Menopause Expert Forum
ovary pain in menopause
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ovary pain in menopause

I am 55, I had a abdominal hysterectomy in 1996 when I was 44, everything was removed except my left ovary. In 1998, I started having hot flashes, headaches etc. and my gyn ran some tests, I was perimenopausal, and also had hypothyroidism. I was started on estrace and synthroid in 1998.
For the past several months, I have been having pain in my left ovary, it seems to happen just like it did when I was ovulating, I take ibuprofen, and it seems to be ok, but then returns the next month.
I have also been having low back pain, that is pretty constant, and I seem to be having more problems with stress incontinence when I cough or sneeze hard.
I stopped going to my gyn several years ago, because I thought my primary md could prescribe my hormone meds for me. My gyn did not need to do pap smears on me any more becuse of my hyst.
My younger sister, who is 53, has just been diagnosed with infiltrating stage 3 ductal ca of her left breast with lymphatic invasion. Prior to this we have had no history of cancer in the family.
Should I be worried about my symptoms, or am I just freaking out because of my sister.