Menopause Community
endometrial ablation post tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I will be having a novasure endometrial ablation done next week, I have had previous c sections, tubal ligation and a tilted uterus and have not had any vaginal deliveries. I have read that if you have had the above that the ablation procedure is painful due to blood collecting in the fallopian tubes and uterus, do you know if that is a common side effect to the ablation when you have had the procedures above?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Endometrial ablation is the surgical destruction of the lining tissues of the uterus. It is a safe procedure in expert hands even when you are having the mentioned conditions. There will be no collection of blood as the cervix is dilated and this helps passage of blood to the vagina. For a few days you may have bleeding and blood stained discharge.
Take care and good luck