Menopause Community
does no periods mean early menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

does no periods mean early menopause

does no periods at all mean menopause at a early age without me knowing due to my body never going through what every other female has gone through. I do get alot of stomach pains where my stomach feels heavy sometimes and sometimes it feels tight. Does it mean my body is trying to tell me something due to the lack of periods that i never have. And can i still have children even though i never get my periods.
Hi,have you evre consulted with a gyno?I don't know enough about your situation.How old are you?That is some thing that I need to know.You should really think about consulting with a gyno.Give me some more info and I will try to help.Take care,Harttohart.
suzzyanne~
How old are you? How long has it been since you had a period?
There are several things that can make you not have a period. Hormones being the most prevelant.
When you go into menopause early, it is often referred to as premature ovarian failure. There is alot of info on the web if you do a search. Symptoms can vary. Not everyone will have hot flashes, night sweats, etc. I do not.
There are alot of women who have POF and still can conceive.
You really need to see a RE- reproductive endocrinologist and have all your hormones tested including thyroid.
Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
~Gatorgal
in reference to your previous answer of my question i never have my periods at all and im 36 years of age and not sexually active. my periods have been irregular all of my life. meaning i never have them as i have only had my period about 6times in my life since they started at age 13. i have been to a gyno as well as other doctors and had various test over the years and still no answers to why i never get my periods i was placed on various medication to bring on a period as well as birth control but nothing ever worked. i hope to have children before its to late but one would need a partner for this but im very single and still hoping.  occasionally i get hot flushes and body sweats. I have always suffered from stomach aches and pains is this due to me never having a period. my stomach always feels bloated and heavy. I have been tested for ovarian cyst but this came up negative. I also have been tested for polycystic ovaries this came up negative as well.  Can having no periods stop me from becoming pregnant i havent had a period for well over 5 years. can this affect the carrying of a child to full term or at all.  How would i know if ive already gone through menapause if i never have a period.
What does your doctor say about it?
Have you been tested for Turner's syndrome?

~Gatorgal
i too have had no regular periods since i was 18 years.i did a laproscopy and my gyno told me my uterus was to small to hold a baby.and my ovaries don't work.i have had early menopusein which i have hot flushes , night sweats and mood swings. currently he has put me on hormonal pills to see if my uterus will become larger then he said invitro is the only way to go.if there is no change with the uterus i will not be able to conceive.i really feel stuck is there no other way
hi im 47 and i have not had a period for 2 mths i have been trealized for 11 years and now im haveing hot flushes during the day and night.blood test are all ok