Menopause Community
menopause/dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

menopause/dizziness

I've been recently diagnosed with the start of menopause at age 49.  I have dizziness every single day.  I have these spells each day, and throughout the whole day.  Some days are less spells than other days.  They are quick, short lightheadness feelings, about 1-second duration, but I have several each day.  Any ideas out there?  Anyone with similar symptoms and in menopause??  Thanks for any responses.
  • Dizziness (20 replies):
    I'm 39yrs old but I seem to be having a lot of weird sym...[more]
  • Sudden dizzy spells (4 replies):
    I have been having sudden dizzy spells that last a few s...[more]
  • dizzy (2 replies):
    i have this dizzy spell esp.when im flat on my bed and w...[more]
  • Collapsing? (1 replies):
    Hi im 13 and for some reason, A couple times a day i fe...[more]
  • blood clots
    I went to A&E with upper back pain, unable to breathe or...[more]
Hey I am also feeling daily spells of dizziness. I just had a hysterectomy a month ago so I put a call into my doc I will let you know what he has to say. My head feels really strange most of the time light headed and small headaches. Hope its only menopause and not something more serious.I also had four migraines starting the day after surgery so I do think it is hormonal.

Leighkory
I've had dizzines so bad the other night I was vomiting all night. This has happened a few times.        Any ideas on what to take?i
i am 52 years old and have been dizzy on and off since may ,some mild episopes and some not along with ears ringing,buzzing and fluild like noises on and off it has been very fustrating. been to a million doctors and now finally they are leading towards an hornonal balance ?
Hi I'm into my 3rd week after full hysterectomy.
I feel very dizzy, light headed, moody, sick
& headaches!! But it's the Dizziness that feels the worst!! Very untrolkanle and do not know how to cope or resolve this? Have you seen your doctor yet? If so, what was the outcome ?
Thanks.
Donna.
I got dizzy at work and felt like vomiting. I had a hysterectomy before Christmas last year and am just feeling like this now. Hot flashes and nausea. Apparently I am fine when I went to see my doctor, so they have given me pills to keep me from feeling dizzy n nauseous. My blood level and everything else is fine.
What pills did they give you? Is it a hormone pill? You could be suffering the effects of the loss of ovarian hormones if your ovaries were removed or stopped working because of the hysterectomy.
I had headaches  , foggy head and the feeling of cobwebs on my eyes i even got tinitis.  Went to about 20 doctors and no one knew whT it was. After 8 stressful months i called the menapause clinic and they found out that the estrogen patches that i had been on for 3 years (with no trouble ) had caused influmation behind my eyes and in my ears. They have put me on different estrogen  5mg instead of 25mg and given me progesterone.  My headaches are gone, so is my foggy head. Its just been 1 week since they reduced the estrogen  and my tinitus is lower and my eyes are a bit better. My suggestions is not to waist time going to doctors that aren't helping you and go straight to the menapause experts. They are the only people who helped me. Good luck.