Menopause Community
What is the full name of CES?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

What is the full name of CES?

In Canada, after many years of taking Premarin, my doctor replaced this prescription with something labeled CES on the label.  He told me that CES was a synthetic form of estrogen.  Now that I've moved to Mexico, my doctor here doesn't know what I'm talking about and has put me back on Premarin, which is very expensive here.  Can anyone tell me what the full name of CES is and/or where I can find more information about it?  Thanks so much!
I googled it and fund lots of links...heres a little info but still doeant really give it another name.

How does C.E.S. work? What will it do for me?
Conjugated estrogens belong to the class of medications known as estrogen replacement therapy. Estrogen is a female hormone that is produced by the ovaries. Once menopause is reached, the ovaries produce less estrogen and symptoms of menopause can occur.

Conjugated estrogen is an estrogen replacement hormone used for the management of menopausal symptoms such as abnormal uterine bleeding (spotting), hot flashes, sweating, and chills. It is also used by women to prevent and treat osteoporosis, in cases where non-estrogen medications have already been considered. It is used to replace estrogen hormones in situations where the body can no longer produce estrogen. It is also used to treat a condition where the tissues of the vagina become weak (vaginal atrophy or atrophic vaginitis).

I don't know what CES is but there is a synthetic conjugated estrogen called Cenestin. Maybe that could be it?? There are also other options besides Premarin that you could look for that may be less expensive. Enjuvia is another option. YOu could also try other delivery systems besides oral estrogen - patches (although in Mexico may not be the best option), a spray or topical creams or gels. Hope this helps
Thanks for your response.  I don't think that's it, but I'll certainly check it out.  Creams, etc. have not worked in the past, but maybe things have changed.  I've been in menopause for 14 years!  Getting pretty fed up with it all.

Wow!  Thanks so much!  I used Yahoo Search to look for this, but I guess I should have used Google.