Menopause Community
mid cycle spotting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mid cycle spotting

Hello,

I am 39 years old and a mother of 2.  I ovulated on day 14 and started spotting on day 15.  A dark brown, only on the tissue paper type spotting.  I have night sweats and have been waking up with migraines.  I am a smoker as well.  I have never had mid cycle spotting before and I started having menses at age 11.  There is zero chance of pregnancy as I have not been sexual in over a year.  I haven't had a pap in about 3 years but the last one was normal.  What could be causing this spotting?
Related Discussions
Sounds like Perimenopause, mid cycle spotting especially at your age is common with a lot of women, including myself, in the perimenopause years. Go to the Dr. to be sure as I am NOT an expert. Your spotting definitely sounds hormonal to me, with what I have read up on, especially the night sweats on top of other things. I personally have not had night sweats but DO have irritability, Not sure if you have mild cramping or not with the spotting but I do, and it can last up to 3 days for me at times. I do not spot everytime I go to the bathroom on these days but on and off then its gone. I started taking a WOMENS multi vitamin and I have NOT spotted in the last 4 months incredible, try taking a Womens muli vitamin and see what happens. Don't be scared, these things do happen read the board on Spotting. Most women seem to be on or have been on Birth control pills when spotting. I have never and will NEVER take any type of birth control pill. I don't trust what there doing to our bodies!! Hope this helps and good luck to you,
Sofee
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank