Menopause Community
menopause, tinnitus and HRT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

menopause, tinnitus and HRT

I am 52 and have not had a period for 2 years.  I am not doing any HRT and  just put up with the wide array of lovely symptoms, hot flashes and migraines that you can set a clock by.  The latest thing  is tinnitus, I hear my heartbeat and a swooshing in my ears.  Is that related to menopause?  I did go to my doctor, she didn't feel that it was anything serious since I do not have any risk factors for heart/artery disease, don't have high blood pressure  and am otherwise in very good health.  Should I be concerned?
She did prescribe Premarin vaginal cream to help with vaginal dryness and painful intercourse but I have not used it for fear of side effect associate with hormone use.  Are the risk for this cream the same as taking HRT orally?  Would the cream maybe help with the tinnitus or make it worse?
I have been going through perimenopause for 8 years now, about 4 yrs ago the constant sound of a chainsaw running in the distance started.    My body went insane about a year ago, blood pressure shot up, anxiety like you would not believe.  I had to go on HRT, which brought blood pressure down, helps with the anxiety, but it has done nothing for the ear ringing.

Have you had your thyroid tested?  Sometimes that will cause ringing in the ears also.  Though yours almost sounds like what I get when I have a hot flash, it is like your pulse is suddenly in your head, like you have had a workout when your body gets very heated.

Is it constant and never goes away or does it come and go?  If your body is getting along ok without the hormones then maybe consider a lubricant , unless you have tried those and they don't work.
Had my thyroid tested in November along w/ everything else you could possibly test, all results normal.  
I think the noise may be constant but I only notice it when I'm not otherwise ocuppied and when it's quiet.  Oh well, sure ***** getting old!
I am goinig to try different lubricants first.
Thanks for the help.
i am 49 year old i hane no bleeding for one year  and then i have some bleeding for two month again and now it stop again plese tell me what is going on with me
you're going through menopause. . .mine did the the same thing!  I thought I was done after one year w/ no period then had a few periods and then it stopped. . .and that'swhen the fun really begins!