breast discomfort
For a few months now I have had symptoms in my breasts like the ones you have when your pregnant.  Swelling, soreness, tenderness.  I was told by a friend these could be the beginning of pre menapause due to high estrogen levels.  
During the perimenopause, estrogen levels do increase because the egg that begins to mature does not completely mature. It produces some estrogen. Because it doesn't completely develop, the next egg and the next begin, each time increasing the amount of estrogen produced. There is no ovulation so progesterone does not get produced. So it is common in perimenopause to have increased estrogen and low progesterone. That could be what is causing your breast symptoms.  You can discuss this with your doctor, have a breast exam and check blood tests for FSH and prolactin to help sort this out.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD