hot sweats
Hi all,

I'm 48. Last year I had a hysterectomy. My ovaries were not removed. The last few months, I've had hot sweats and mood swings. I have depression and PTSD. The mood swings I'm having now are different. I can become irritated so quickly now and I find it exhausting. I assumed that as my ovaries were left, I would be ok. Has anyone else who had similar surgery, experienced menopausal symptoms ?
Heather
As you are 48 years of age and having these symptoms,so the chances of premenopause are more.The normal age range for the occurrence of menopause is somewhere between the age of 45 and 55. Symptoms of premenopause are irritability and mood swings,hot flashes,night sweating,irregular periods,decreased blood loss during periods,dry vagina,breast heaviness and tenderness and joint and muscle pain.

I feel that an evaluation by a gynecologist will be helpful and if premenopause is confirmed then you may need hormonal replacement therapy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.