Menopause Expert Forum
dosage for Prometrium

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

dosage for Prometrium

Hi, I am 55 and have been on
Estrace 1mg and Prometrium 200mg for many years for Hot Flashes. I go to the local women's clinic. Recently I called for a refill of Prometrium and the new Dr. said that was way too much and put me on 100mg of Prometrium with my 1mg. of Estrace. Now I am wondering if this is not enough. I am getting hot flashes.
I don't want to take a dangerous dose, and I don't know which Dr. was right. Do you know what the suggested dose of Prometrium is? Should I also go down on my dosage of Estrace?
Thanks, JJ
A. There really isn