hot flashes
I was having mild menopausal symptoms of hot flashes about twice a week, prior to removal of my right ovary due to a large endometrioma 10cm. Since then I have had severe hot flashes whereby I'm soaking wet more than twenty a day and sleeplessness.because of night sweats. I am taking effexor and estroven over the counter with minimal effect. Its been 5weeks since the surgery. I am in menopause my period stopped 8 months ago can anyone suggest anything to alleviate my symptoms and have a good night sleep
Hi Flower

I'm in menopause for the past 14 years after a hystero-oovarectomy (complete removal of my uterus and both ovaries). My symptoms are severe. During the past 14 years I could not find any drugs to alleviate hot flushes. I try to manage it by drinking water as soon as I feel the flush coming on (my mouth feels dry and my face gets red) then, when it starts, I put a fan full blast on myself. During the night I sleep under a ceiling fan - it helps to prevent my body from getting too hot with the severe sweating that follows (an air conditioning system does not help - there must be a draught).  Drinking water regularly helps for me.

Hope this can be of some assistance to you.

Hi, I was just discussing hot flashes with someone who works for a Naturopath.  She complained to him of her terrible hot flashes causing her to get up several times each night to towel off and change. The Naturopath recommended Vitamin E supplements.  Not sure what dosage.  But she started taking them and said she hasn't had night sweats since.  Worth a shot.  Good luck!