Menopause Community
pain in the right side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

pain in the right side

I have been having severe pains in my right lower side. I am pre menopause and have not had a normal period in over a year. The last couple of months I have just had spots. This happened last month too. So I guess this happens at my suppose to cycle. What could this be and why so severe.
It can be anything from a cyst to appendicitis.  I wouldn't fool around with it.  I would get it checked out as immediately as possible.  If it's appendicitis, you can die if you let it go on and get worse because it will burst.  If it's a cyst, then there are different things they can try to deal with it.