS:  I was diagnosed by the URO-GYN with Vulvar Vestibulitis that was causing the burning.  And my GYN and regular urologist diagnosed three UTI's this year.  Ugh!  I read that UTI's become more common after menopause.  
I really do not know what is "normal" I think each person is different. If it does not have an offensive odor and is clear, I would say it was nothing to worry about.

I think that menopause makes our immune system a little more compromised, therefore, bringing on more infections. Have you tried drinking pure, cranberry juice, sometimes this can do wonders with your type of infection.