menopause
I'm 51 I've been having hot flashes for a year. For the last 3 months I sweat so bad , it starts from my scalpe drips down my chest.I'm drenched not just at night. I'ts so embarrsing, people actually think something is wrong with me because of the redness of the face and the sweat dripping down it. Is this normal?
When I was in perimenopause (lasted several years before my periods actually stopped), yes I did have drenching sweats. Most of the time I just got dewy, little beads of sweat on my face. Other times it would be so bad I would drip off my chin and have it dribbling down my chest, back and sides. Those really bad times I also got very nauseated and would throw up a bit. It wasn't fun but I got through it. I wasn't willing to take hormones because of the risks involved there. Sweat isn't dangerous, just gross. But this is a decision you have to make. Many women do take hormones to ease the symptoms and do quite well. I'm just very bad about taking any medications unless I have to.
Hello dear,
You are enter in Menopause age.Don't worry of all these stuff. Take some home remedy which helps you to feel relief in Menopause. Eat a proper food. Vitamins are necessary in this age. Go for some good Exercise or a yoga that helps you to be relax. Share your feeling with the family member you feel good.
Ive heard this is very normal. There are alternatives to HRT. I have a friend who didn't want to take the hormones prescribed by her doctor because of the damage they can cause. She saw an herbalist who had given her herbs/supplements to decrease the effects of menopause. She says it really does help. I've never heard of anyone else on them so I thought I would put it out there as something for you to think about while your deciding what's right for you. You maybe even able to get some relief from acupuncture. They can treat so many things that way and they are very knowledgable with supplements and herbs.
Hope you find some relief soon!
Ginger