Menopause Expert Forum
Why doesn't Prometrium work with me?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why doesn't Prometrium work with me?

To make a long story short, I'm a 54 yo perimenopausal female with a long hx of DUB. I had my third D&C 2 months ago and I'm trying Prometrium AGAIN to regulate my periods.  I finished Prometrium 4 weeks ago but did not experience any withdrawal bleeding. Then 8 days ago the bleeding started and has not quit yet...here we go again.  This pattern has happened before and the bleeding drags on and on and can get quite heavy. I do not have any hyperplasia or polyps. I have a few fibroids but they are the size of little marbles (and who doesn't have fibroids?) What would my options be right now?  I don't want anything with estrogen (I have a hx of a TIA)