Menopause Community
is early menopause hereditory

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

is early menopause hereditory

i just found out that my mum and two of my big sisters had stopped having their periods at 39years of age. Iam 34 and would like to have kids two at least, so iam a bit scared it can also happen to me.
Yes, early menopause or premature ovarian failure can be hereditary.
Avatar n tn
you have to look at woman's history.  women who have had kids tend to go into menopause later is my understanding.  my mom had 5 kids, i have none so i am 38 and experiencing pre-menopause much sooner than her.
Avatar n tn
Absolutely.  They say that we tend to go through menopause at the same time our Mothers went through it.  My Mother went through menopause at the age of 45 and I had it when I was 31yrs old.  I had a child when I was 25 yrs old. Please have a FSH blood test, this test is very indicative to show if you are having premature ovarian failure or approaching menopause.   The POF can happen to anyone regardless of their age.  
Please see an RE if you are planning to have children.  Good luck.