Why doesn't Prometrium work with me?
To make a long story short, I'm a 54 yo perimenopausal female with a long hx of DUB. I had my third D&C 2 months ago and I'm trying Prometrium AGAIN to regulate my periods.  I finished Prometrium 4 weeks ago but did not experience any withdrawal bleeding. Then 8 days ago the bleeding started and has not quit yet...here we go again.  This pattern has happened before and the bleeding drags on and on and can get quite heavy. I do not have any hyperplasia or polyps. I have a few fibroids but they are the size of little marbles (and who doesn't have fibroids?) What would my options be right now?  I don't want anything with estrogen (I have a hx of a TIA)
A. Perimenopausal bleeding can be a real nuisance for women and it sounds like your situation is no exception.  And nobody wants to have multiple D&C
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.