Menopause Community
is it POF/PCOS - opinions needed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

is it POF/PCOS - opinions needed?

Well, I am 21 yrs old this year. The thing that prompted me to go into this forum (and perhaps to the doc) is because since my teen years, i had noticed that the volume of menstrual blood is extremely little (generally spotting and i don''t have to use a pad) and last two months, there was no cycle at all. This month it came - but again the spotting. I am not sure whether it is related to this incident but when I was about 13, a friend kicked me in the pelvic area and right after that I had to run 5 rounds (for about 1.6km) for my fitness test. I dunno whether it put a strain onto the related organs, but definitely after that, the vol of menstrual blood decreases each year to the extent of spotting. Is this premature menopausal symptoms or wat?

I was reading up the net and I was wondering if it could be Premature Ovarian Failure or PCOS. Furthermore i am down with Hidradenitis Suppurativa which may be link to PCOS? ? Can someone enlighten me on this.. thanks
I have just been told I have Premature Ovarian failure, I am 39. I had very little bleeding for about a year. A simple blood test done by the doctor can tell you, as mine did. They have also told me I am in premature menopause my hormone test was 96.7 normal level is around 25 to 35. I would get a hormone test done to find out.
because on the other medical sites.. it seems that they quoted a few other symptoms apart from just little bleeding. Are you symptomatic for the others as well (like hot flashes, drying of the vagina, etc?) Quite curious though ...