Menopause Expert Forum
frequent night tine urination
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

frequent night tine urination

I am a 65 year old Type 2 controlled diabetic. I get hot flashes on and off, mostly at night. But my complaint is frequent night time urination. I have had many tests through my urologist, such as -- Urovysion (FISH) report - Bladder cancer fish negative, Cytology report - negative for malignant cells,CT scan of pelvis with & without contrast,results - no distal urinary calculi, no pelvic masses or fluid collections, CT of abdomen results -  no renal calculi or hydronephrosis, unremarkable CT of abdomen for chronologic age.
Even though I get up 3-4 times during the night I am able to go right baack to sleep and my energy is great during the day.
What could be the cause of the frequent night time urination?
Thank you for your time and concern. Dolores Worth
Related Discussions
242601_tn?1217000247
A. Getting up at night is one of the most common complaints of women over the age of 50.  There are many reasons.  Since you have diabetes, one reason could be that your blood sugar is high at night time and that can lead to increased urination. Try checking your blood sugar at night and if it is elevated, discuss this with your internist.

Another common reason is that the bladder can
4 Comments
Blank
143952_tn?1237868141
did you have your bladder scoped?  i don't think they can really elminate everything until it's been scoped.
Blank
143952_tn?1237868141
oh shoot!  i didn't realize this was a moderated forum.  sorry!
Blank
I am 52 and had a hysterectomy in 1999. The hot-flashes started almost immediately. I have to go to the rest room during the night at least three times. There use to be Slim-Fast with Soy I started drinking that and my hot flashes went away. It was great. But now I don't drink it and they are back. What will help this. I always feel miserable. Hot then cold. Help//
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979