missed period at 43
I'm pretty regular however I've missed my period this month. Why? I'm 43 and just re'cvd a normal physical and pap. There hasn't been a gradual drop off. Just completely missed. My mom had a hysterectomy early in life so I have nothing to go by as far as early menopause.
The normal range of menopause is 45 to 55 years in the United States. But premature menopause is defined as menopause before age 40. However, one missed period doesn't mean a person is in menopause. That definition is one year of missed periods. So what you are experiencing is more likely just an early sign of perimenopause, the window of years leading up to menopause. It doesn't mean you aren't normal. If the period is missed for 3 months or more, make an appointment to talk with your doctor. Also, if pregnancy is possible, you might want to get a pregnancy test.
Machelle M. Seibel, MD