Menopause Community
does thickening of the uterus always mean cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I am trying to stay positive looking threw a mess of info.Trying to find a shread of evidence that does not point to cancer.The dr said I had no fibri\oids that could be sean in the ultrasound of my uterus.It all looked normal but the linning was thickened.I have a low thyroid problem   but dont think that could be the problem.has any one got any info on this issuse besides cancerous.There has to be a silver linning somewhere I am getting a d&c next week but it cant help my sainty right now anyinfo is apriceated greatly
Hello liloleme91.

Continue to think positive.  I am not a doctor; however, I do NOT believe that thickening of the uterus always mean cancer.

It is good news that your doctor said you had no fibrioids that could be seen in the ultrasound and that it all looked normal other than the lining was thickened.

Try not to allow yourself to become frieghtened with things we read on the internet.  Focus on thinking and bringing in positive thoughts.

Keep us posted.  You are going to be okay.

Have a blessed and peaceful day in the Lord.
Hi!  Thickening of the lining does not mean cancer.  So ignore that other reply.  I have thickening of the lining and its not cancer.  I am 55 a little over weight which doesn't help.  So please just keep seeing your DR and get a second opinion.