Menopause Community
crepe paper arms!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

crepe paper arms!

Wow it is great to see I'm not the only one with arm issues! am 56 in great shape but in the last few months my arms have gone south. Why does this happen so quickly? I started biodentical hormones about a year ago and this started about 6 months after. I would imagine my arms would be worse if I hadn't. I have the crepe look in my crease area and in my upper arms  when I turn them a certain way. I am also getting dimply in my upper inner arms I think it is disgusting. Has anyone every had surgery for this? it' s not fair! I think I will try and  Gold Bond I'm assuming it is there standard lotion?
Tags: arms
Hello, I just turned 37 and for the last year (so it started when I was 36) he skin on my arms and legs has begun to loosen dramatically, as if overmight and become "crepey". I hear you saying at 54-55 years old--but I'm 37! What's going on? Do we know what this is? I do yoga, I drink tons of spring water, I eat a mainly raw/organic diet, meditate...any ideas other than menopause? My periods are still regular. Thank you.
Hello abster and all. I am 55, 5' 4" and 118 lbs. My tummy is flat and my breasts are still pretty high. But, what on earth happened to the rest of me? Just one year ago, I looked fine. Now I have all this hanging fat under my arms and my skin is crepey everywhere, arms, neck, legs and feet. I can't even mention my hands, they are so bad. I keep myself covered up all the time because I feel so self-conscious of this. I have been in tears sometimes after seeing MUCH older women with better skin. There is a surgical procedure but I understand it leaves a big scar on the back of the arm. As for those products, I have read that they are a waste of money. I don't personally know ANY other woman to whom this has occurred, apart from what I have read here. I feel terrible for you Heather but I don't know what to say. I am going to try "peeling" an area at a time and see if that helps. I know it won't help with the loose skin but maybe the texture will improve. Starting with my feet..maybe I can wear sandals in the summer.