Menopause Expert Forum
cramping
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cramping

Concerned and perplexed....please help
I am a 53 year old female who for the past several years have gone without a period or cramps.  I have not had any other menopause symptoms.  About 8 months ago I started to have very, very, very light spotting with no cramps.....For the last several weeks the spotting has become even more light but I am now experiencing menstrual cramps.  The odd thing is religously the cramps start like clockwork everyday between 1 and 2 p.m. and last for about 4 hours then disappear. I have started to take Vicoden to relieve the cramps and that helps tremendously.  If I do not take the Vicoden, the cramps are so bad that only a fetal position with a heating pad helps a little.  I recently had a pap smear and the results were normal with insignificant abnormalities.  I had a pelvic ultrasound which was inconclusive.  I am now scheduled for a pelvic MRI next week. I have not had any diagnosis my from my doctor...pending the result of the MRI.  I am diabetic nd overweight.  Can you please shed some of your professional light on my situation????
Any and all comments would be appreciated.