Menopause Community
menopause

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

menopause

I am 49 yrs old, have been having periods every 20 or so days but recently skipped to 45days & now have been on a heavy flow for 6 days with lots of clotting. Should I see my doc?
The erratic nature of periods during perimenopause wouldn't concern me, but the heavy flow/clotting is not normal for me, so that would spur me to call my doctor.  Did you check in with your doc?  
You seem to be having the symptoms of metrorrhagia(heavy periods). Various factors causing it are endometriosis, hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Dear,
Yes dear you should consult to your doctor. Because it may chance that you may hit the menopause. So try to consult your doctor as soon as possible. Take lots of vitamins in your diet and do regular exercise this all will help you out. Take care dear.
I am 49 years old and for the first time I had a bump with a whitehead on it.  It hurts very much and even though it left after hot compresses I still have the pain.  It has been seven weeks with the pain.  My periods have been regular but the pain increases during ovulation which I experienced twice already going on round three.  I had a blood test done for herpes even though I inform the doctor that I am celebate because my husband has had cancer for eight years now.  Neither of us are active.  She looked at me with such disbelief  and I am hurt.  I took the blood test on April 4 and am still waiting for her to call.  The lab is right across the street.  The bump did not look anything like the herpes clusters.  It looked like a pimple with a whitehead.  I am so upset that I am still waiting and I know if I am still in pain it has to be related to my period.  My uteris has been very tilted for 27 years and my periods feel like I am in labor.  I felt like I was giving birth last month to my uteris.  I do have fibroids that come and go.  I need to know what this is.  I do have an appointment on May 2, 2013.  Please help.  I am very upset.
Yes I went to a ob/gyn & within 5 minutes he said I have cancer. Only after a through exam + bioposy, both of which showed no signs of cancer did he say I have fibroids
Doctor, I had an exam a few days ago. The doctor was so rude. He told me within 5 minutes of our visit that I had cancer. But after a through exam, bioposy, blood work & ultra-sound (all of which were normal & showed no signs of cancer) did he say I have fibroids. I have done some research on my own & do believe I am in perimenopause & that my periods are probably not as heavy as I feel they are. At the time this all occurred, I switched from Citalpram to Lexapro. But the doc I saw didn't even ask any questions about anything. A very tramatic experience.
Thank you. The new doc I saw gave me a very big scare, said I had cancer. Did bother to ask me questions about anything. Well after a through exam, bioposy, blood work & ultra-sound I am happy to say everything is normal. Just fibroids & in perimenopause. I am not happy with this doc & will not see him again. Very rude & a very tramatic experience I had waiting for the results thinking I had cancer.