Menopause Community
fluid in uterusi post menopausal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

fluid in uterusi post menopausal

I just got results of my latest ultrasound, and it shows there is some fluid in my uterus  and also a 2.5 cm mass next to my right ovary. I'm 51 years old, no child and  haven't had periond for more than 3 years. Can you please tell me, what indicates having fluid in my uterus?
My doctor does not say anything at the moment. I can not reach her. I'm very worried for waiting in dark.

Thank you so much in advance.

Yeliz
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The fluid in the uterus can be simple secretions or it can be a collection of blood or pus. This needs to be further evaluated in detail. An endometrial biopsy may be necessary. Also follow up of the ovarian by ultrasound will be necessary. Consult a gynaecologist.
Hope this helps.